WidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionRotoMetals2
Reloading EverythingTitan ReloadingInline FabricationLoad Data
Repackbox

Thread: Hybrid 100V

Boolit Master

Hybrid 100V

Has anyone used this powder? It has been claimed that this powder has a very low flame temp and extends the barrel life on many overbore cartridges. I have used VV165 in my 6.5-284 for years cause it has low flame temp but the H100V is lower yet.

Tried it twice in 243 and 270 velocity node tests. Got some nodes, but it didn't group well after bullet seating depth testing on any depth. It's probably just the bullet weights that I'm using. There are better powders that are more forgiving, so it got a pass, but it's logged down for future use if things get tight.

Boolit Master
    Thanks Lawdog

Boolit Master
    I bought a pound when I started with 6.5 Creedmoor and was able to get some high velocities safely. Accuracy wasn't as good as H4350 and there wasn't that much of a difference in velocity. I was using Berger 140 VLD's fwiw.

Are you running out of N165 or just want a backup? Have you tried H4831SC? I had good luck with it in the 6.5×284 and 140's (again Berger's). I haven't really paid attention to what powders are available lately.

Moderator Emeritus

I've used it on recommendation from a friend, in 257rob with 120gr Jacketed. I got better accuracy than with my usual 4350.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Boolit Master
    I started out with 4831 and had excellent results. When I did my first loads with the new gun I had H4831 and IMR 4831 and the IMR was more accurate than the Hodgdon. I was persuaded to try VV165 by a friend that I shot close range BR with and we came up with a load for 140 Berger hunting BTs that was as good or better than the first load. And as burn temp charts came out I found that the VV165 was easier on the barrel than the 4831s. Now it looks as if the Hybrid 100V is a lower temp powder than the vv165. But in the real world it my not be of enough of a lower temp to make any difference. I am out of the IMR4831, low on the H4831, have a little of the VV165 and all my cases loaded. With the current shortage I thought maybe H100v would be easier to find and afford than the more popular powders. I have about a pound and a half of superformance that I bought for a rem 260 gas gun that was not too accurate in the AR10, maybe the 6.5 will like it.

Boolit Master
    I've switched to it from H4350 in the 243 using 105s & 107s. I got slightly better velocity and accuracy with a Criterion barrel. About the only way to know for sure is try a pound, around here its not easy to find on the shelf.