Reloading EverythingRepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad Data
Inline FabricationTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2Wideners
Snyders Jerky Lee Precision
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Hissfest 2020 - Mittens update.

Boolit Master
    While it took several minutes to download the video on my slow server,, it was well worth it. Loved watching her RUN,, after that mouse. Made my day. She's well on her way to as good a recovery as possible. Once again,, you have my respect for saving such a sweet soul.

Boolit Master

My wife and I REALLY enjoyed that video this morning, we can't wait for our daughter to see it, thanks for posting that one.
    Statistics show that criminals commit fewer crimes after they have been shot

Boolit Master
    rking22 references their tuxedo kitty chirping. Mittens also peeps all the time. Usually it sounds like "eek eek", so half the time I call her peeper. She is so full of energy and goes over the top on affection. My wife says that I am "Smitten with Mittens." but in truth the same can be said about her.
    Glad you all enjoyed it. Sorry for the size of the file.

Banned
    Mittens is so cute. It was great to see her running and jumping in the video. This mittens thread has brought a lot of smiles to many of us at a time when we need it.

Just to stay on track, this is Pilgrem wanting to help me reload some 30-06

Ken

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200905_083655.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	55.7 KB 
ID:	268106

Moderator Emeritus

Oreo my Tuxedo is like that in bed, soon as I wake up he is head butting me to get petted.

Oliver my Bengal does the chirps and churrs thing. I have only heard him actually meow once. He has a huge vocabulary but none of it is a meow.

Boolit Master
    Murf is our tux, frequently sounds like he’s saying his name! He has an extensive vocabulary as well, meow is rarely used and very distinctive when it is. Strangle, his purr is the most minimal we have ever known. All but our oldest are vocal and have their own preferred vocabulary, probably because we talk to them all the time. Stevie even has a silent meow to go with her chirps.
    That video is adorable, so glad she is healing and having a great life. Thanks for being such caring and kind folk, she will reward you with love many times over.
    “You don’t practice until you get it right. You practice until you can’t get it wrong.” Jason Elam, All-Pro kicker, Denver Broncos

Boolit Master
    Just a quick update on "Mittens the Assassin."

She likes to lie in wait, lurking under and behind things waiting for the girls, Libby and Lilly Bug, to walk by before jumping out to attack their backside. The girls, as expected, do not see the humor in being attacked and usually run off to the upstairs or the basement.

The "Assassin" also has it in for us every morning demanding morning food for safe passage. As my wife or I make my way through the kitchen to the office, we must tread carefully for the well placed darting leg attacks that are sure to be coming.

Things have settled down very well. Lilly Bug aka "Bug" or "Buggles" and Mittens will sniff noses now on occasion. Bug sometimes gets a cantankerous attitude but we can stave that off with a distracting call of her name or patting of her head letting her know that she's being good.

Tuna time is also an interesting endeavor as all 3 cats will now sit together waiting to get tuna. When Mittens finishes her portion, which she always does first, she will then try to eat next to either girl regardless of hissing or pouting.

This last week, Mittens found the bedroom. Once she settles down, which can take hours if we don't wear her out before we retire for the evening, she will find a place between us or on a pillow where she stays put until it is "Assassin" time at the food bowl.

Boolit Master

Most of our cats were ferral kittens. My favorite is Marshmallow, or Mellow as I call her. She makes the funniest sounds, very seldom a conventional meow. She murps and peeps and purrs like mad. She to has a huge vocabulary. The odd thing about her, she is very strong and stout, but her tail is longer than she is and it is so strong and thick it hurts to have her hit you in the face with it.

She looks great in the video, well done my friend.

Boolit Master
    This latest update makes my day! Mittens has started asserting herself into the family in her own way. She's a determined little girl,, and is a scrapper. I love it! Feisty, and willing.

Boolit Grand Master

Great video! Its amazing how well she gets around. I'm really glad the other cats have accepted her.

It says a lot about how good of a person you are to have rescued her. She's a lucky girl! I was looking at your "go fund me" page and was surprised that it didn't get more response.

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance
    You have it right on wearing her out with play getting her less into play aggression, same thing will work well on the Assassin behavior. She's very high energy, seems, and her older siblings are more mellowed with age. A bit more play (rope or "The Dot") might reduce the issue, but the older cats can also thwap her to tell her "Knock it off, I'm not interested!" and get her to calm a bit or find other outlets for her play aggression.

My younger kitty had really bad "acting like prey" issues at first due to her circumstances when I first got her - Now she'll stand off the older kitty most of the time, slashing paws at her / Hissing / Growling, other times she just kind of shakes her head and 'says' "I'm leaving since you are being an annoying PEST!" and walks away (so long as it's not running away, that's prey behavior which will cause more aggression.)

She looks like a very happy kitty in a happy home

Boolit Master
    this morning, I got up before my wife. I was well guarded by the girls in the upstairs of the house, but the little one was waiting. Food was the price of passage.

http://www.bakerjw.org/Assassin%20Cat.mp4

Boolit Master

OMG, she is so vocal. Love the purr/meow. That is one happy cat.

Boolit Master
    And that happy little cat just ate a 14" thread that my wife dropped on the floor.
    Soo... Mittens gets to go to the vet and be sedated while they try to pull the string out of her stomach....

Boolit Master

OMG our cats do that all the time... It will come back, from one end or the other on it's own. At least ours always have.

Boolit Master
    It very well may; however, after what this year has provided us, I am not taking a chance. Dollars per pound, Mittens is worth more than many race horses.

Boolit Master
    Well, they gave her something to make her throw up. I told them I could have just fed her and left her under my chair in the office. FWIW... I put my foot into cold cat puke this morning compliments of the "Assassin".
    So, she is in the kitty hospital tonight and they will check on her and take x-rays in the morning to see how her intestines are behaving or not. She might pass it or not which would then require surgery.
    FWIW... I am very PO'd at someone right now and they know it.

Boolit Master
    Know what you mean about the cold cat puke, I rarely turn on the lights in the morning. Nothing like a soggy hair ball between your toes to wake you up! Hope she passes it , another surgery would not be fun. Seems we spoil our furrbabies, my wife left the TV on so they could watch Wild Wild West while she was gone. She must know something because 3 of them were on the couch facing the TV!
    “You don’t practice until you get it right. You practice until you can’t get it wrong.” Jason Elam, All-Pro kicker, Denver Broncos

Boolit Master
    Well, she sure is a handful now. Eating things like that,, can cause issues. I have to watch my terrorist cat as she loves to eat tape/glue. She'll go after any shipping box with a label or tape on it.
    Another one used to eat rubber bands. ALWAYS on the look out for such behavior.

Boolit Master
    Our old cat Louise had a paper fetish.She would eat rolls of toilet paper. Well, until I put a stack of aluminum cans on them.
    She'd also get q-tips out of the garbage to play with as toys. We knew because she stored them in her food dish when done.
    Hope they call this morning with good news.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast