Snyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Load Data
Titan ReloadingRepackboxLee PrecisionReloading Everything
Wideners Inline Fabrication

Thread: Turning away the hurricanes

Boolit Buddy

Turning away the hurricanes

We're supposed to get a hurricane or 2 in the next few days. But it won't come here. Got a generator ready for the house and another ready in the shop, where the well is. Seems everytime I prepare they go somewhere else.
    "EXPERT= Ex is a has been, spurt is a drip under pressure" Unknown

Don't wash your car either.
    That'll make it rain for sure.
    In school: We learn lessons, and are given tests.
    In life: We are given tests, and learn lessons.

OK People. Enough of this idle chit-chat.
    This ain't your Grandma's sewing circle.
    EVERYONE!
    Back to your oars. The Captain wants to waterski.

I'm nestled away in the far S.E. corner of Oklahoma. 15 miles from Texas and about 20 from Arkansas. I just finished mowing the lawn based on no other good reason than them hurricanes coming up from the gulf. Don't ask me how, but they may have to ease up the panhandle of Texas, then over to Kansas and come down the eastern half of Oklahoma to get to me. I'm thinking 4-6"s at the least.

Murphy
    If I should depart this life while defending those who cannot defend themselves, then I have died the most honorable of deaths. Marc R. Murphy '2006'.

I miss the weather out east were lucky to see a inch of rain where mo gets 5 to 10 inches in 24 hours. wind barely blows here but mo gets 100 mph squalls. We do get more snow here and less heat which is better.
    Those who would trade freedom for safety deserves neither and will lose both

Boolit Master

If you buy a new snow blower or snow mobile, I guarantee you that it will not snow enough to use them
    Being human is not for sissies.

Went thru that a few years ago got one from ace for close to 800 bucks then proceded to get only a few inches that year. Usually have 3 or 4 feet of pack by the end of feb.
    Those who would trade freedom for safety deserves neither and will lose both

In Remembrance
    I hope you are right. Do not know if mine will run.

Boolit Master
    If it weren't for hurricanes this part of the country would get NO rain from August to October!

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by square butte View Post
    If you buy a new snow blower or snow mobile, I guarantee you that it will not snow enough to use them
    Truth! I bought a new SUV last year, then spent another few hundred on tires to replace the mediocre factory tires since I was nervous about winter. Turned out to be the least severe winter I'd ever witnessed while living here. Two snow storms. I drove on snow covered roads twice. I could have driven a Corvette all winter and been fine.

But, this winter is supposedly going to be a bad one. My folks just bought a horse from a mountain town about 25 miles away and it was already getting it's winter coat. Dad claims that's a bad sign. We'll see...
    "Luck don't live out here. Wolves don't kill the unlucky deer; they kill the weak ones..." Jeremy Renner in Wind River

Banned

We bought a generator on Saturday.......just before the 2 storms changed course!

Its Murphy's law, if your ready for them, truly ready, they will go bother someone else who is not.

The more prepared you are to deal with any crisis in any form the fewer you will see.

But if you are unprepared, be going along fat, dumb and happy buying toys instead of tools.
    If you don't have a solid 2 weeks supply of food, water. Hand tools in case power is out. Ohhhh yeah ol man Murphy going to visit you slap one upside your head and give you a wakeup call. And he may just stomp you while your down.

Be ready, for anything this life can throw at you. Be tough but flexible. Be Prepared.
    I truly believe we need to get back to basics.

Get right with the Lord.
    Get back to the land.
    Get back to thinking like our forefathers thought.

May the Lord bless you and keep you. May the Lord make His face to shine upon you and be gracious unto you
    and give you His peace. Let all of the earth – all of His creation – worship and praise His name! Make His
    praise glorious!

Banned
    Have a good spare tire and you'll never need it.

After years of losing power I finally bought a generator. Wife says that we won't lose power again.

Boolit Buddy
    Correct! Didn't snow enough for three seasons to get the blower out when we bought ours. Unfortunately, its seen a goodly amount since.

Isaac

Boolit Master

'Bout a hundred miles from the Gulf of Mexico
    Bring it on!!!!!!!!!!! I didn't run from the last one (Rita, in '05) and i wont run from this one!!!!!!!!!!! But, i'm prepared.
    I firmly believe that you should only get treated by how you act, not by who or what you are!!

Boolit Grand Master

What's a snow blower ... something for your Shrimp Boat to ice your catch down ?

Gary ,
    survivor of :
    Audrey 1957
    Betsy 1965
    Camille 1969
    Katrina 2005
    Gustav 2008
    Last edited by gwpercle; 08-26-2020 at 01:17 PM.
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables
    " Let's Go Brandon !"