Snyders JerkyTitan ReloadingWidenersLee Precision
MidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxRotoMetals2Inline Fabrication
Load Data Reloading Everything

Thread: Anyone tried the Twod 6-24x50 AOEG scope?

Boolit Mold

Anyone tried the Twod 6-24x50 AOEG scope?

Saw this scope on Amazon and started wondering if it was worth a shot. Would like to add this to my AR and just do some work around 200 yds. Price is great but just afraid it will be more of a hassle than what it is really worth.

Banned

I might try one on a 22 rimfire.........but for $55.00 it can't be very heavy duty or well made!

Boolit Mold
    Lot of reviews on it stating it holds up to 30 caliber abuse. I just want it to hold up to my .223 reloads.

Why not try one? All you got to lose is $55.
    Hard times create strong men, strong men create good times, good times create weak men, and weak men create hard times.

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by pertnear View Post
    Why not try one? All you got to lose is $55.
    I think I will. Not a bad price on a scope that has all the features it offers.

If actually a good scope, the rest would be out of business.
    Whatever!

Boolit Master
    have 2 on a 218bee and 22 auto
    no problems can see my bullet holes at 300yds all the fetures on a quality scope could be $1000 to $1500

see them on ebay as a bushnell or ziess company could care less about patents
    paid $36 total to my door 3 years ago

Boolit Mold
    Good dope!

I'm just punching paper at the range. I don't need it to save my life. If it will help me shoot groups at a couple hundred yards and see where my shots are from the bench I will be happy.

Boolit Master
    with the mil dots iam able to shoot 22rf dead on at 300yds with cross hairs sighted in for 100yds no adjustment needed

figured its dropping about 8 foot
    your 223 should beable to really reach out there

Boolit Master

I have one under a different brand. I started getting flyers. Thought the scope took a dump. So i swapped it out. Here it turned out the picatinny rail was loose. To focus them. You need to adjust the rear and front at higher powers. Ebay purchase i think it was 35.00 shipped.
    One round at a time.
    Member of the NRA,GOA and FAOC. Gun clubs Zerby rod and gun club. Keystone Fish and Game Association.

Boolit Mold
    So at 100 yards I can zero, then turn up to infinite and zero again, then turn up the magnification on the rear and confirm that zero?

Quote Originally Posted by BigAlofPa. View Post
    I have one under a different brand. I started getting flyers. Thought the scope took a dump. So i swapped it out. Here it turned out the picatinny rail was loose. To focus them. You need to adjust the rear and front at higher powers. Ebay purchase i think it was 35.00 shipped.

Boolit Master

Under 13x with the front set at 100 yards just adjusting the rear works. As you go up in powder you have to work both ends, Above 20 they are not very clear.
    One round at a time.
    Member of the NRA,GOA and FAOC. Gun clubs Zerby rod and gun club. Keystone Fish and Game Association.

Boolit Mold
    Under 13x with the front set at 100 yards just adjusting the rear works. As you go up in powder you have to work both ends, Above 20 they are not very clear.
    Thank you!

Boolit Master

You're welcome.
    One round at a time.

Boolit Master
    It might live on a bolt gun or a single shot but an sutoloader would probably destroy one.

The repeated impact of the bott carrier back and forth would break those wimpy cemented in lens cells.

I saw this happen on a cheap 4X12 variable about 25 years ago and that was an $80 scope back then.
    It literally fell apart internally and it was only mounted on an AR-15.
    EDG

Have one on my 223 rem martini. has worked great for the last 3 years

Boolit Mold
    This scope came in yesterday. It doesn't look cheap. Surprisingly well made looking. ? Got it mounted with my Dead Nutz scope mount and took a look through it. People say its blurry on higher magnification and initially that does appear to be the case, but I'm only trying to reach out a couple hundred yards. I plan on taking g it to the range and finding out if what EDG says is true.

One of the draws to this particular scope is that everyone said customer service was exceptional for this scope. I hope I don't have to send them in a box of parts.

Boolit Master

So....... how was it on the range?
    One round at a time.

Boolit Mold
    So....... how was it on the range?
    It was nice except the crown on the elevation knob was defective. It has three tiny set screws that only have a couple threads. This kept the adjustment rod in the middle from moving. I guess I could have ripped this crown off and drilled a slot so I could adjust KT but I easily ordered a replacement and it finally arrived today. Looks like this part is better.produced than the last.