RotoMetals2Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingRepackbox
MidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersLoad DataReloading Everything
Snyders Jerky Inline Fabrication

Thread: Price check aisle shiloh

Boolit Master

Price check aisle shiloh

Any idea what would be a good offer on a shiloh sharps Hartford model in .40-65 its got a few dings and stickers on the stock and no rear sights but the metal and bore are fine. It was a. 40-70 but went back to Shiloh and got rebarreled going by the pictures I can't tell if the new barrel has a Hartford ring or not. I'm thinking 1500.00 to 1800.00 depending on how it looks in person.

Boolit Master
    I have seen some lately, as you describe because the seller kept some expensive sights when sold, go from $1400-1800, so you are in the ball park, but I would start at $1400, you can always go up if needed.

Boolit Master
    Given the wait time @ Shiloh if you like it ,BUY IT they don"t make many anymore and given the state of affairs concerning guns it is a sellers market !/Ed

Boolit Master
    I'm not worried about wait times or sellers markets if I don't get this one I plan on ordering a number 3 or a saddle rifle from Shiloh. I want to be fair to the seller but I'm not one of those guys who's gonna pay new retail for a well used but well cared for rifle. I told him I was looking for Shiloh's in .40-65 and .50-70 with a 30" barrel and he told me about the .40 he doesn't want any more and to make him an offer. So here we are. I hope I do like the looks of it be cause it will fit in with my others.

Boolit Buddy
    It depends on upgrades to the standard model. Does it have semi or fancy wood, plastic or steel butt plate, single or double triggers, pewter tip, checkered, etc.? All these things add value. Check it out well and make an offer. You may need to negotiate based on the owner's response.

I'm not sure I'd classify dings and stickers on the stock as "well cared for" myself. The stickers can likely be removed, and hopefully the surface underneath isn't discolored by them? But I do agree on your price range of $1500 on the low end. Without seeing pictures, I can't say $1800 is the high end,but if it came with good sights that would be a bargain on the high end.

Boolit Master
    I haven't had it in my hands yet but it's a standard grade Hartford model with the ebony pistol grip option. What I can't tell from the pictures is does the new barrel have a Hartford ring on it. As far as the wood condition I'm a woodworker so I think I can deal with it if it's minor and if it's more work than I want to get into it will either be a pass or a rainy day shooter.