Inline FabricationRepackboxWidenersMidSouth Shooters Supply
Titan ReloadingSnyders JerkyReloading EverythingLee Precision
Load Data RotoMetals2

Thread: White Label BAC

Boolit Grand Master

White Label BAC

BAC has been my go to lube for 10 years now.
    I have Carnauba Red, 2500, and 50/50.
    What do the users of White Label use?? What applications?? Different ambient shooting temperature??
    What velocities, Rifle, Pistol, Both??

SHiloh
    Je suis Charlie

"A society of sheep must in time beget a government of wolves."
    Bertrand de Jouvenel

“Any government that does not trust its citizens with firearms is either a tyranny, or planning to become one.” – Joseph P. Martino

“If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert , in five years there would be a shortage of sand.” – Milton Friedman

"Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns; why should we let them have ideas?" - J. Stalin

I use Carnauba Red on everything; havent ran into any problems so far

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by OutHuntn84 View Post
    I use Carnauba Red on everything; havent ran into any problems so far
    Same here with BAC. 750-1825fps. I'm conflicted to try any other WL lube.

SHiloh
    Je suis Charlie

Bertrand de Jouvenel

“Any government that does not trust its citizens with firearms is either a tyranny, or planning to become one.” – Joseph P. Martino

“If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert , in five years there would be a shortage of sand.” – Milton Friedman

"Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns; why should we let them have ideas?" - J. Stalin

Boolit Master
    I was (and still am) totally pleased with 2500+ for all pistol and rifle loads. I started to PC because of the smoke and I realise that powder is partly to blame. How smokey are the other WL lubes?

Boolit Grand Master

I use 2500+ predominantly for everything. But a Star is filled w/ CR. I also use CB. They all work very well. CB doesn’t smoke like 2500+ but it’s not like that smokes much to begin w/. If I had to pick one it would be 2500+.

Boolit Master
    Carnuba Red for everything.......9 mm to 338 Winchester Magnum and everything in between. Both the Star and the LAM filled with it.

Winelover

Boolit Master
    When I lube, it's now CB. I do have about 10 sticks of BAC in the shop refrigerator still and would use it if I hadn't tried CB. In the south I found BAC would get sticky (bullets sticking together) and CB doesn't. Honestly I didn't find any difference in accuracy and maybe BAC was a little smoky compared to CB, but they are both very good.

Banned
    I was using BAC for handgun loads but found it to be generally too hard. I switched to 50/50 and had much better results.

When dealing with 38 Special and 45 ACP, 50/50 is just a far better lube. I don't think the velocities are high enough to take advantage of harder consistency of BAC.

The drawback to 50/50 is that it can be a bit difficult to live with prior to loading the bullet in the case. So I don't recommend lubing bullets with 50/50 and then storing loose bullets for extended periods of time, particular in a hot environment.

Moderator Emeritus

Before I switched to SL68B, I used several lubes...two of them were White label's lubes, Carnuba Red and BAC.
    I used BAC for mild pistol loads and Carnuba Red for Magnum pistol loads.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Boolit Master
    I use BAC for everything but I am slowing switching over to his 45 45 10 tumble lube.

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by TCFAN View Post
    I use BAC for everything but I am slowing switching over to his 45 45 10 tumble lube.
    I use 40/45/10 on traditional lube groove boolits. No issues bast 1200 fps pistol boolits.\

SHiloh
    Je suis Charlie

Bertrand de Jouvenel

Boolit Buddy
    I use BAC in everything and it works for me. This reminds me I need to make a order..................Curdog

Had good results with CR and still have a couple sticks , I tried 2500+ last year and I think like it a little better . It works in everything 9mm to 7-08 , 22 Hornet included .
    Jesus said ( Come unto me, all ye that labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest ) Matt. 11:28

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by winelover View Post
    Carnuba Red for everything.......9 mm to 338 Winchester Magnum and everything in between. Both the Star and the LAM filled with it.

Winelover
    Same here

Boolit Master
    I've ran 50/50 of whatever brand forever.
    Finally got in 12 sticks of BAC the other day. Guess I'll find out........

Boolit Buddy
    I use Carnauba Red for my revolver bullets. I pan lube and it works nice in the summer here but the winter it is a bugger to cut the bullet out of the lube in my unheated shop.