Titan ReloadingInline FabricationRepackboxReloading Everything
Snyders JerkyLoad DataRotoMetals2Lee Precision
Wideners MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: Prayer for our awesome family member.

Banned

Prayer for our awesome family member.

Our beautiful little dog has been having trouble with her left front leg. We have been giving her NSAID's for arthritis for a couple of weeks, prescribed by our vet. She also has a cough and they treated her for kennel cough with antibiotics. After the full course of antibiotics she still has a cough but not as frequent as before. They just didn't seem to be very concerned for her so we went to another local vet, who said without x-rays she believes she has a type of cancer in her left shoulder.
    Our dog had a melanoma removed from the inside of her left lip a little over a year ago by the old vet, who gave her three months to live. She beat that by about a year, but now the muscle in her left shoulder is unusually very firm. So now the new vet prescribed an opioid for pain. After we have her off of the original NSAID we start her on meloxicam. The new vet said this could even possibly cause the cancer to shrink. She also said she thinks the coughing is probably because the cancer has moved into her lungs. We're told this kind of cancer causes the bone to become brittle and eventually it would break in everyday use and cause her extreme pain. If we have the leg removed the cancer will remain and continue to spread.
    We've had this darling for 13 years, and we have had bad experiences with our other dogs, one had a different type of cancer and another developed seizures and we had to have them both put to sleep. Now we may have to do it again.
    Brothers, please help us pray for this little sweet heart, that if the Lord is willing he will grant a miracle and heal our girl. But if he chooses to take her, that she will pass peacefully in her sleep. This is such a sweet little girl and a major member of our family, her name is Sydney. Thanks in advance for any and all prayers.

Boolit Master

Prayers up to ease hard times. Dogs are great and have a special place in our families and hearts.

Boolit Buddy
    My prayers go up for you! Dogs are very special friends. The more people I meet the better I love my dogs!!!

Boolit Master

We all know pets are part of the family and are dear to us. So prayers for comfort and peace.

Moderator Emeritus

Dogs are very important in our family! As "dog" spelled backwards is god (not to be confused with God) but a good indicator of how they serve you and me. They love you unconditionally and are a better judge of people than most people are. With that said I am glad that you changed vets and found one that you are comfortable with. Of course I will pray for you, your family and your dog! Please keep us updated!
    When guns are outlawed only criminals and the government will have them and at that time I will see very little difference in either!

"Within the covers of the Bible are the answers for all the problems man faces." President Ronald Reagan

"We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the law breaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is acoutable for his actions." Presdent Ronald Reagan

Sorry to hear this Tank. Prayers of comfort and peace for you and Sydney girl.
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

Boolit Master

Prayers sent
    "In God we trust, in all others, check the manual!"

Boolit Master

I lost my Yorkie, Curly, a while back. I know the hurt. May God Almighty be comforting and grant peace and grace.
    Maker of Silver Boolits for Werewolf hunting

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master Boaz's Avatar
    Prayers up from north Texas . Got two of my own with problems right now , they are old . Hoping she gets better !
    No turning back , No turning back !

Banned

I thank you all for your prayers and I thank God I found an online community such as this. Soooo many prayer warriors in one place.
    Update: Our newe vet told us we had to have a 4 day period between the last dose of the medicine from the first vet and the first dose of the arthritis med she prescribed. But the new med will restrict blood flow to the affected area and could restrict blood flow to the tumor enough to cause it to shrink.
    Now the good news, we made it through the 4 days and gave the first dose this morning of the arthritis med. We have been praying for these four days the Jesus would bless the ability of the med and give her back some mobility. Praise Jesus for answered prayer! When I took her out to pee after dosing she just barely had any limp at all, when she's been limping heavily for 5 or 6 days. So now we wait and see but early signs show Jesus is granting some relief for her, Praise God!
    Once more thank you all so much for all of your prayers, Jesus is answering.

Thank you for seeking prayer . We are told to ask for our needs in this life . Certainly glad she is doing better .

Banned

New update!!!! It's still early but it looks like our little lady is getting back to being herself. PRAISE JESUS! One of her favorite places to sleep was in my wife's chair, and our son came down late last night and she was in her chair for the first time since this started. We are very happy and we want to thank you all so much for the prayers.

Thanks for the update tank. Praise Jesus indeed. Prayers continue
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

Banned

Our little lady took a bad turn last weekend. She couldn't use her leg at all and we could tell she was in a lot of pain cause she got to the point she didn't even want to get up and all she could do is lay around and that wasn't comfortable for her either.
    So today we said farewell to our wonderful little Oreo dog. We called her that because she was black and white. She gave us so much joy in her thirteen years with us and we weren't going to make her endure any more pain. Thank you all for the prayers she fought the good fight for us. I thank Jesus for the time we had with her, some say dogs don't go to heaven, some say they do. I hope they do because I picture her playing ball with Jesus and being happy for ever. Sleep well our little Sydney.

So sorry tank. My prayers for your comfort in this hard time.

Prayers for you and your family.

I'm really sorry to hear the bad news . Us dog people understand your loss . They sure do become part of our lives .

Banned

Thank you all so much for the prayers, it was very hard to let her go and we miss her more than words can say. God is working in our lives everyday. We thank God for the time we had with her she was and is a close member of our family.

Moderator Emeritus

No animal in the history of the world has come to relate to humankind the way dogs have. I'd be lost without my own little girl. She is my shadow and my spiritual partner. I love her. May the Lord heal your pup just like He would a person. Amen.