Titan ReloadingLee PrecisionInline FabricationRotoMetals2
Load DataRepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading Everything
Snyders Jerky Wideners

Thread: A coworker sent pics of a find

A coworker sent pics of a find

A guy passed away who owned a gun shop in California, and part of the stuff he left my co worker were some molds he has no idea what to do with. He does cast, isn't into the idea, but he asked e to see if I could find out what they were or worth. I am just posting the photos he gave me so i can give him a relative idea what fair market might be for him. For all I know he'll sit on them until kingdom come, who knows. The six banger apparently has no marking, and he said it is pretty scratched up - must have been the guys favorite whatever it is. I did tell him the Lee might get him $10 if he's lucky. I am not offering for sale nor am I getting anything, literally just asking for a coworker.
    Thank you for your reply.

Boolit Master

I don't see pictures of the inside of the 6 cav, but it looks like a Lee mold $40 new, used? $20 to 30 ish. Lee 2 cav $10. Single cav looks rusted $30. Nei $70 for a 4 cav and last the RCBS $50. Just my two cents worth. Good luck might get $20 more for the NEI and RCBS if you include the handles.

Boolit Master
    Your spot on with the Lee molds. I don’t think the mold with all the rust is going to be worth much more than that. All in all they don’t look like they are in the best of shape. It’s kinda hard to tell from the photos. I might be interested in taking a chance on the RCS 30-115 if he decides to sell. It would have to be the right price. Some more info On each individual mold such as size and number of cavities, and some better photos would be helpful
    Long, Wide, Deep, and Without Hesitation!

Sorry, that's what he sent me. He sent a short video on his cell phone of the 6 cavity and there are so many scratches on it I couldn't see any markings, looked like a round ball dual lube groove, MAYBE a .45 caliber boolit, but without seeing it in person and miking it, I dunno. I am certain the handles would go with everything pictured - he has no use for molds. Knowing him he might just dump the whole package at once.
    The 30-115 is a two cavity. The rusted one without handles...I am missing a picture, it's a 45 caliber, can't remember the weight, (I am not on the home computer), and it's an RCBS as well. The NEI is the 4 cavity 425-458. The Lee 45ACP one is a two banger and the mystery one is, of course, a 6.

I guess he is probably going to dump these as a unit, we'll see.