Titan ReloadingLoad DataRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters Supply
Inline FabricationSnyders JerkyLee PrecisionWideners
Repackbox Reloading Everything
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: monster press

Boolit Master

even at 250 its a steal, if you dont want it pm me the store info, I could use a fourth one.
    if you are ever being chased by a taxidermist, don't play dead

Boolit Master
    my only loyalty to green is the green dollar dont get me wrong about this press, I am just one of those people who tend to b a little rough with stuff ( I could break an anvil) at least thats what my dear old father would say when something was destryed at my hand, so I just have always opined that robust counts I'm sure all the other presses you mention are very good I just have never had the reason or chance to try them I guess it the old story toemato or tomaato still the same. I would bet that painting known press a different colour would certainly lift more than just a few eyebrows tho it might be worth it just for the entertainment value!! LOL

Banned
    A few years ago I mentioned that I was not fond of those blue press's from Arizona. I thought I was going to get tarred and feathered then run out of town on a rail for just expressing my thoughts.

Red presses from Wisconsin and blue presses from Arizona are looked upon with higher regard than any other brand. Don't disparage them.

Boolit Master

I'm not racist, dont really care about the outer color. my bench has red, blue, black, orange and green. the ones that do the job the best get used the most.
    if you are ever being chased by a taxidermist, don't play dead

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by rancher1913 View Post
    I'm not racist, dont really care about the outer color. my bench has red, blue, black, orange and green. the ones that do the job the best get used the most.
    your bench colours sounds like the fingers of both my hands by friday at five just about every colour the eye can see.

120 miles North of Texarkana 9 miles from OK in the green hell
    I bought one a while back it was THE ticket for turning a few lost 300 WM into 264 .
    The 3 fingered universal didn't have enough grip for 6.8 and 32 Rem and wasn't big enough to go take 45-70 .
    I was after a fashion able to get a universal shell holder adapter from Illinois coyote hunter here . Yes it's probably completely overkill for 99% of my loading but it's a lot easier on my wrecked wrist for any amount of FL sizing 308 and up .

I have an RC , RCII, Big Max , and Partner on the bench . I have Pacific Deluxe , a couple of Lymans and a Hornady red Pacific cast Hornady 008 . From time to time they all have a place and I run them some I expect I'll get the kids set up with at least part of them .
    In the time of darkest defeat,our victory may be nearest. Wm. McKinley.

I was young and stupid then I'm older now. Me 1992 .

Richard Lee Hart 6/29/39-7/25/18

Without trial we cannot learn and grow . It is through our stuggles that we become stronger .
    Brother I'm going to be Pythagerus , DiVinci , and Atlas all rolled into one soon .

Boolit Grand Master
    If you're only going to have one press on your bench (heaven forbid!) make sure it's heavy enough to take care of the biggest job you have planned for it then add a little margin for safety!

Froggie
    "It aint easy being green!"

Boolit Master
    I had one years back. Good strong Press. I found the weakest point of the press is the standard 2 hole RCBS mount. But otherwise it is a Good strong press
    NRA Endowment Member
    International Ammunition Association
    New York, the Empire State Where Empires were Won and Lost

Banned
    When I built my new bench it had to fit a very specific location, thus it's small. I have a 1st generation Rockchucker on there now as I think they are the best of the best. And, no I am not opinionated.

But, everytime I walk by the Big Max I think about switching it out with the RC, just to get a better feel for it. It's cold and snowing for two weeks here, long winter ahead and that swap may just happen.
    Ken

Banned
    I did it, it's big and the quarter turned upper frame is not as convenient as the RC. I am going to size some 30 Gov. 1906 case's and then decide if I like it in this application.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PSX_20201025_143849.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	80.0 KB 
ID:	270161

Banned
    Yep, I like it. The longer handle and improved linkage really increases the amount of force applied. The 30 Gov cases sized like 44 magnum. The longer handle throw would feel better if I mounted the press on a 3 or 4 inch riser.
    I have the Micky Mouse primer catcher that doesn't work. So I need to configure a small container to catch primers falling out the bottom of the ram.
    The next test may happen late next week, after the snow stops and it warms up. Full length resizing 7 5 Swiss brass fired in the K31 put a strain on the RC. I am anxious to try it on the Max.

Boolit Grand Master
    “... after the snow stops?” I guess it will make you feel bad, but we’re scheduled to hit the mid seventies today in CenVA. I hope it will stay cool enough to do some casting!

Froggie

Boolit Grand Master
    BTW, I just took the time to take a really good look at the picture of your bench, and I like it. In fact, I like it a lot. I see a few favorite toys including the Herter’s bench micrometer and the Lachmiller bench priming tool. Do you have all three anvils for the Herter’s tool? (Mine only came with one )

That looks like a little UniMat on the shelf underneath. I bet that gets a workout when you’re having to make or adapt parts and accessories!

Regards,
    the Phrog

Boolit Master
    that a very clean (organized/laid out ) bench you've got wish mine was. Angleing the press was a good idea never would have thought of it, yea these big presses are a little cumbersome but I really like them and I have room for it so to each their own I'm sure you'll like it.

Banned
    The back story is, my reloading bench is behind me, but it has become a work bench and I can no longer find the top. The easiest solution seemed to build a new bench. It's small so I have to keep it clean and neat.

Mr. Frog Person, you are correct, mostly, about the Unimat. The one you see has the milling attachment, in the big wood box is another set up as a lathe. I got it years ago in a deal with the esteemed Doug Elliot. And behind me is a nice, 1946 vintage South Bend lathe. It needs a new motor to get back in operation.

Actually I have three of the Herter's case tools, I wanted all three anvils and I had to buy three tools to get the three anvils. The same applies to my first Belding & Mull tool, I bought three to get one set of dies. Collecting old tools is fun. However, I have no idea why I have 16 Redheads.

Ken

Boolit Master

"I have no idea why I have 16 Redheads."

Ask Wilco.
    Micah 6:8
    He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?

"I don't have hobbies - I'm developing a robust post-apocalyptic skill set"
    I may be discharged and retired but I'm sure I did not renounce the oath that I solemnly swore!

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Pressman View Post
    However, I have no idea why I have 16 Redheads. Ken
    Could it be because you prefer them to Blondes??

I started putting together a little mini bench with a B&D Workmate. I got as far as clamping an inherited MEC 600 Jr onto it (mounted on a plywood sheet) But have yet to find a place in the mess where I can set it up even semi-routinely. I still want to make one of the interchangeable tops I’ve shown here several times and mount either a TruLine Jr or a small C-press (maybe my Comet??) along with a powder measure (Ideal #5m?) and maybe even one of my Ideal #1 Lubri-Sizers. So many projects, so little ambition!

Froggie

I load my precision .308's on the Big Max, it's the only single stage press I own. I leave everything else to the Dillon presses.

The standard shell holder adapter is RARE, if it has one that alone is worth upwards of $100. The claw three jaw universal shell holder had the springs going slack years and will no longer hold a case enough to get it out of the sizing die.
    Regards,

Gary

Boolit Man
    I have one I bought for less than $50 at a gunshow. No Handle at all so I made a straight normal type. It is Heavy Duty but I like it a lot. Everything I do with it seems easy!!!. It uses conventional shellholders and dies in the insert that came with it. You can buy it from my estate sale.

Boolit Bub
    Seems like a great tool for sizing 30.06 Garand HXP brass.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast