Snyders Jerky RotoMetals2

Thread: New traditions 44 mag

Boolit Master

New traditions 44 mag

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	D22FDF36-AC12-43E1-BAEB-E4AF401A447E.jpeg 
Views:	44 
Size:	25.2 KB 
ID:	265946Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4B369311-D9F7-4EA1-B610-D72304CF433A.jpeg 
Views:	30 
Size:	22.9 KB 
ID:	265947Got a new to me traditions 44 mag single shot. I got it off my ex co worker. He said he didint shoot it anymore. He got it probably 10 years ago and decided To get rid of a few. I shot this rifle and was impressed like he was. He said only the 300 gr xtp’p shot really good for him. He tried the lighter weight lead and jacked bullets and said the 300 gr was the best. The load he got to shoot the best was 19.5 gr of imr 4227. I shot this rifle and got that same 5 shot group like this. He gave me the rifle with scope he got later and the bipod . He added sling swivels and Ammo sleeve . The pic of the target is a five shot group we shot at 50 or 100 yards. We shot at each distance a couple months ago. I was impressed with the accuracy and the trigger. The trigger is really nice on this one so don’t know if stock. Jack said he got it at a gun shop but don’t think it was brand new when he got it. This single shot really impressed me .
    Last edited by Jniedbalski; 08-08-2020 at 08:57 PM.

Looks good id see what kinda twist ya got that may tell you why it likes 300s
    Those who would trade freedom for safety deserves neither and will lose both

Boolit Master
    I looked up on traditions and said 1/20 twist. The barrel is a fluted chrome molly . Changed the post to 1/20 I accidentally put 1/30
    Last edited by Jniedbalski; 08-08-2020 at 09:33 PM.

Ya would think something a little faster would be better suited to 300s but i guess not.

Boolit Master
    I looked up on traditions and they said 1/30 . With a 22" Premium Lothar Walther Chromoly fluted barrel, the Outfitter G3. I am wanting to buy a Lee bullet mold For this. The lee c310 340 rf should shoot good. Or maybe the lee tl 430 240 swc .it will be used most for shooting paper at 50 and 100 yards. I might try farther but 100 yards should be the longest

Boolit Master
    I looked up on traditions and they said 1/30 . With a 22" Premium Lothar Walther Chromoly fluted barrel, the Outfitter G3. I am wanting to buy a Lee bullet mold For this. The lee c310 340 rf should shoot good. Or maybe the lee tl 430 240 swc .it will be used most for shooting paper at 50 and 100 yards. I might try farther but 100 yards should be the longest. I re looked I meant 1/20 not 1/30 sorry

Boolit Master
    Sorry should of said 1/20 I some how put 1/30. But it is a one in 20

I got a 310 lee for my 5.5 sbh and a big boy shoots very good outta the sbh. Got to test the henry at 100 to see if it is tumbling if i can find time

Well thats why it likes 300s then i was guessing it would be a little faster than 30

Boolit Master
    The reason I will get lee molds is because I can afford them.I would like a higher end mold, the problem is if I save up for one high end mold I can buy 3 or four of Lee’s. I have two noe’s 30 cal rifle molds I got cheep from the guy I got this gun. One day I will save up and get a good mold for this gun. Right now I want just to go out and shoot it. He gave me a box of 300 gr xtp’s for it and some assorted cast bullets. Would like a nice soft plinking bullet also for it. The lee 429 200 rf looks Like a good bullet for this. Has any body shot this bullet or would the lee tl 430 240 swc be better? Just shooting paper with it.

I shoot anything from round balls to 310s in mine depends on what im trying to accomplish

Quote Originally Posted by Jniedbalski View Post
    The reason I will get lee molds is because I can afford them.I would like a higher end mold, the problem is if I save up for one high end mold I can buy 3 or four of Lee’s. I have two noe’s 30 cal rifle molds I got cheep from the guy I got this gun. One day I will save up and get a good mold for this gun. Right now I want just to go out and shoot it. He gave me a box of 300 gr xtp’s for it and some assorted cast bullets. Would like a nice soft plinking bullet also for it. The lee 429 200 rf looks Like a good bullet for this. Has any body shot this bullet or would the lee tl 430 240 swc be better? Just shooting paper with it.
    I don't have a rifle in 44 mag but I have several 44's with 1/20 twist and every one of them shoot the 310 Lee as well or better than anything else I have fed them. With the extra speed you get from a rifle you should have not problem with 310's. As it turns out, the very next best boolit for my guns is the 240 gr Lee. I wouldn't slight the Lee molds at all. When a rifle/handgun takes a shine to a boolit, just shoot it and enjoy. The one boolit that I have not had any success with comes from a custom mold that I have a lot more $ tied up in than a Lee! You will run accros some Lee bashers and that's fine I guess but the gun will tell you what it wants. BTW, a friend who carries a 44 hog hunting, shoots the 310 gr Lee's and he said it turn a big porker wrong side out!
    IT AINT what ya shoot--its how ya shoot it. NONE of us are as smart as ALL of us!

Boolit Master
    I like all my lee molds. I almost ruined one of them by not lubing the spur plate but that’s my fault.all the tc regular bullet molds not tl I like very much 9 mm 38 40 and 45. I also have every 9 mm 38 And 40 molds lee makes. The tl also work good for me if kept low below 1000 FPS. That’s good to know about the lee 310 430 bullet thanks .