MidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataWidenersInline Fabrication
Snyders JerkyRotoMetals2Titan ReloadingLee Precision
Repackbox Reloading Everything
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can't believe this.

Banned

Can't believe this.

I'm sitting in my living room watching an old movie which I love to do. But the advertisements are the uninteresting part, but there is one that just blows my mind. It's the MTV music video awards, I cannot believe what young folks call "music" these days. I am so glad that I collected the music that sounds good to me because almost no radio stations play it any more.

Banned
    Today’s country music sounds like 1980’s pop music.
    I cannot stand the way modern country music incorporates rap lyrics/styles. It’s country! It’s rap!
    It’s CRAP.
    R/Griff

Ohh dont get me started on this subject cause it just drives up my blood pressure every time i have to sit in someone else's vehicle and they turn on the radio. What passes for music nowadays is sad
    Those who would trade freedom for safety deserves neither and will lose both

If you listen to music on YouTube the algorithm finds other music you might like. It is pretty accurate for me. I have around 80 songs / videos in my favorites. You can start by just searching for your favorite songs and then it will suggest more.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Paper targets aren't your friends. They won't lie for you and they don't care if your feelings get hurt.

Boolit Buddy

I'm sure our parents said the same thing about the music we listen to.

Quote Originally Posted by Jsm180 View Post
    I'm sure our parents said the same thing about the music we listen to.
    Yeah but my music predates my parents for some reason haven't figured that out yet i have a hard time listening to anything after about 1965 mom and dad would listen to what ever came over the radio. explain that one to me
    Those who would trade freedom for safety deserves neither and will lose both

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by tankgunner59 View Post
    I'm sitting in my living room watching an old movie which I love to do. But the advertisements are the uninteresting part, but there is one that just blows my mind. It's the MTV music video awards, I cannot believe what young folks call "music" these days. I am so glad that I collected the music that sounds good to me because almost no radio stations play it any more.
    I'm going to go with Hugh Laurie. "There are two kinds of music. Good music and bad music. Everything else is just cataloging."

I'm another old white guy. I grew up on 50's bubblegum and Country and Western. My personal collection has a couple of Rap pieces. More than a couple of pieces of Steampunk. Dozens of piece of Baroque, and several other genre's of Classical, more than a little of both old and new Country, Ragtime, and even some stuff from the Kaluli people of New Guinea. Their music is birdsong. I'm also fond of Filk. That is science fiction fandom lyrics, often attached to popular music of just about any age. I believe the word that applies is "eclectic." Music is supposed to reach across cultures. There are things about Rap culture that I don't like, but there are elements I can understand quite well. Tupac's Dear Mama is one that gets to me. I was raised mostly by a single parent mother, too. Though mine wasn't a crack queen, and I didn't get myself killed young and make her even more unhappy, like he did.

For a while there, my girls were listening to nothing but JRap. Japanese music inspired by Rap. I'll admit some of that was hard to take!

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrounge View Post
    I'm going to go with Hugh Laurie. "There are two kinds of music. Good music and bad music. Everything else is just cataloging."

I'm another old white guy. I grew up on 50's bubblegum and Country and Western. My personal collection has a couple of Rap pieces. More than a couple of pieces of Steampunk. Dozens of piece of Baroque, and several other genre's of Classical, more than a little of both old and new Country, Ragtime, and even some stuff from the Kaluli people of New Guinea. Their music is birdsong. I'm also fond of Filk. That is science fiction fandom lyrics, often attached to popular music of just about any age. I believe the word that applies is "eclectic." Music is supposed to reach across cultures. There are things about Rap culture that I don't like, but there are elements I can understand quite well. Tupac's Dear Mama is one that gets to me. I was raised mostly by a single parent mother, too. Though mine wasn't a crack queen, and I didn't get myself killed young and make her even more unhappy, like he did.

For a while there, my girls were listening to nothing but JRap. Japanese music inspired by Rap. I'll admit some of that was hard to take!
    2004-2009 living in china with a chinese girlfriend we compromised on chinese language covers of American pop songs. some of the chinese singers are really very good.

No point to it any more, we lost the rock n roll when Lemmy died. The rest is a pale interpretation.

Boolit Master
    I have a local station in Prescott, KAHM. Great, soothing music. News on the hour. I did buy an internet radio that gives me stations from all over the world. I don’t listen to C(rap).

In some unremembered school class I had to write an essay. Chose (don't know why) ancient African drum and 'music'. Drum was originally a signalling device then competition and 'music'. We're back there with rap. Fortunately the 'mexican' jumping auto fad has faded.
    Whatever!

What I can't stand is the classic rock stations that play the classic rock songs that I got tired of when I was a teenager. That said, we do have a couple of stations locally that play a good selection of new and old music across the country and rock genres. Mostly Deep album cuts which is what I like.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    There is not a music radio station that does not bore me after a couple weeks if I can stand them for that long. They play the same songs over and over and their play list has too few items. Even streaming services loop the same suggestions over and over. The music I bought I have listened to more times than I care too. It is all so boring I quit listening.

Tim
    Words are weapons sharper than knives - INXS

The pen is mightier than the sword - Edward Bulwer-Lytton

The tongue is mightier than the blade - Euripides

Boolit Master

Talk radio junkie!

Boolit Master

Boolit Master
    Our local rock station has started playing songs where they have been paid to do so. Some of this isn't rock but hip hop pop crap. I'm starting to do more Pandora to get what I want to hear.

Boolit Grand Master

I removed the radio & tape player from my 1968 Chevelle .

Installed dual Cherry Bomb Glass Pack exhausts on the speed modified V-8 .

Drive with the windows down now and enjoy the sounds...
    That's some SWEET MUSIC !!!

FathomBlue68
    Gary
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

Quote Originally Posted by gwpercle View Post
    I removed the radio & tape player from my 1968 Chevelle .

Installed dual Cherry Bomb Glass Pack exhausts on the speed modified V-8 .

Drive with the windows down now and enjoy the sounds...
    That's some SWEET MUSIC !!!

FathomBlue68
    Gary
    And there ya go !!
    It is much easier to fool people ,
    than to convince them they have been fooled !

If you can read this , thank a teacher ...
    If you can read this in English , .. thank a Vet !

Whoo boy! Todays music, what a train wreck. I'm 66 now and wouldn't even know what todays Rock & Roll sounds like. In my early teen's I started listening to country. Of course Gospel, and soul music was tossed in as well. Back to the earlier Rock & Roll and country. Anyone who was in their teen's in the mid 60's to mid 70's, got the best of it all. Or at least that is my feelings. Country? Wow, I have to go back farther and farther to find the 'good stuff'. Sometimes, I wonder how many "Lefty's" were out there playing and singing back then? I dropped my Sirius radio subscription, nothing I really care for on it other than a few oldie stations. And, I've an extensive collection of music at my fingertips. I keep it all backed up as MP3 files. 1000's upon 1000's of songs. I make my own CD's for my vehicles. I can get 150 songs average on one disc in MP3 format.

Murphy
    If I should depart this life while defending those who cannot defend themselves, then I have died the most honorable of deaths. Marc R. Murphy '2006'.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by jsizemore View Post
    I have to disable my ad blocker to try that station. Ain't happening.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast