Reloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxSnyders Jerky
Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingWidenersInline Fabrication
Load Data RotoMetals2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need a source for rubber buckshot and slug componets

Quote Originally Posted by Davedude View Post
    Thank you geezer for following up with that, I was curious. Good to know I can load those balls in something other than a paintball marker.
    I have been interested in paintball in the past, bought a couple markers years ago but they sat and the o-rings rotted. Now with the current situation I began to look into it again for less lethal use. Bought a used 68 cal full auto marker off of ebay (mistake) and a few different types of hard 68cal balls from both ebay and amazon. Am having to rebuild the marker, a Tippmann A5, just got all the parts I needed yesterday.
    I think but am not sure---- regular paintball guns and ammo are set more or less to about 250fps and will raise a bump or bruise. For sure with easy tweaks to stock markers the paintball velocity goes up over 300fps.
    The idea was to full auto the hard .68cal balls for some "less lethal" persuasion. Even at 250fps it may be effective but am hoping to get the gas system on this marker set up for over 300fps and deliver a hopper full.
    Would it be possible to load these hard paintballs in a 12 ga round to get 300fps?
    first Welcome Davedude. My sons name is Dave Dude! I had to do a double take!

Loading these into a shot shell with anything more than a primer will result in alot more than 300 fps ! At least double that, and probably more.

Randy.
    "It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,,It's how well you do what you DON'T know how to do!"
    www.buchananprecisionmachine.com

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by W.R.Buchanan View Post
    first Welcome Davedude. My sons name is Dave Dude! I had to do a double take!

Loading these into a shot shell with anything more than a primer will result in alot more than 300 fps ! At least double that, and probably more.

Randy.
    Thanks Randy! Wonder what the threshold fps is for less lethal with the hard 68 cal plastic ball, any guess?
    I have a new account but have been here for years. I've been reloading since about 1980. I could not remember how to log in or my account was closed so I had to create new. I was always here to read and learn from all the fine people that share their knowledge and never posted much. I'm on with the same name at the falfiles.

Boolit Grand Master

If it has not been mentioned hot glue will make a fine none lethal buckshot. Be sure your old cavities are smooth.
    "Come unto Me, all you who labor and are heavy burdened, and I will give you rest." Matthew 11:28
    Male Guanaco out in dry lakebed at 10,800 feet south of Arequipa.

Boolit Grand Master
    I might suggest peppercorns, but they might not be less than lethal

I just secured a source for #4, #00, and .690 rubber buckshot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boolit Master

PLease add so the rest of us can also.

Note: we need them for black bear deterrent. Bears are a problem to agriculture in our state.

Try shooting whatever shot you load at a couple of layers of cardboard at various ranges. You want the pellets to penetrate around one layer of cardboard but not more or else it easily creeps into the "lethal" range. Most less-lethal ammo is around 300-350fps if I recall.

Yeowchhh 950 fps thats gonna leave a mark. And possibly a lifeless body on the lawn
    Those who would trade freedom for safety deserves neither and will lose both

It also depends on range - you might be able to get away with 950fps if your application is chasing off bears at 50 yards, since they have 2" of fur and hide and the projectiles slow down quickly. For civil unrest applications, that's going to be up close and personal so I would definitely test on cardboard first.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12