Lee PrecisionWidenersSnyders JerkyReloading Everything
RotoMetals2Inline FabricationTitan ReloadingRepackbox
Load Data MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Anyone else use a lee handpress?

Boolit Master
    I use my lee hand press all the time. I like it for depriming and sizing pistole or rifle cases. I have even loaded with it. I have my lee cast press bolted to my bench And use it a lot but some times my hand press is nice just to sit in front of the tv and knock small batches out.

Guys,
    1.The impassioned plea for sales is the whole idea. Got news for you,,, Nobody sells anything unless people know about it. That's why advertising exists.

2. You can sit on the ground and run my tool just as easily as the Lee Tool, you don't need a table, It just makes the tool easier to use, and is not even an option with Lee.

3. If you take care of a Lee it should last a good long time, if you don't,,, it or mine won't last, and any one who is using tools for a living should know that.

4. I hate using the "You get what you pay for" line. But in both cases here you do. In the Lee case, you get a workable tool that will Load ammo. In my case, you get a precision made tool that will last a lifetime and give the owner a level of satisfaction far beyond anything else ever made to do that task. You do get satisfaction out of using your tools don't you?

Do you understand the term "Tactile Gratification?" It is the feeling of pleasure you get from handling something that feels good to the touch. This is especially true with guns that you carry for long periods of time, or tools that you use alot. Some things just feel better than others that may do the same job. Snap-On made a pretty serious reputation on that very point, and they were/are the most expensive tools out there. But Harbor Freight Tools work just fine, and I have both.

I didn't design my tool to be Price Competitive. I built it to be the best there is. There is value in that to some people . Like 226 so far.

Until someone comes along with a valid reason why it's not,,,, That's my story, and I'm stickin' to it!

Randy
    "It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,,It's how well you do what you DON'T know how to do!"
    www.buchananprecisionmachine.com

Quote Originally Posted by mickbr View Post
    I dont feel he was pleading for anything. I think it was a pretty good post to make on this thread as I wasn't aware of the unit myself. Someone asked him if it was in production so he answered. Probably saved a few of us bugging him by email.
    Mick: I have shipped a bunch of my tools to AUS. I can fix you right up. (Impassioned plea for International Sales!)

See website below signature. Email for quote on shipping.

Randy
    "It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,,It's how well you do what you DON'T know how to do!"

Boolit Master

Was Mid-Michigan, 2 Orlando, 2 Jacksonville, Fl.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bazoo View Post
    I'm poor, and I'm in my 30s, so the Lee is what I have, but the BPM is what I want. At least I want to get one and put through it's paces. Just like with guns and knives, I've a tendency to buy and swap reloading stuff just to try new stuff. If the BPM fits me better than Lee then I'll get my money out of it. I use a hand press atleast half the time.
    Ditto except for age. 50’s. I hope to be able to get Randy’s fine tool in the future. I use cheap, but do appreciate value.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One of the best deals in reloading, still. I would guess quite a few thousands of those little red hand presses have gotten a lot of frugal reloaders started in the hobby over however many decades they have been around.
    That is what got me going and I still own mine even though I am on to a LCT and 650 now. It is there for any odd work.
    I have seen pics of the Lyman and it looks interesting, but those are long since discontinued and don't show up a lot on the used market or I would own one of those too.

I use mine all the time if I am at the range (or out in the woods) working up a load
    But, I size and flare all my brass at home on my normal press (also a breachlock)
    I only take a bullet seating die and a crimp die if needed.... Works for me

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by W.R.Buchanan View Post
    Mick: I have shipped a bunch of my tools to AUS. I can fix you right up. (Impassioned plea for International Sales!)

See website below signature. Email for quote on shipping.

Randy
    Thanks Randy, I would love one but its incumbent on the state of the Aus dollar and international shipping right now. It would probably cost double to get it landed at the moment. if things change I will be in touch.

Boolit Grand Master
    I've had one for years, and never even tried using it.

I have one at my office, there are days I work 12 hours and then days I have hours to kill waiting on the phone to ring. I have it for about 7 years, loaded 1000s with it. Perfect for hand gun loads.
    Luke 11:21 When a strong man armed keepeth his palace, his goods are in peace:

Boolit Bub
    I had an older Lee hand press that my brother lifted from me years ago, mainly used it with the universal decapping die. I started off with the Lee loader, cumbersome and noisy but it worked before graduation to the hand press. For straight wall cartridges the hand press is great and to possibly neck size bottleneck cartridges, though full length resizing will probably slow down your reloading process considerably. I have the breech lock version of the hand press now which I still use with a universal decapping die. I wish it was made it off better material but I haven't seen one break and don't mind the price that it costs as is.

Sizing 44 magnum brass is a fairly good workout on the Lee hand press. Doable, and I use it, but I wish it was easier. When the extra funds come, I'll get one of Randy's presses and report on it. Or if I get lucky I might get a compac.

Boolit Grand Master
    Bazoo, if you go ahead and get one while still in your 30s, it will still be good and solid when you pass it on to your favorite grandchild who will show great pride of ownership.

Froggie
    "It aint easy being green!"

Boolit Grand Master

Have a portable loading kit made up that fits in a Pelican case and allows me to reload in hotels while I’m on the road for work. Having owned both the Lee and Randy’s I can say they both load ammo and that’s where the similarities end. Some people wan to spend the minimum amount to accomplish the task regardless of compromises they have to make. I subscribe to buy once, cry once. I don’t consider $250 a lot of money so I never cried

Things to know about my tool.

1. It is a Precision Made piece of equipment! It needs to be treated as such!!!

2. Like all Precision Tools it needs to be kept clean. If it is kept clean and lightly lubricated it will last indefinitely. This is the Primary point for longevity of this tool.

3. Like all Precision Tools it stays in good shape if it is kept in it's case. These are Boyt Pistol Rugs and provide a nice soft padded place for the tool to live in when not in use. Most tools get abused most when not in use, they get banged around in a tool box or laying on a bench. I am no longer selling my tool without a case any longer.

4. When Sizing Brass it is best to be sitting and using the tool as shown in the instructions. The reason for this is, that if you drop it, it will fall in your lap instead of the floor. The main parts are made of 6061 Aluminum and they will deform if dropped on a hard surface.

5. The rest of loading operations can be accomplished with the tool clamped to a table top with a small Bar Clamp. This keeps the tool firmly in place and allows you to use both hands to feed it, and handle Brass. If you don't have a table you can still load while holding the tool as in sizing, however it becomes more difficult to deal with the brass while holding the tool too. This is why the tool has a flat bottom, and it is the only tool of its type that will stand up on its own ! I kind of planned it that way :>)

6. I assemble these tools using Vaseline as the assembly lube. ANY decent oil or other lubricant will work to properly lubricate it.

If you already have one of my tools, thanks for your business and you must be satisfied with your purchase. I have not received one negative comment about this tool from any owner since I introduced it 4 years ago. I am shipping #230 & #231 tomorrow.

I have another product I sell which is a kit that raises the seats in a Jeep TJ (97-06.) It has been in production since 1997. I have sold over 13,000 of these kits over the last 23 years. In all that time I have received exactly 2 kits back for a refund!

I expect my Hand Press to satisfy as well as that Jeep Product has.

Randy
    Attachment 267067

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123