Load DataRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading Everything
RepackboxWidenersTitan ReloadingInline Fabrication
Snyders Jerky Lee Precision
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Hissfest 2020 - Mittens update.

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance
    Yeah, cats do that, we could joke that kitty is saying "Let me sing you the song of my people." I guess.

I tend to tell mine "I'm right here" if they do that, maybe they can't see you so they are worried that you've ceased to exist? (aka 'object constancy')

Boolit Master

I’m glad Mittens is doing well & has become an integral part of the family! Thank you for the update & hope all is well with you & yours!

Boolit Master
    Seeing this thread made me very happy.
    I had been missing an update on Mittens. It's good to see that she has progressed quite well. Warms my heart!

And with that,, we know one of our cats is on the downhill slide. She's about 17,, and we can tell,,,,,,! Love that little angel.

Thanks for dropping in & updating us! Glad you decided to come back!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by bakerjw View Post
    Due to reasons into which I will not go into detail, I stopped coming to CB. I know that a number of people followed this thread so I dropped in to give an update.

There is no more hissing in the house and Mittens has unleashed a reign of what we call "Tiny Tripod Terror" on our other girls. She is still a kitten at heart and chases Libby and Lilly Bug regularly. When I go to bed at night to read, she perches on my chest and will run after the girls if thy come into the room. The girls have become "situationally aware" at all times. They have accepted her and even sit together on special occasions where they get a treat of canned tuna.

I am still, as my wife calls it, her security blanket. When I leave for work in the morning she wanders around crying. When she hears me come home from work she comes down and starts screaming to me. If it is nap time, she ambles quickly up the stairs ahead of me and waits for me to get in my recliner. She is a 5:30AM alarm clock because that is when food is expected to be delivered. She is for all intents and purposes a young cat full of energy and without a doubt the best thing that happened to us last year.

She is growing very well and has a wonderful character about her. Still skittish but comes around when people visit.

Attachment 276081
    Thanks for the update and I'm sorry you feel like you need to distance from the site.

I've enjoyed this thread. Wife and I are cat people, can't even imagine life without at least one. Seems like everything on this board is doom and gloom lately, it was nice to have something like this for a while.

Boolit Grand Master

Thanks for the update! Its good to hear that Kitty is doing well. Sorry that you feel the need to distance yourself from us. Hope you and yours are doing well.

Boolit Master
    Glad to hear that Miss Mittens is doing well,and the other two have adapted well.
    My Snowball follows me around like a little puppy dog.He still misses his little buddy Morris.I do too.Good to see an update.
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo
    People never lie so much as after a hunt,during a war,or before an election.
    Otto von Bismarck

Moderator Emeritus

Oreo does the yowl thing, I can tell he is looking for me and all I have to do is say "I am in here Oreo" and he comes running. He is usually in whatever room I am in so he can see me... he was abandoned 3 times so is a bit needy...

Rescue pets are the best; I hate that they had to go through trauma to be rescued, and love the way they know we humans are the best thing since sliced meats! My older kitty reads me the riot act if I leave here and am not back within 24 hours.

bakerjw, it is good to see you back, and great to hear Mittens updates,

Boolit Master
    I had to euthanize my 14 yr old calico this AM. She had developed heart failure and was going to suffer. Heart broken.
    QUIS CUSTODIET IPSOS CUSTODES?

My sympathies, that's always really tough to lose a furkid, jdfoxinc, we can never replace those furry hooligans we love, just spoil them while we have them, and cherish their memories after they pass.

Boolit Master
    @jdfoxinc Hate to hear about putting your girl down.

Nothing to report other than we have a very active and spoiled rotten young cat on our hands who is a joy to all.
    I did give Mittens her own folder on our image gallery. I need to upload new pictures that I have.
    http://www.bakerjw.org/PhotoGallery/...?/category/967
    “Coincidence is God’s way of remaining anonymous.”

Boolit Master
    Thanks for the update. Glad to know that Mittens has become exactly what we all figured she'd be,, a spoiled member of the family.

Welcome to the "Used as a comfy pillow by my spoiled cat" club

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by bakerjw View Post
    @jdfoxinc Hate to hear about putting your girl down.

Nothing to report other than we have a very active and spoiled rotten young cat on our hands who is a joy to all.
    I did give Mittens her own folder on our image gallery. I need to upload new pictures that I have.
    http://www.bakerjw.org/PhotoGallery/...?/category/967
    Looks like Mittens has selected a human...

Boolit Grand Master

Its good to hear that Kitty is doing fine and is adjusting well. Loved the pictures!

Banned

The one who is probably my favorite at I've ever known (of many) and is sitting here on the desk as I type, is 14 in a month or so. Seems to be on good health for his age, though he's awfully skinny, always has been but seems more so now. I'm gonna be a mess when that time comes, he sleeps all night between me and my wife and would likely be fine being cuddled 24/7.

Boolit Master
    Guess who has taken over the house?
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo
    People never lie so much as after a hunt,during a war,or before an election.
    Otto von Bismarck

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567