Titan ReloadingRotoMetals2RepackboxReloading Everything
Inline FabricationLoad DataLee PrecisionSnyders Jerky
MidSouth Shooters Supply Wideners
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cordless impact tools

Boolit Master

Reading with interest! But would like one made in USA!
    I thought FORD, was FIRST ON RACE DAY!

Boolit Grand Master

I should qualify my statement that I'm talking about the 20V Max Dewalt, 18V Milwaukee, and 18V Makita series tools. All three are lithium ion batteries.

Also, the Milwaukee Hackzall just might be the handiest saw that was ever created. It serves great as a two handed hack saw, flip it around for a jig saw, and being able to use it one handed is a boon.

Boolit Master

I do like my Rigid impact tool. It will drive 5" screws into treated posts until I let up on the trigger. I have not tried it on lug nuts. It is 1/4" hex shaft screw driver bit drive and I have 1/4, 3/8, and 1/2 inch socket adapters. I have been using it pretty regularly for more than 4 years and it is still going strong on its original batteries, which are lifetime guarantee if you register them. I plan to test that when necessary.
    Quis Quis Quis, Quis Liberat Canes

/////////BREAKING NEWS////////////
    Millions and millions of American shooters and sportsmen got up, went to work, contributed to society in useful and meaningful ways all over the nation and shot no one today! How do they controll themselves?? Experts Baffled....

I LIKE IKE

Boolit Buddy

I have this one. https://www.amazon.com/DEWALT-DCF899...s%2C299&sr=8-5

If it quit tomorrow, I'd buy another just like it. Also have a 20v 3/8 drive and a 12v 1/4 drive. All my cordless tools are Dewalt, they get used daily but not abused and hold up well.

Boolit Buddy
    I went with 18V Milwaukee and glad I did. Previously owned a Dewalt electric and it was supposed to loosen the lugs on my truck, but didn't. Then I bought a nice compressor so I could go air. Soon got sick and tired of the noise and hauling hoses around everywhere. Started off with the larger 1/2 in Mil and it would loosen any nut found. Next bought its little brother.
    The freedom of hoses is worth it alone. Finally bought a Mil power ratchet.
    Pick a brand and stick with it then the batteries will interchange.

Boolit Master
    It takes a big air compressor to run an air wrench without stopping to wait for the compressor to catch up. That Milwaukee 18v is more powerful than any air wrench I've owned and it hasn't run out of power in the middle of a job yet.
    Mal

Mal Paso means Bad Pass, just so you know.

Moderator Emeritus

I used one for 12 years for large meter and pipeline flange tear-down. Started with an 18 V Dewalt and went to a 20 V the last upgrade. In use 2-3 hours a day, from May to Oct I went through two tools in 12 years. I bought the 20 V when I upgraded to 20 V drills after 10 years. 6 months later they had a 18 V adapter to use a 20 V. My torque specs rarely exceeded 150 ft lbs, but I had a lot of flanges that had not been worked in decades.
    In 10 years I used the three 18 V batteries that came with the tools. They stayed in my truck 12 months a year in temps from -30 to +90. I did loose one battery when I burned up a drill causing me to up to 20 V. The 18 V tool retired with me and still works.
    [The Montana Gianni] Front sight and squeeze

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 45workhorse View Post
    Reading with interest! But would like one made in USA!
    I thought FORD, was FIRST ON RACE DAY!
    or "Found On the Road Dead", or Fix Or Repair Daily

Boolit Grand Master
    out of here, wandering somewhere in the SW.
    We should really not be bashing FORD. The ratings companies have found that 85% of all fords made since 1999 are still on the road. The other 15% actually made it home!

My first impact was sears corded 110v and it was as big as the old 1/2 drills. Then got a Makita 18v because my buddy was working at Nava Star ( IH) in dept that fixed glitches after trucks were inspected. They had Makita Impacts. It worked fine till one morning I dropped it off a 3story building onto the side walk, lucky job had to be done on Sunday, no foot traffic. Needed another fast to finish job and I have most all battery tools replaced with Dewalt 20v , so that’s what I bought. Now running all DeWalt 20v batteries.

Boolit Master

I have owned Bosch 12 and 18 volt units from day one. Don't have a reason to use anything else and they have been awesome. CPO Outlet has great deals on kits and factory Bosch refurb units. I usually pick up a refurb without batteries as I already have the batteries.

Moderator Emeritus

Have a no name Menards special($79!). I was amazed, it will break the lug nuts loose on a pickup! For my light duty use it is fine. I use it more for driving lag bolts than for mechanic work.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12