Snyders JerkyWidenersLoad DataMidSouth Shooters Supply
Reloading EverythingInline FabricationRotoMetals2Titan Reloading
Lee Precision Repackbox
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Hissfest 2020 - Mittens update.

Boolit Master

Just curious to see how Mittens is doing?

Boolit Master
    Mittens seems to be doing very well. No sign of any string yet which is a little concerning.

Our oldest son got married yesterday and everyone came over to our house after the reception. Things wound down around 2:00 AM and we are beat. But our little bundle of energy decided to be unusually vocal this morning. She might be in discomfort but it is hard to tell. One thing for sure, people being in bed when it is light out is a perfect time to get petting and affection. Or so she thinks.

With many people in the house, she was eager to see everyone and interact with them which is pleasing to us. I personally don't care for cats that run when people come into the house. She is not one of those though.

We finally got her settled down enough to get her into the quiet room (thank you laser) so we could get some errands finished.

The hissfest started anew but is abating slowly.
    “Coincidence is God’s way of remaining anonymous.”

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance
    One of mine, if she eats too much at one sitting, will puke it back up - quite reliably. Solution is a slow feeder i.e. serve her 1/2of the food now and 1/2 of it in 15min or so, so she doesn't try to inhale it all. (They do make slow feeders, for dry food basically a rock in the middle of the food dish is a rough equivalent.)

Hopefully it was just that Mittens was really hungry and over ate.

I feed mine in a small stainless dish, 4 servings a day (she's good at reminding me to refill it LOL) but smaller servings, works very well.

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance
    Oh, on cats who run, one of mine did that; I had everyone who visited serve her some cat treats and pretty soon it was "Yay a visitor!" instead of "Aieee a stranger, run!" - Do not run out of treats tho

Moderator Emeritus

She may have digested enough of the string that is wasn't recognizable when it came out...

Boolit Master

Any update on Mittens?

Boolit Master
    So how is the little Mittens doing now???
    Things back to a form of "normal?"

Boolit Master
    I've been meaning to get a picture up here of the tiny fur ball of terror. Getting her to sit still is the problem as she goes and goes and goes.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20201018_105329258.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	26.1 KB 
ID:	269659

We never did find any string so the assumption is that she passed it without any issues.
    The girls have not adjusted too well and are going through the hissing again. They get scolded when they do and run off, usually with Mittens running along after them.
    We had her in a quiet room for a week and afterwards at night so she wouldn't create too much havoc while we tried to sleep. Last night we let her have free reign and it went quite well as she found places to quietly lie while the humans slept.
    She is all healed up, again, and back to being a small cat. She's had a lot of issues in her short life and will likely not grow to be much larger. It is heartening to know that people are still interested in her well being.
    Thanks

Banned

She's a cutie.

Boolit Master
    Yep... Right before she uses my leg as a ladder to climb into my lap... Which she does often. Try to pick her up and it's off to the other room.

Boolit Master
    So glad she’s back to kitten-normal ! Definitely adorable, pointy parts aside.
    “You don’t practice until you get it right. You practice until you can’t get it wrong.” Jason Elam, All-Pro kicker, Denver Broncos

Moderator Emeritus

Keep up the updates, love to see them grow into a loving little furball!

Boolit Master

Yes! Makes me smile!

Quote Originally Posted by MaryB View Post
    Keep up the updates, love to see them grow into a loving little furball!

Boolit Grand Master

Its good to hear that She is healing up ok. Please keep us informed.

Boolit Master
    Just wondering how Mittens handled Christmas?
    There is no problem so great, that it cannot be solved by the proper application of high explosives.

Boolit Master

Bakerjw hasn’t been on here since October, hope everything’s all right & hope Mittens is well.

Boolit Master
    Due to reasons into which I will not go into detail, I stopped coming to CB. I know that a number of people followed this thread so I dropped in to give an update.

There is no more hissing in the house and Mittens has unleashed a reign of what we call "Tiny Tripod Terror" on our other girls. She is still a kitten at heart and chases Libby and Lilly Bug regularly. When I go to bed at night to read, she perches on my chest and will run after the girls if thy come into the room. The girls have become "situationally aware" at all times. They have accepted her and even sit together on special occasions where they get a treat of canned tuna.

I am still, as my wife calls it, her security blanket. When I leave for work in the morning she wanders around crying. When she hears me come home from work she comes down and starts screaming to me. If it is nap time, she ambles quickly up the stairs ahead of me and waits for me to get in my recliner. She is a 5:30AM alarm clock because that is when food is expected to be delivered. She is for all intents and purposes a young cat full of energy and without a doubt the best thing that happened to us last year.

She is growing very well and has a wonderful character about her. Still skittish but comes around when people visit.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20201230.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	30.3 KB 
ID:	276081

Boolit Master
    Thank you for the update. Good to hear that she is doing well and things are reaching a balance.
    There is no problem so great, that it cannot be solved by the proper application of high explosives.

Boolit Master
    Yes, thanks for the update, so glad everyone has adapted. Hope all is well with you and yours.
    “You don’t practice until you get it right. You practice until you can’t get it wrong.” Jason Elam, All-Pro kicker, Denver Broncos

Boolit Master
    im glad mittens is well.
    when the mercury dropped to about 8 degrees a few weeks ago I started letting my rat catchers inside. and my big tom cat does that crying thing for no good reason that I understand. I guess its just a cat thing. I live them a bowl of kibble and some milk or half an half and even got some kitty litter to put in an old wash tub for them.
    funny thing is they now go out during the day and come back fatter than ever and only touch the kibble every now and then. I guess they got the field mouse and rat population under good control. but the big tom still wanders the hallways and has this howling type of vocalizations

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast