Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingInline FabricationReloading Everything
Snyders JerkyWidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackbox
Load Data RotoMetals2
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: A Mini-14 Discussion

I agree completely that it is overscoped. Personally I prefer a fixed 4x on my short range rifles that are scoped; peep sights on the ones that aren’t. People that use their rifle scope for binoculars need a gun safety course BADLY.
    Congratulation on your Mini 30, DG! Easy carry and quick handling, oughta be fun.

Quote Originally Posted by cupajoe View Post
    DG, you might consider the M1 Carbine rear sight from Accuracy Systems. I have them on my Mini 14 and Mini 30. Sturdy, Easily adjustable and out of the way enough to mount a scope if desired.
    Another good idea. Thanks. I have several carbines and do like their sights. I'll look into your suggestion about mounting one on my Mini-30. Too bad they don't come in stainless, but maybe a silver back sight isn't such a good idea? Anyway, the thought comes to mind-- how well do they work with the issue Ruger front sights? What type of front sights do you have, the original streamlined blade or the sort-of M1 Carbine front sight of the current models? On the last several hunting rifles I made over past years I used peep sights with the Brownell's or Lyman Twilight Aperture. The gold ring around the peep really draws your eye to the sight.

DG

Groo here
    Got a Tactical in 300blk.
    Mounted a 2 1/2 power on ruger rings.
    Plan to put a linear break on to replace the "birdcage"
    On the old ones I am told a 1911 buffer [like the blue wilsons] on each end of the op rod does wonders.
    and the barrel brace on the "thin" barrels is the bomb...
    Ps Put my name in on a "new " ruger folder stock [like the ac556 and cop guns]

Boolit Buddy
    Both of mine are the older blade front sights. The only mod I did was to file a small notch on the rear top for a dab of orange paint. Works great.

Good to know, cupajoe. I'll file that information away in my overstuffed mental file cabinet!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345