Reloading EverythingLee PrecisionInline FabricationRepackbox
Load DataRotoMetals2WidenersMidSouth Shooters Supply
Snyders Jerky Titan Reloading
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wildfire season your area

Wildfire season your area

Seen em a whole lot worse than this here dont know about other places. Kinda funny when nazis burn stuff down the news ignores it but when natural fires catch its global warming and everyone needs to give up automobiles and beef burgers
    Last edited by Ozark mike; 09-12-2020 at 03:47 AM.
    Those who would trade freedom for safety deserves neither and will lose both

Boolit Buddy

Lot of fires currently in California. My area of SoCal has been covered in smoke for a week. Couldn’t go to the shooting range last Friday because of the Lake fire. https://www.fire.ca.gov/incidents
    “If we lose freedom here, there is no place to escape to. This is the last stand on earth.” - Ronald Reagan

It's almost a surprise to see there something left to burn out west.
    In school: We learn lessons, and are given tests.
    In life: We are given tests, and learn lessons.

OK People. Enough of this idle chit-chat.
    This ain't your Grandma's sewing circle.
    EVERYONE!
    Back to your oars. The Captain wants to waterski.

I’m out west, it’s raining ash at my home as I type. We have been evacuated 3 times in the last 3 years. It’s wearing on me and my family. There is plenty to burn out west, it’s a big state full of hard working people. Not all of us wear flip flops and surf. I80 is shut down, it’s a major artery.

Boolit Grand Master

Im in the black swamp area, its illegal to burn with out a township issued permit and if anyone complains the fire dept comes and puts it out

Seriously now My heart goes out to those fighting the fires and those affected by them.

Boolit Master
    northwestern ontario is still red in the hazard indicator for forest fire just finished one north of us had to evac the town and all out laying hamlets rnly road in and out was closed due to fire crossing a lot of the people had to airlift out most got out with only what they had on thier person as they could'nt return to homes so they came straight off job sites and work places. We opened up our place to a family at 2am they coulnt get a room anywhere as a lot had phoned ahead and booked all the local motels. About 5000 were displaced for about a week.

Boolit Grand Master
    Raining ash here too, from the fire near Grand Junction, CO. Looks like its going to be the biggest fire in state history, probably by tomorrow. Plenty of others in the state too. Pic from just a little while ago. Interstate 70 has been shut down for about a week, from a fire just East of Glenwood Springs, CO
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0018.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	32.1 KB 
ID:	266511

We have 3 cookers going right now. The most disruptive is the Canyon Fire, it has I-70 closed from Dotsero to Glenwood Springs this means if your rig is over 35 ft you go 203 miles via Craig/Steamboat to get to Rifle from Wolcott (normaly about 67 miles).
    Steve,

Life Member NRA
    Colorado Rifle Club member
    Rocky Mtn Gun Owners member
    NAGR member

Always fires here in Idaho in the summer. A mix of clouds and smoke here today. At least it's knocking 10-15 degrees o0f the temp. Gp

Vendor Sponsor

Yup. And the Rifle, Colorado fish hatchery (trout) is being threatened. Glenwood Springs and the Roaring Fork valley has had its share of big fires in the last 20 plus or so years. One huge fire in the Roaring Fork started at the small rifle range above Basalt by tracer ammo (banned there). The Storm King on the 4th of July fire took some brave lives. They are remembered here for their service.
    It has been tough in the west lately.
    I wish it would rain soon!
    Chill Wills

Hear! Hear! On the rain.
    Steve,

Life Member NRA
    Colorado Rifle Club member
    Rocky Mtn Gun Owners member
    NAGR member

Boolit Master
    This was the sunset yesterday. Most of the smoke is from Santa Cruz. We have 3 other fires closer, 0 containment on Carmel and Dolan Fires, 7% on the River Fire. The slight red glow about even with the top of the tree is the ocean reflecting the sun. Sunset was about 5:30 as it disappeared into the smoke.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails fire20-01.jpg  
    Mal

Mal Paso means Bad Pass, just so you know.

Jus seen a smoke map looks like some of em are getting big out in crazyfornia. Were getting smoke here i think its comming up from the bob Marshall but not sure
    Those who would trade freedom for safety deserves neither and will lose both

Boolit Master

It's been a mild fire season in my area so far, mostly due to summer taking so long to get here. I'm used to extremely poor air quality this time each year due to massive wildfires and harvest in full swing. Last year, we actually shut down our manufacturing facility due to air quality affecting employees and electrical components.

Hasn't been bad at all so far this year.

My sister is 300 miles south in Twin Falls, Idaho area and said the air quality is horrible.

My company has an office in Vacaville, CA, so when I return to work tonight I will be tasked with getting up to speed on the massive fires in that area and keeping employees informed on the latest evacuations and hazards.
    "Luck don't live out here. Wolves don't kill the unlucky deer; they kill the weak ones..." Jeremy Renner in Wind River

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Idaho45guy View Post
    I'm used to extremely poor air quality this time each year due to massive wildfires and harvest in full swing. ds.
    The air quality index runs from 1 - 300 for differing levels of pollutants in the air, in segments of 50 from good to very unhealthy from 250-300. Anything above 300 is considered Hazardous. I am in the Central Valley of California. The forecast AQI for this coming Saturday is 721 and Sunday is 913. If I have to do anything outside this weekend I will have to use one of my two remaining N95 masks.

My wife and I thought of going to the coast for the weekend to get away from it for a few days, but everything is either booked or at scalper prices.

Custom Cast Boolits Google Search

The Learning Never Stops!

Boolit Master
    I just checked the National Interagency Fire Center's website and got some interesting wildfire information about acreage burned nationally as of this date. The ten year average for this date (Aug. 21) is about 4.9 million acres. This year as of today it is 2.9 million acres nationally and the lowest in five years. This is not to minimize the terrible fires in California and the horrible air quality caused by them. One surprise is how few active fires are burning in Nevada.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by quilbilly View Post
    I just checked the National Interagency Fire Center's website and got some interesting wildfire information about acreage burned nationally as of this date. The ten year average for this date (Aug. 21) is about 4.9 million acres. This year as of today it is 2.9 million acres nationally and the lowest in five years. This is not to minimize the terrible fires in California and the horrible air quality caused by them. One surprise is how few active fires are burning in Nevada.
    Yet the media will intentionally lie and claim it is all due to Donald Trump and climate change and act like the end of the world is here.
    "Luck don't live out here. Wolves don't kill the unlucky deer; they kill the weak ones..." Jeremy Renner in Wind River

Boolit Master
    Log it, graze it or BURN IT!

Three44s
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret4207

“There is more to this than dumping lead in a hole.”

I live in Santa Clara County in California and we are surronded by fires. I am lucky in that there are none close to me and all I have to worry about is my trhoat and eyes being bothered by the smoke. It is a mess in Eastern Santa Clara Count and also Santa Cruz County which are the two counties closest to me. I am afraid that the fire will really not be over until the rainy season starts. I hope I am wrong though.

Boolit Master

Interesting map of air quality in the US...

https://gispub.epa.gov/airnow/

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast