Boolit Master

THE SEVEN DISPENSATIONS
    1. Man innocent.
    2. Man under conscience.
    3. Man in authority over the earth.
    4. Man under promise.
    5. Man under law.
    6. Man under grace.
    7. Man under the personal reign of Christ.

We are in No 6 Saved by Grace and will be Raptured out before No 7 ether by Death or we will be called by the Trump of God.

The first 5 show the failure of man.

It's great to live in the age of Grace.

Sleep tight it may come tonight.
    Last edited by dannyd; 08-13-2020 at 09:49 PM.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ioon44 View Post
    Which God?
    There is but one God. The creator of all that is.

Tim
    Words are weapons sharper than knives - INXS

The pen is mightier than the sword - Edward Bulwer-Lytton

The tongue is mightier than the blade - Euripides

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by 1hole View Post
    We disagree on that and a lot more than that. But, basically, you choose to agree with yourself and I chose to agree with scripture. ??? Only one of us can be right.

He sure can! And God has said that none of us are worthy of heaven. But then I don't know which god you trust! I trust the One who says Jesus is the way, the truth and the life" (John 14:6) and has written that all of our self righteousness - the very self righteousness you profess for yourself - is as filthy rags before Him (Isa 64:6; Rom 3:10). God tells us there is one narrow way and one name to access heaven but you wrongly seek to convince people that there are many ways and a wide path to heaven, and you "know" all that because you're really smart and have it all figured out (John 14:6; Act 4:12). Sadly, you know very much but you understand very little.

Wrong. YOU say "we can be worthy of heaven" but God says we cannot, it's much worse than hard and He knows it. So, in his love, God provided a worthy substitute to pay sin's cost for those who would totally trust in his son, the Lord Jesus, as saviour. I do, all Christians do. But you do not; instead you're trusting in your self righteousness and expect God to see things your way instead of his way. Good luck with that.

You don't understand that "a true believer" is one who believes in loving God in the Biblical way and that is what produces the good works and love you're hoping will get you into heaven - it won't.

Biblical "belief" includes trusting in, clinging to and submitting to the one believed in. But, you believe in an alphabet soup of gods, not Jesus, so you've chosen the wide path that leads to hell. I don't know you so I'll take your word for how deeply you love others but I know you only have a head knowledge belief in God and reject the rest. Therefore, you only have a comfortable religion and a wimpy god (Mat 7:21-23).

You think you grasp it all better than anyone else but you do not. Instead, you have fallen into Adam's original-ego driven sin-trap of choosing to be your own God and deciding for yourself what is good and evil, i.e., what is right and wrong. That's sad for you and it didn't work out very well for Adam either.
    I don't expect God to see things my way. God will see like God always does, God sees all, we can hide nothing from God. If God does not save me because I am not worthy then so be it.

Tim

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by dtknowles View Post
    I don't expect God to see things my way. God will see like God always does, God sees all, we can hide nothing from God. If God does not save me because I am not worthy then so be it.

Tim
    If your not saved, it'll be because you didn't follow God's son and submit to his teachings (just like any of us). That, and being a false teacher. Subverting others away from the path of salvation.
    We should ALL be extremely mindful of what we teach, as we WILL be held to account for it!

Boolit Master
    I don't expect God to see things my way.... If God does not save me because I am not worthy then so be it.
    Sooo ... you don't expect God to see things your way ... but if He doesn't see things your way then He can kiss off and He will have to live eternally deprived of yourself? We know you believe you're worth being saved as due payment for what you do and have therefore earned your hoped for salvation but you haven't told us WHY you think you are so worthy! ??

Tim, your inflated ego and self importance is driving you to death because I think God can handle your loss but you'll fry apart from Him. You most certainly know heaven or hell is your own eternal choice, not His; so be it (John 3:17/18).

Yeah Tim, I know you don't bother to check the scriptures I often submit but I have to do it because otherwise we'd just be swapping "I believe this but not that" arrogant nonsense.
    Last edited by 1hole; 08-14-2020 at 09:09 AM.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Thundarstick View Post
    If your not saved, it'll be because you didn't follow God's son and submit to his teachings (just like any of us). That, and being a false teacher. Subverting others away from the path of salvation.
    We should ALL be extremely mindful of what we teach, as we WILL be held to account for it!
    Yes, we all should. Be careful what bible you teach or even careful about teaching the bible. It was written by men, if you believe it is the only words of God, you are probably mistaken. If I am not saved it could be for any number of reasons most of which have nothing to do with Jesus.

Tim

Boolit Master
    Sooo ... you don't expect God to see things your way ... but if He doesn't see things your way then He can kiss off and He will have to live eternally deprived of yourself? We know you believe you're worth being saved as due payment for what you do and have therefore earned your hoped for salvation but you haven't told us WHY you think you are so worthy! ??

Tim, your inflated ego and self importance is driving you to death because I think God can handle your loss but you'll fry apart from Him. You most certainly know heaven or hell is your own eternal choice, not His; so be it (John 3:17/18).

Yeah Tim, I know you don't bother to check the scriptures I often submit but I have to do it because otherwise we'd just be swapping "I believe this but not that" arrogant nonsense.
    Preaching to me from the bible only means to me that you believe the bible. Me, not so much, bible verses rarely change my beliefs.

Tim

Boolit Master
    Preaching to me from the bible only means to me that you believe the bible. Me, not so much, bible verses rarely change my beliefs.
    Yes, we know, nothing shakes your deep spiritual belief in yourself. Good luck.

Boolit Master

Tim
    None of us are worthy of being saved that's why Jesus died on the cross. It's his free gift to us for believing, realizing we are sinner and ask for forgiveness. My opinion, there as been many a man walk from their cell to Angola's (Louisiana State Penitentiary) death house and been saved on the way just like the thief on the cross got to go to Paradise. They were saved because like the thief they had a true repetitive heart.

Boolit Master

we disagree on that and a lot more than that. But, basically, you choose to agree with yourself and i chose to agree with scripture. ??? Only one of us can be right.

He sure can! And god has said that none of us are worthy of heaven. But then i don't know which god you trust! I trust the one who says jesus is the way, the truth and the life" (john 14:6) and has written that all of our self righteousness - the very self righteousness you profess for yourself - is as filthy rags before him (isa 64:6; rom 3:10). God tells us there is one narrow way and one name to access heaven but you wrongly seek to convince people that there are many ways and a wide path to heaven, and you "know" all that because you're really smart and have it all figured out (john 14:6; act 4:12). Sadly, you know very much but you understand very little.

Wrong. You say "we can be worthy of heaven" but god says we cannot, it's much worse than hard and he knows it. So, in his love, god provided a worthy substitute to pay sin's cost for those who would totally trust in his son, the lord jesus, as saviour. I do, all christians do. But you do not; instead you're trusting in your self righteousness and expect god to see things your way instead of his way. Good luck with that.

You don't understand that "a true believer" is one who believes in loving god in the biblical way and that is what produces the good works and love you're hoping will get you into heaven - it won't.

Biblical "belief" includes trusting in, clinging to and submitting to the one believed in. But, you believe in an alphabet soup of gods, not jesus, so you've chosen the wide path that leads to hell. I don't know you so i'll take your word for how deeply you love others but i know you only have a head knowledge belief in god and reject the rest. Therefore, you only have a comfortable religion and a wimpy god (mat 7:21-23).

You think you grasp it all better than anyone else but you do not. Instead, you have fallen into adam's original-ego driven sin-trap of choosing to be your own god and deciding for yourself what is good and evil, i.e., what is right and wrong. That's sad for you and it didn't work out very well for adam either.
    amen!
    The unexamined life is not worth living....Socrates
    Pain, is just weakness leaving the body....USMC
    Fast is fine, but accuracy is FINAL!....Wyatt Earp

Boolit Master

Thy kingdom come, thy will be done, on earth just as in Heaven.
    Quis Quis Quis, Quis Liberat Canes

/////////BREAKING NEWS////////////
    Millions and millions of American shooters and sportsmen got up, went to work, contributed to society in useful and meaningful ways all over the nation and shot no one today! How do they controll themselves?? Experts Baffled....

