RotoMetals2Inline FabricationLoad DataMidSouth Shooters Supply
Titan ReloadingReloading EverythingRepackboxLee Precision
Wideners Snyders Jerky

Thread: white label lube.

Boolit Master

white label lube.

a few years ago i bought a container of white label lube. been using bens liquid lube. got out the white label (never used) and it has the viscosity of lee liquid alox. the back of the bottle says "liquid-xlox. did i get the wrong stuff? can't see this stuff not working the same as lee alox. can i thin it to quicken drying . mineral spirits?

Banner Sponsor

This is the same as Lee's Liquid Alox. If it's too thick, just heat the bottle up in a pan of hot water until the lube is liquid, then add mineral spirits until it gets to the desired consistency.

Boolit Master
    i will turn this into 45-45-10. will it have the same +- drying time as BLL. the BLL that i made is very "thin".can't see 45-45-10 becoming that thin. what preference do you guys have between the 2 of them. or i can just make BLL. your experiences would be helpful.

Banner Sponsor

I haven't used BLL ,
    For 45-45-10, I use a light coat so that the bullets are all wet with a light brown tinge. I pour them on to a sheet of wax paper and set in the sun to dry. They are usually dry in 4 hours and ready to load the next day. Some guys use a couple of light coats, some use one heavier coat. A thicker coat will take longer to dry.

Thumbs up

+1 to what lar45 said!

I used Lars' xlox and followed Ben's directions to make BLL. It worked like a charm. I've still got most of the jug as I went to PC, but it worked good.

Boolit Buddy
    I had a large jug of 45-45-10 and put it up on the top shelf in the garage/reloading room. Somehow I managed to knock it off and the lid flew off when it hit the floor. I assure you that I never had a leading issue with the garage floor for several years! Use Carnauba Red now, when it hits the floor it just goes "thud".