Load DataInline FabricationRepackboxLee Precision
Titan ReloadingSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2Wideners
Reloading Everything MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: Need sizing ability for my 25cal

Need sizing ability for my 25cal

Looking at lee push through sizers and they don’t seem to offer .25”. I could maybe modify a .243” that they do offer, but what are some other trick ways to size down my pellets for my air rifle? They are coming out a little fat as cast, due to my strange alloy.

Hmm the new app seems to offer bushings like noe, and they have .251 and .249 but I think I really need .250. And noe offers a similar solution in .250. So that’s the answer I suppose. I knew these existed but I had forgotten lol. Not familiar with this system, have only used the older push through style lee.

Boolit Master

lee will custom make sizer's, as will several members on here.
    if you are ever being chased by a taxidermist, don't play dead

Boolit Master
    get a proper lube/sizer for now and the future, all die sizes are avail. and you can lube and size in the future.

Boolit Grand Master

Lee currently lists a .251" https://leeprecision.com/bullet-szr-punch-.251.html

You can also order a .250" custom here, but it takes a few weeks. https://leeprecision.com/custom-bullet-sizr-punch.html

Boolit Buddy
    I ordered a .257 from Lee some months back. They quoted me 6 weeks. I had it in 2, but the world was different back then.

Hmm after some measuring I might be better off with a 251 anyway. Well this project may warrant me picking up the new lee app press for this sizing task. Trying to get bismuth to run in my pellet rifle so it comes out the mold a lot bigger than lead does. Turns out while lead shrinks when cooled bismuth grows!
    Good to know about lee custom shop. Those guys just rock. I always forget they are a real company because they stay so affordable And large volume that I figureD they wouldn’t have time to answer phones but they do just like the other premium brands. In this age the reloading company sphere is more amazing than ever.
    Last edited by Drew P; 08-18-2020 at 12:34 AM.

Boolit Master
    Yep, 'in the old days' I ordered and got a Lee custom size die in 3 weeks.

Lee also has their new press and bushing type sizing system.

These days I have an NOE setup with bushings. One reason is I also nose size some of my rifle bullets. I do like the nose first push through dies for crimping gas checks.

If I were starting up I'd be tempted to get a Star sizer (Magma makes them now). I just never liked the way my old Lyman worked (sold it off many years ago).

I’m not interested in lubing, only sizing. For my powder guns I use coatings, and for pellet rifles they go bare.

Boolit Grand Master

The dies I linked are the new style bushings, there is no reason to buy their old style dies anymore. These bushings are 1/2 the price! They work exactly the same as their old dies, except you also need the body, or "kit" as they call it. https://leeprecision.com/bl-bullet-sizer-kit.html

Even if your press is not a Lee, they sell a 1 1/4" thread to breech lock adapter. https://leeprecision.com/1-1-4-12-bl-update-kit.html

Or you can buy the APP press if you want, it is a great press for sizing, and processing brass.

Boolit Master
    You didn't say what you are shooting but I have a Lee 258 sizer that sizes bolts that my 250 Sav just loves. Apparently they still make them but maybe not regularly since that sizer is still mentioned on their site.

Quote Originally Posted by quilbilly View Post
    You didn't say what you are shooting but I have a Lee 258 sizer that sizes bolts that my 250 Sav just loves. Apparently they still make them but maybe not regularly since that sizer is still mentioned on their site.
    For my pellet rifle and after further inspection I need to be in the .253” range

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by quilbilly View Post
    First post, he says it is an air rifle, presumably 25 caliber.

Boolit Master

I use a Lyman .251 lube size die. I think you are better off at .251 than .250.