I LIKE IKE

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by dannyd View Post
    None of us are worthy of being saved that's why Jesus died on the cross. It's his free gift to us for believing, realizing we are sinner and ask for forgiveness. My opinion, there as been many a man walk from their cell to Angola's (Louisiana State Penitentiary) death house and been saved on the way just like the thief on the cross got to go to Paradise. They were saved because like the thief they had a true repetitive heart.
    Repent and be saved, yes.

Jesus is just a character in a book. It is not his death that matters it is message to love one another that matters. Love your fellow humans, repent your sins and be saved.

Tim

Boolit Master
    Yes, we know, nothing shakes your deep spiritual belief in yourself. Good luck.
    This is not about me. This is about saving those that need to repent their evil, hateful, unloving ways. I believe that Christians who follow Jesus' messages about how we should treat our fellow man will be saved. Those that do not take it to heart will not be saved.

When Jesus said "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." I believe he means that you must act toward your fellow humans as he has shown, believing Jesus is God is not what saves you, heeding his message is what saves you. it is not about the man it is about the message. The message is right even if Jesus was never born. The Bibles could be total fiction but the message would still be valid. Weigh you conscience against what Jesus would do, if you do not regret every time you did not do as Jesus would have done even if it meant your death then you might not be saved. If you would not die so that others would be saved, how could you be saved.

Tim

Boolit Master

Repent and be saved, yes.

Jesus is just a character in a book. It is not his death that matters it is message to love one another that matters. Love your fellow humans, repent your sins and be saved.

Tim

That's your opinion and that's fine before long we will both know the answer.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by dannyd View Post
    That's your opinion and that's fine before long we will both know the answer.
    I am not sure we will know the answer but before long it will no longer matter. If we are wrong, I doubt God is going to explain and if we are wrong I don't think there will be anything to explain it too.

Tim

Boolit Master

I am not sure we will know the answer but before long it will no longer matter. If we are wrong, I doubt God is going to explain and if we are wrong I don't think there will be anything to explain it too.

Tim

Time will tell.

Boolit Master

This is not about me. This is about saving those that need to repent their evil, hateful, unloving ways. I believe that Christians who follow Jesus' messages about how we should treat our fellow man will be saved. Those that do not take it to heart will not be saved.

When Jesus said "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." I believe he means that you must act toward your fellow humans as he has shown, believing Jesus is God is not what saves you, heeding his message is what saves you. it is not about the man it is about the message. The message is right even if Jesus was never born. The Bibles could be total fiction but the message would still be valid. Weigh you conscience against what Jesus would do, if you do not regret every time you did not do as Jesus would have done even if it meant your death then you might not be saved. If you would not die so that others would be saved, how could you be saved.

Tim
    Why you say...
    I believe that Christians who follow Jesus' messages about how we should treat our fellow man will be saved.
    ? When you believe that Jesus was a fictitious character?
    The unexamined life is not worth living....Socrates
    Pain, is just weakness leaving the body....USMC
    Fast is fine, but accuracy is FINAL!....Wyatt Earp

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Dieselhorses View Post
    Why you say...? When you believe that Jesus was a fictitious character?
    I believe that Christians who follow Jesus' messages about how we should treat our fellow man will be saved. First because I think it is right. I also think if you act in concert with Jesus' teachings even if you never heard of Jesus or even if you don't believe in Jesus, you will be saved.

I never said I was sure Jesus is a fictitious character I have said I think it is likely the Jesus portrayed in the new testament is a tall tale, exaggerated and it could be Jesus was never born.

What Jesus taught, to love one another, is not a message unique to Jesus. It is a self-evident truth. To not love all of God's creations is to be evil.

Good Christians will be saved, bad Christians will not be saved.

Tim

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by talon7825 View Post
    So if you don't believe Jesus is the son of God, how can you be a Christian at all, more less a good one
    I am not a Christian. I don't believe you have to be Christian to be saved. I believe you only need to be good to be saved, Christian or not.

Tim

Boolit Master
    I am not a Christian. I don't believe you have to be Christian to be saved. I believe you only need to be good to be saved, Christian or not.
    If you don't believe men must be Christians (meaning followers of the Lord Christ Jesus) to be saved then what do you think men need to be saved from ... and too? And on who, or on what, do you base YOUR beliefs and suggest others follow?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast