Inline FabricationLoad DataSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2
Titan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxReloading Everything
Lee Precision Wideners

Thread: John Ross contact

Banned

John Ross contact

I will not say too much at this moment but i am trying to contact John in regards to a 500 satin stainless steel 500 revolver I paid him for using a postal money order. John will not replay to Facebook messages, pm, phone calls or emails. I called him on August 15 to say the money was being over night mailed and on the 17th it was delivered signature required. I then called on Saturday the 22nd and was told he was shopping and that he would call me on August 24th but never did so I called him with out answer. I have made reasonable attempts to contact him and can't help but feel I am being given the run around. If there is a issue I can't fix it if he will not tell me what it is. My ffl has sent his info to john as well.

I am not mad l just want to know when I can get my gun.

If anyone has contact with him please let him know mr. Riggs in western Kentucky is trying to contact him.

Thanks

Banned

No idea, but I did have something similar happen a few years ago. Came to find out a month or so after I sent the MO that the guy has passed suddenly. He was a good guy, it seems, a friend of his, who wasn't even a gun enthusiast went through his deals and called me, worked out the details and I got the item.

I guess the point is, things happen, hopefully he'll make it right. If you payed with a USPS money order, you should be able to get a refund if need be.

John Ross was talking the other day here, so if it's the same guy, he ain't dead.

Banned
    I was able to make contact with John ross tonight. He said he had cashed the money order and will ship gun on Monday or Tuesday and would call.

Boolit Bub
    How much is Mr. Ross charging for the remaining 5" Performance Center revolvers he has?

Banned

John Ross contact 2

I think this is something that that should be discussed here since John is a member in high standing on this website. John and I came into agreement for him to sell and I to buy a satin stainless steel 500 Smith and wesson john ross edition. I have sent the money order for $1950 postpaid to John and it was delivered signature required to the address he sent. John said he would ship within 7 days. He said in our first phone call on August 15th he was a one man crippled operation put to shame by the credit card pays and one day shipping and I was ok with said wait. My next phone call was on August the 22 in this call I tell him who I am and I was told by John he was shopping and he would call back on Monday, well that call never came and that's when emails started and my phone calls have never been answered since.

I have sent john 4 unanswered emails the dates are as follows August 18, 24,28, September 1.

I have sent John 3 Facebook messages.

I have sent 1 text message

Now is where the interesting part comes to life john will not answer my calls well good thing this Kentucky boy married a cajun queen because on August 29th I called him after trying 20 times throughout the day using my number. Using the lousiana prefix number John answered on the 3rd ring and wanted to know who I was. When I informed him it was mr. Riggs he said he had bad signals and would call back Monday. I said your not pulling that and he held the line. I asked if he had cashed the money orders to which he said yes, I then asked when my gun would ship August 31 or September 1 and he would call when they had shipped.

John has not called and I have made two calls to him today September 1.

I want John to be a man of his word and send the gun for which he was paid.

Also the ffl I am using paperwork is in good order and not expired. My ffl has had contact with John August 17th.

If someone sees John tell him mr. Riggs wants his gun and is tired of playing games.

Thank you

Banned

Just call his local police and report he stole your money for a gun that was not sent. File a report and thern do the same to the BATF.

Boolit Bub
    At this point it seems like the easiest way to buy a JR500 is to buy one second hand, or live near enough to Mr. Ross to buy one in person.

Boolit Master
    I hate to see things like this. CastBoolits is by far the most helpful forum that I've ever seen and I've been kicking the net for close to 30 years.
    Sometimes real life crap happens and we have trouble meeting commitments. With Covid this can be compounded many times over. I hope that it works out for you.

Boolit Master
    I think if I were you I would involve law enforcement ASAP. I once was written a bad check for a horse that I sold to a very reputable trainer. She wouldn't answer my calls. Very soon after she received a call from the states attorney there was a check on the way that was good.

Boolit Master

Postal money order fraud might fall under federal offense, I would suggest filing a police report.
    ...Speak softly & carry a big stick...

Boolit Master

didnt you already post about this a few days ago and it was all resolved or is this another incident. really hate to see dirty laundry hung out to dry, much better ways to handle this I would think.
    if you are ever being chased by a taxidermist, don't play dead

Banned
    Yes I did post the other day and I would love to hear a better way to deal with this. John is a member here who sells these revolvers here and I am a member. I think this should be a learning experience for everyone like myself who wants to buy a revolver from John.

No one is airing dirty laundry here just stating facts.

Now if you know a way to reach John where he will answer rancher1913 I would appreciate that input.

Banned
    This is same transaction just updated if you read the op.

In the op I made contact using another number and was given the run around. John stated he would ship and call no latter than today(considering he had had two weeks that's a reasonable limit) and when he did not and I was unable to reach him I decided to start this thread explaining the whole situation.

Banned
    John ross is more than welcome to post facts and his side of the story on this post.

I am not going to stoop to slandering his or anyone else's reputation.

Boolit Buddy
    OP, this type of situation has occurred before with your seller. The info is online if you want to search for it and see how the other buyer was able to resolve his issue.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Boolit Bub
    This is a shame cause I really wanna buy one of those JR500 revolvers one day.

Boolit Master

If you used a USPS money order anything over $250 is a federal felony of mail fraud. You can also involve the postal service to help with your problem.

Cast Boolits Owner

Handloader,
    I have merged your threads related to this as more than one is just redundant. As stated earlier in this thread John Ross has experienced slow shipping in the past - a search of the internet shows this to be true. Most who deal with him know this and accept the gun will ship late. You indicated both of your threads are to get JR’s attention, continued posting to those threads by you after the initial post but before JR’s reply is really nothing more than airing your dirty laundry and will not be allowed.
    "The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion."
    - Albert Camus -

Super Moderator

Reported Private Message by ShooterAZ

ShooterAZ has reported a private message.

Reason:
    For Staff Record
    Sent by: No_1
    Original Content:
    Quote Originally Posted by Handloader - Thu, 03 Sep 2020 02:50:41 +0000
    John has made contact and has provided photos of shipping receipt. There were extenuating circumstances on his end. As I told him we could split the blame due to the fact he was so hard to contact and I for not asking about life events. We finished this evening texting back and forth on phones Friendly like.

If possible please remove the post I made as it is no longer needed.

John has proven to be a man of his word, just got up in unfortunate events that could happen to anyone.
    It is important for you post to the thread the exact thing you have told me otherwise everyone will wonder what happened and most will speculate we deleted it because “John Ross is a good standing member here” or whatever you said.

Robert