RepackboxWidenersRotoMetals2Load Data
Snyders JerkyTitan ReloadingLee PrecisionReloading Everything
Inline Fabrication MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Aguila ammo corrosive?

I have used several cases (5000/case) of the Super Extra over the years. Shot it matches and in practice, found no problems. Accurate and dependable.
    Phil

Boolit Master
    I keep it along with the ci 22's till all the good stuff is used up, after the last shortage learned my lesson watching people pay $100 or more for 500 mini mags

Boolit Master
    My ely match smelled funny also. Almost like a plastic solvent. I only buy the augila’s in regular velocity. They seem as good as my cci or federal match.

Boolit Master

Don't know how anyone can badmouth the stuff, I have shot a ton of it (figuratively speaking of course) and I really like the stuff! I bought a bunch of shorts back during the shortage when I came across them at an out-of-the-way feed store that had somehow missed the buying frenzy until I found them, all their LR was long gone but the shorts were left so I bought all they had and was happy to get them no matter what brand! Very accurate and out of hundreds shot so far not a failure out of the bunch, my little Berreta Minx (short only) loves the stuff and has been eating a bunch of it, in my singleshot rifle accuracy has been great and although, as others have said, a bit smokey it does not seem to be otherwise dirty at all. There is a lot to like about this ammo and the LR version I have bought since is every bit as good as the shorts, like I said a lot to like about this ammo and I can't think of any reason to avoid it, way better than the notorious Thunderduds I had stashed away!
    Statistics show that criminals commit fewer crimes after they have been shot

Well i haven had any problems yet. Shot it through my mk4. A heritage Both marlin 60w. And my 510 with out problem but the stuff sure is nasty compared to other brands if ya fire it indoors
    Those who would trade freedom for safety deserves neither and will lose both

Boolit Buddy
    I use Aguila and CI as training ammo for Kids. Most shot out of bolt action rifles. Never had a problem.
    EDIT: As I was typing this my Father in law just came over for two bricks of CI. He is going Shooting with two Grand Sons he just bought Henry levers for.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12