RepackboxWidenersLoad DataInline Fabrication
Snyders JerkyTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2Reloading Everything
MidSouth Shooters Supply Lee Precision

Thread: Personal Defense Ammo

Boolit Master

Personal Defense Ammo

I know this isn't anything to do with casting or reloading for shotguns, but......

There have been several posts lately where members are asking about tooling and components for personal defense ammo for their shotguns, buckshot loads in particular, because they can't find any at the LGS. It is good to have new people venture into reloading, no problem there. If you are considering loading your own because you can't find buckshot loads available commercially, give this a try.

ammoseek.com

I would be the last person to try to dissuade someone from the hobby of reloading but if all you want is 100 rounds of buckshot give this website a shot. They don't sell anything, they operate a web search engine dedicated to ammo. No charge for their service. Your results are listed least expensive to highest. I've used it a number of times, primarily for match-grade .22 LR. Take a look!
    "We take a thousand moments for granted thinking there will be a thousand more to come. Each day, each breath, each beat of your heart is a gift. Live with love & joy, tomorrow is not promised to anyone......"

unknown

Boolit Man
    Thank you very much. I have used the site in the past but keep running into the venders it directs you to being out of stock.
    But I'm sure it's how fast ammo is selling as I have ran into company's showing a item in stock but in fact be out once I tried to order.

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk

Boolit Master

CS, have you loaded any of those #1s yet?
    "My main ambition in life is to be on the devil's most wanted list."
    Leonard Ravenhill

Previously Banned Member
    isnt it ironic that anyone with a hand gun is told to NEVER reload self defense ammo, but its encouraged for shotguns

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by pocketace View Post
    isnt it ironic that anyone with a hand gun is told to NEVER reload self defense ammo, but its encouraged for shotguns
    This issue has been discuss to death on this forum. At best the use of reloads MIGHT pose an opening for a prosecutors line of questioning. I have seen people recommend not to use it but I don't remember ever reading NEVER particularly in light of the current shortages.

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...an-others-here
    Last edited by M-Tecs; 08-10-2020 at 02:32 AM.
    2nd Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

"Before you argue with someone, ask yourself, is that person even mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of different perspectives? Because if not, there’s absolutely no point."
    – Amber Veal

"The Highest form of ignorance is when your reject something you don't know anything about".
    - Wayne Dyer

Boolit Man
    Well if you did reload and used day gold dot you could still stick to the I am using the same bullets as the police department uses.
    I've never heard them question the cases or primers?

Previously Banned Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelsonholsters View Post
    Well if you did reload and used day gold dot you could still stick to the I am using the same bullets as the police department uses.
    I've never heard them question the cases or primers?

i have seen all over the "forums" and online and in print "gun rags i wouldnt use for bird cage lining for diarhea ridden parakeets" that ANY ammunition that does not come from a big company, hornady, remignton, winchester, etc,,,, and using the same case and headstamp for each round in the box,, you WILL be in trouble.

I even saw that in a LEO magazine forum thingy few years back. but they get their ammo free.

Boolit Master
    All I shoot is home made .

Boolit Master

Hogtamer; I have some test rounds loaded but our club has been closed for construction of barrier walls between the ranges. Hopefully later this week......

To all; I never meant to open the argument of "Factory vs Reload"! By all means, shoot whichever you prefer or have. I only hoped to provide an alternative to those who were considering reloading as a "last option" because they can not find the ammo they need in these difficult times.

I encourage all my friends here locally to reload their ammunition, for a lot of different reasons. Being able to make what you can't buy, or, in the case of buckshot, being able to make ammo that's better than what you can buy, is a beautiful thing. And that's why we roll our own!
    "We take a thousand moments for granted thinking there will be a thousand more to come. Each day, each breath, each beat of your heart is a gift. Live with love & joy, tomorrow is not promised to anyone......"

unknown