MidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersReloading EverythingLee Precision
Load DataInline FabricationRepackboxTitan Reloading
RotoMetals2 Snyders Jerky
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Starbucks best coffee yet?

Boolit Master

I never really drank much coffee until I went in the Service. Learned to survive and even flourish on Mid-rats coffee.
    These days I drink STRONG 3/4 decaf, 1/4 leaded. That's all My Wife will let me get away with, HBP.
    And it's the cheapest sale stuff, 32oz a day.
    I don't give a darn, if it's strong enough I'll drink it.

"Float a horse shoe on top" Louis L'Amour

starbucks ? they can go to blazes. Never drink it, never will.
    I HATE auto-correct

Happiness is a Warm GUN & more ammo to shoot in it.

My Experience and My Opinion, are just that, Mine.

SASS #375 Life

I would say that Starbucks is OK-ish. It really depends which establishment you get to. An Americano is my go to when I get it sometimes. People go there a lot but i'm not a fan of their stuff.

However, I would have to say that McDonalds has really stepped up their game when it comes to McCafe. It's cheap, hot and pretty tasty.

Still, my preference is coffee from my own Grind and brew coffee maker. I use Medium Roast kirkland brand Coffee from Costco. Now THAT thing has certainly spoiled me.

Boolit Grand Master
    In the last 25 years, we had Starbucks once. Love field in Dallas Texas for a flight home. It was Starbucks or nothing.

Shiloh
    Je suis Charlie

"A society of sheep must in time beget a government of wolves."
    Bertrand de Jouvenel

“Any government that does not trust its citizens with firearms is either a tyranny, or planning to become one.” – Joseph P. Martino

“If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert , in five years there would be a shortage of sand.” – Milton Friedman

"Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns; why should we let them have ideas?" - J. Stalin

Boolit Master
    yeah I'm a coffee addict, in hospital id ask the nurse fore a big bottle on a hook and a line put right in the vein.
    if you can get a fresh bag of sello rojo and drink it within a few minutes off brewing, its one of the best there is. the trick is finding a fresh bag of it to brew unless you know someone flying in from Columbia.
    next to it, Sams club bulk bags of Columbia supremo is pretty darn good

Boolit Master
    I remember Starbucks coffee as having a burnt taste. I haven’t indulged in over 15 yrs. Their politics is not to my taste either.

Boolit Master
    Another brand of coffee that I like is 8 O`clock.An old A&P brand.Anyone remember that wonderful aroma in the old A&P stores?
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo
    People never lie so much as after a hunt,during a war,or before an election.
    Otto von Bismarck

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by woodbutcher View Post
    Another brand of coffee that I like is 8 O`clock.An old A&P brand.Anyone remember that wonderful aroma in the old A&P stores?
    Leo
    You can still get it, can't remember at the moment where, but I know I bought some for the office a few years ago.

I am a coffee addict, but generally, the Folgers or Maxwell house standard stuff is good enough for me. I brew it strong and drink it black. Like many others have mentioned, an Army career made me the coffee addict I am today. Seems rare to find a career Soldier who isn't badly addicted.

Boolit Buddy
    I live in the land of Coffee, near Seattle (hopefully not to much longer!!)

Only the new money angry soccer Mom’s consider starbucks to be good coffee. Any ine who actually has any taste buds considers it low rate at best.

I’ll take McDs coffee any day over $bucks. It’s Seattle best (brand name) coffee. Much better.

And having been to big Mr Bucks house, I dont feel bad not supporting his business. He’s doing fine.
    👍🏼

Boolit Buddy
    I have often wondered what makes starbucks so good. I think some people drink it as a social status thing. I am amazed when I pass by and the drive through it 10 cars deep. I think that the vast majority of those in line are not getting a cup of coffee, my bet is they are getting some kind of blended flavory and sugary drink. Me i am good with 7/11 coffee, or what ever I make at home.

STARBUCKS is for soccer moms and hippies

I prep the coffee maker every night before bed, set to go off at 0545am

NRA LIFE Member

USPSA/IPSC

Might be blasphemin here......but I never have liked coffee. The parents always had a pot on the stove, siblings too, but not me. And, even loaded up with lots of milk and sugar, it just wasn't my drink of choice.....I'd just as soon drink plain water. I will say that I used lots of it in my Army days. I always got a canteen cup full, but just to get my hands warmed up on a cold day. And those cold leftover bucketful's made a great bore cleaner for the howitzer barrels.
    NRA Benefactor

I'm not the SB type mostly because of the cost. Up till this year I would have a moca twice a year. A guy that I would meet with to go over some stuff would like to meet me there and buy me a cup. But for the most part I have my two cups at home strait up when I get up and I'm good for the day.

Now something I just read this morning sitting here looking at the old computer is to add a pinch of salt to your coffee. It said that the salt helps kill the taste of bitter in food and that it did the same thing to coffee. So I thought I would give it a try. We have a Mr. Coffee espresso maker that makes one cup at a time so I put a little sprinkle on top of the grounds for my second cup and dang if it didn't cut the bitter. I didn't mind the way it was but if you get some bitter coffee give it a try. I don't know how much to use so don't put in alot to start, just a pinch per cup.
    We go through life trying to make the best decisions we can based on the best infomation we can find, that turns out to be wrong.

Moderator Emeritus

A little salt when brewing beer makes beer taste sweeter so same chemical process...old timers in New Ulm MN would shake salt in their beer to cut the hop bitterness. I tried it, it does work, but sweet beer is not my thing unless I intentionally brew it that way as an after supper beer...

Boolit Master
    The local Food Lion sells 8 O`clock coffee.
    Leo
    Otto von Bismarck

Boolit Bub
    8 o clock is alright for sure. But Chock full o nuts...that's something special.

Boolit Master

200 miles south of the center of the United States
    My 15 year old granddaughter loves Starbuncles. I took a drink of her's once- it tasted like mop water with old coffee in it.

No thanks.
    The enemy of good is better.

Boolit Master
    Was going to buy some more 8 O`Clock the other day.Good God Miss Agnes.$9.98
    for 14oz.That`s a bit out of my budget.
    Leo
    Otto von Bismarck

Boolit Bub
    Starbucks is much better when you don't drink it as an actual cup of Joe. But if you've got a sweet tooth... get one of them foo-foo drinks. With extra whipped cream and sprinkles. Sure, not the manliest thing. But they tasty.

Boolit Buddy
    Black Rifle AK all the way

Boolit Master
    Alaskans drink a lot of coffee so coffee is expensive. You have to pay for shipping. SWMBO is a Swede who loves coffee- did you know King of Sweden invented coffee?- and she found Gevalia on-line. Called up Sweden, old home week, Gevalia would send a case, and pay freight. From Sweden. Great stuff, we gave a lot away. Got a case a month, away cheaper than at the supermarket. Marry a Swede! But don't get her mad.
    Starbucks you say? They banned guns, right? They still around?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast