Lee PrecisionRepackboxTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2
Load DataWidenersReloading EverythingSnyders Jerky
Inline Fabrication MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: BANNED: An Overview of Restricted Guns, Ammo and Parts in Each State

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Drm50 View Post
    I never did understand the laws against switch blades. It’s like the laws against AR & AK type rifles.
    They gave the same reason they did to pass the Sullivan Act in New York and the NFA federally, gang violence. It’s always under the guise of safety for public when in reality it’s about control of the public. I don’t see the appeal of a switchblade. But I’m certainly not for restricting them. I almost always a have a knife on me. The one lone exception is an airport. First thing I pull out of my baggage is the knife I travel w/. Something is better than nothing and unfortunately I can’t travel w/ firearms to a lot of the places I work.

USMC 77, USRA 79

wooohooo.. no bans here... and lots of land to spread out for those hardy enough to live without fast food chains...
    Any technology not understood, can seem like Magic!!!

I will love the Lord with all my heart, all my soul, and all my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by jdfoxinc View Post
    Man all the free states have weather I dont like.
    The weather is perfect here can hit 100 in the summer and in the winter we get dow to -50 with a 70 mph wind not to mention ice fishing Sleding and we got the polar bear club who strip off almost all their clothes and jump in the river in january. Its great to be a montanian.....
    Those who would trade freedom for safety deserves neither and will lose both

Moderator Emeritus

Mike, friends also do "Skunk parties" where the first skunk sighting, alive or roadkill gets us in the river.
    [The Montana Gianni] Front sight and squeeze

Boolit Master

There are errors in that write up.

Boolit Master
    what is the low melting point law?
    Is that outlawing lead bullets, or, a gun made of lead?

It prohibits any handgun having a frame made from powdered metal, or any material having a melting point less than 1000 degrees F
    Those who would trade freedom for safety deserves neither and will lose both

Boolit Buddy
    If this list is complete and intended to be comprehensive then it falls short according to my understanding of the situation in some of the more anti states. For example, I have long had the belief that all guns have to be registered in MA (is that true?). I also believe there are some similar restrictive measures in CT; a couple years ago a fellow who has long lived in CT (or NYC, don't recall for sure) was cleaning out the family house here in my town, in a constitutional carry state, and he had a very nice S&W .357 he purchased new while in college, in the PNW, in 1972. He said that gun would not be allowed in CT for some reason related to him owning it but keeping it in AK for decades, so we agreed to a price at the estate sale - his price, as I really liked the gun - but he couldn't bring himself to part with it so he left it here with a friend. He said he was so attached to the S&W that if not for his wife he would rent a car in Seattle and drive to the east coast with the gun so there would be no record of bringing a gun to that state. He told me the mandatory prison sentence if he took it to CT and was caught but I cannot recall. Another example; a member of our winter trap league team moved to HI. He told me he could not legally have a handgun on the island he was relocating, and he said he would be required to keep the local chief of police up to date on changes to his ammo inventory. Another example; a married couple, both enlisted personnel in the US Armed Forces here were being transferred to DE and having a moving sale. They were very sad at having to part with a number of semi-auto guns they said they could not possess in DE. They were also selling ammo they believed would not be allowed in DE, and their beliefs were said to be based upon official information they received about their transfer from AK. Recently a number of WA residents I know have begun keeping guns in AK because those particular guns now bring legal trouble in WA; at least that is what they believe. When I look at the entries on this list for these states the list appears to be much less restrictive than my anecdotal experiences have me believing. My fear is that if the elections go the wrong way for gun owners this November we could all be faced with problems I have heard about in other states.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Drm50 View Post
    SNIP Most switch blades I have seen are not good steel. This includes US military ones with orange handles. The only ones worth having are older quality makes, which are expensive antiques or new ones that are quite expensive too. SNIP
    You should take a look at the Benchmade stilettos.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Plate plinker View Post
    There are errors in that write up.
    They got Iowa wrong. Machine guns are unavailable to ordinary citizens.

Boolit Master
    If machine guns are banned in Louisiana then we have some criminals at the local shooting range most weekends.

Tim
    Words are weapons sharper than knives - INXS

The pen is mightier than the sword - Edward Bulwer-Lytton

The tongue is mightier than the blade - Euripides

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12