Inline FabricationRepackboxReloading EverythingLoad Data
RotoMetals2Titan ReloadingSnyders JerkyWideners
MidSouth Shooters Supply Lee Precision
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Hissfest 2020 - Mittens update.

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance
    Thread can cut through kitty's innards, that would NOT be good. Glad you're taking good care of her My two say "Miaow!"

Boolit Master

I sure hope she’s ok. When I opened that last video, Molly, my calico, heard her meows & gave me the “don’t you dare bring home another cat ‘hairy eyeball’”

Boolit Master

Our attack kitten loves boxes and eats newspaper and green peppers. Green peppers seems odd to me, but she plays with them and then eats the better part of the one she plays with.

Boolit Master
    We keep boxes in the house for the girls. Our biggest cat, Libby, even gets into the cardboard recycling box. It is not unusual to see the box, and it is big, shake a bit for us to know where Libby is.
    Still waiting for word from the vet.

Moderator Emeritus

I have waist length hair and Oliver loves to eat it... so if I brush my hair I have to make sure I sweep up the few that always break off or he eats it... and I know he doesn't digest it by what he leaves me in the cat box!

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance
    Friend's cell phone cover pic is of her cat in a box, we now call him "Boxcat". He's liking that box a lot

Banned

I've never known a cat yet that didn't love cardboard boxes. And plastic laundry baskets.

Boolit Master
    Well, Mittens had surgery yesterday afternoon. She finally had thrown up and there was blood in it so the vet was concerned. Her stomach was very red due to gastritis which was due to the medicine used to induce vomiting. The vet was unable to find the thread in her stomach or small intestine. They closed her up and gave her mineral oil to help things move along better and are hoping that she will pass the string last night or today.
    Predators have short intestinal tracts so what goes in comes out much faster than with omnivores and herbivores.
    Our poor little girl has had a very rough go of it in her first year.
    I hate to think of how hard it will be to keep her down for a week or so after this surgery.

Banned
    Some years ago I had a Siamese that ate a shoe lace. The first evidence of it was it beginning to pass. I pulled it out, all intact, much to her displeasure and she never tried that stunt again.

Boolit Master
    Mittens is truly trying to use up a few of her 9 lives.
    Keep us posted.
    She's a scrapper,, and hopefully will bounce back soon.

Boolit Master
    As of last night, she had not eaten since we brought her home on Saturday. I woke up around 2:00 and couldn't sleep and checked on her in the small room where she is being kept quiet. Rather than laying in her bed, she was up and around and quite mouthy with her "I'm hungry. Now." meow. I opened a new pack of wet food and went in to see her and she was again starved for attention. She ate a bit and I got her nestled back in her bed and went off to try to get back to sleep myself.
    This morning, before work, we fed her more food and she ate a portion of it. We figure that there were a compbination of factors leading to her loss of appetite but they seem to have lessened.
    In a week or so, we'll likely have our "Assassin" cat running loose again.
    “Coincidence is God’s way of remaining anonymous.”

Boolit Master
    So glad to hear she is doing well, have to say I was worried about her. Seems she might be a bit accident prone !
    “You don’t practice until you get it right. You practice until you can’t get it wrong.” Jason Elam, All-Pro kicker, Denver Broncos

Boolit Master

I’ve been worried about her too, please keep us posted!

Boolit Master
    The pain pills that they gave us really knock her into the dirt. She is content to lay there, purr and be petted.
    But those are all gone and this morning when I went in to feed her had me rushing to block the escape into the basement. Mind you she's been in the upstairs bathroom of the house.
    But her spirits seemed good this morning and she did eat a bit. I will not say that she is out of the woods until she is eating and using the litter box regularly. But seeing her eat is a good sign IMHO.
    I suspect that she'll be back to the vet for an overprotective parent reassurance visit. As bad as 2020 has been all around, losing this little one would hurt very badly. Thanks for all of the well wishes.

Boolit Grand Master

So glad to hear that She is up and about.

Boolit Master
    The things that our little fur buddies will consume is crazy.Wishing Mittens the best.
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo
    People never lie so much as after a hunt,during a war,or before an election.
    Otto von Bismarck

Boolit Master
    And how is the little girl doing now?

Boolit Master
    She is really up and about now even though she is in a small isolated room. It is best for her to not have too many distractions and to keep quiet.
    Still no string to be found in the litter box.

Last night she was being very vocal about the lack of wet food when we went in to feed her. She ate all of the food. When I was up at 1:00AM, she was at my feet demanding more food so I gave her a single serving which she ate heartily.

This morning, I found where had thrown up almost all of the food from last night which is not a good sign. We are going to see if she can keep it down and if she continues going in the litter box. I have let the vet know and she might have me bring her in for soft tissue x-rays. They can compare before and after to see if there is any twisting of the intestine. I certainly hope not as this poor little loving creature has been through so much in her short life.

I will bring our St Francis statue into the recovery room. Patron saint of animals and all.

Boolit Master
    Well... The little girl has been eating very well and using her litter box. She even played with a little mouse toy tonight when we spent time with her. and, she left a present in the litter box sans string upon initial inspection.

Much of our house is unfinished. It is an ongoing process but it is ours 100% free and clear. We have her in the upstairs bathroom which is right over our office. We have a large whirlpool tub in there and the drain trap has a long oval hole cut into the floor. She sits up there and peeks down at us and makes her "eke eke" sound. She just loves human company.

So. No puking today.
    She is pooping.
    All seems normal for now.

Tomorrow, she will be released back into the house for a bit. Nights are still in kitty Guantanamo Bay though.

Boolit Master
    Lets see.How does that song go?Ohhhhhhhhhh yeah."***** cat,***** cat I love you yes I do".
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo
    People never lie so much as after a hunt,during a war,or before an election.
    Otto von Bismarck

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast