MidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2Load Data
Inline FabricationSnyders JerkyReloading EverythingLee Precision
Wideners Repackbox

Thread: Remington Mod 37 mags

Boolit Grand Master

Remington Mod 37 mags

I see these mags going for crazy prices.
    I'm guessing they fit only the one rifle.
    I've got two of them.
    Was hoping to find a rifle someday.
    Any idea what the going price is these days????

Boolit Grand Master
    If your luck is anything like mine, the minute you start looking seriously, the prices will climb.

Have you checked GunBroker?

Robert

Boolit Master

They are a machined magazine and not stamped out. They fit only the model 37. The design is complex enough that it is not practical to duplicate it as an aftermarket. There is a least one person making a single shot adapter aftermarket.
    The magazine was fit to the rifle for proper feed height
    . The going price is around 180 to 250 bucks each. Rifle price vary with amount of original accesories. The rifle came in a wood box with sights. Rifle prices start around 800 and can go to 2000 if original.

I have never owned a 37, I too am Bogarting a mag for the one that will come down the road. I’ve had a dozen Win 52s, I think there must have been a lot more of them than Rem 37s.

Boolit Master
    I to have a few winchester 52s great rifles.i have only see i few remington 37s for sale.the reason it they only made 12,200 of them total between1939 and 1955.If i had a mag for one i would be looking for a rifle to.Good Luck finding one to your liking.

Boolit Master
    Most of the 37s I see have only the single shot platform in them. The timed-fire stages of the .22 matches went out of fashion pretty early, so few people got the 5-shot mags.

I ran into a guy at a gun show once who had a stash of miscellaneous Remington 37 magazine parts, very nicely machined and finished, that he’d bought years before from Remington. I had a 37 back then, with the single-load platform, and asked him how much a set would cost for the 5-shot magazine. Unfortunately, there was one part missing (I forget which) that prevented making a complete magazine, and he had no plans to get this part made. Alas for my hopes there.

So I would imagine it would be whatever the market would bear. I got an extra magazine for my Springfield M2 .22 for $90 about 20 years ago, and that was as low as the proud owner would go. I’ve seen a few more of those around since (at higher prices) but never a loose 37 magazine.

Super Moderator

................I just bought a Remington M37 RangeMaster from one of the old "Burrito Shooters" from some years back. I currently don't have the means to post photo's, but should have that rectified before too long. Several years ago I'd asked if he'd be interested in selling it to me for $500, but alas, no. So here a couple weeks back he called and asked if my offer for the M37 still stood? I said it did, so now am the new owner. However the range where we'd all get together each Tuesday for our "Burrito Match" is no more.

I any event the rifle's serial number is 047** and is in excellent condition. It has a fully adjustable machined aluminum buttplate and 1.25" sling swivels. One fixed to the underside of the butt, and the other in an aluminum channel under the forend. This swivel is fit into a cast aluminum piece made to fit between your forefinger and thumb, that may also slide fore and aft. There is another sling swivel of 1.5" width and with locking ability that can also slide in the channel. I believe it is for one of those slings that goes from the swivel and then back around your upper arm.

There is a final forend handhold that utilizes the forend channel. This is a cast aluminum stirrup like affair, with a smooth shaped wooden handle piece for you to grip. It places your hand about 4" below the forend, and angled back toward you. Probably utilized with your elbow back against the side of your torso. The barrel wears 2 Unertl style scope blocks.

Ditto at the muzzle where there is a Trumpet type tunnel front sight that takes inserts. I have 5 plastic orange colored with varying ID peeps. There are also 9 steel inserts. Eight are apertures of various ID one with a narrow post. These are about 5/8ths inch in OD, and not for use with the front sight currently mounted on the barrel. The front sight clamps to a 3rd Unertl type block and the inserts for it are 1/2" od. The rear sight has no name on it I can see, but does have a patent date as does the front sight base. It clamps to a much longer Unertl type base, apparently allowing for some fore and aft adjustment.

The rifle also came with a steel clip set up for single cartridge usage. The trigger wears a blued steel serrated shoe attached to the trigger via 2 tiny hex head setscrews. The barrel is 28" long and .810" OD at the muzzle. I haven't had a chance to shoot it yet,

...............Buckshot
    Father Grand Caster watches over you my brother. Go now and pour yourself a hot one. May the Sacred Silver Stream be with you always

Proud former Shooters.Com Cast Bullet alumnus and plank owner.

"The Republic can survive a Barack Obama, who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president."

Shrink the State End the Fed Balance the budget Make a profit Leave an inheritance