Reloading EverythingTitan ReloadingWidenersRotoMetals2
Inline FabricationLoad DataLee PrecisionRepackbox
MidSouth Shooters Supply Snyders Jerky
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Newbie looking to start loading 20 guage defense loads...

@bakerjw yes sir, that is Mars Hill NC! Love that I found someone close by so fast! Maybe you can tell me some good shops to get supplies from in the area! I didnt even consider asking BPI about loads. This site is unique for sure... I love it! I have purchased a buckshot/slug loading manual as well as just a general shotgun loading book. Now I just need the mail to come in, and score some POWDER! Where do you buy your powder in our area? @ghosthawk I have already done the push test with a single ball and double ball in in a shotcup(not the cups I plan to use, just one I had on hand) and they popped through just fine. I'd imagine I could have even upped the ball size a little, but I just happened to score the .562 mold cheap! I'll be sure to do the push test again with the intended shot ups when they arrive. I'm super pumped to test some buck and ball loads! My questions will start flowing like a river once I have the stuff to get started in front of me! Thanks again for the help!
    Jim Brown

Boolit Master
    Is your .562 ball a snug fit in your wads ?

Boolit Grand Master

The question I have is will two of those balls fit in the wads you have? I seem to remember the 20S1 having a decently long shot cup, that may work. Yes you should be able to safely shoot them, the trick will be getting them to fit right. Bluedot is a phenomenal powder for all full power ammo. It is my all time favorite.

Boolit Master

The .575" ball will be a better fit, but in either case you can always make up a paper sleeve or two to wrap around them, cylindrically. Load the wad, place the paper cylinder, load the balls. The "patch" flies off at muzzle exit when the wad opens up. Keeping the balls centered in the bore will aid accuracy.
    "We take a thousand moments for granted thinking there will be a thousand more to come. Each day, each breath, each beat of your heart is a gift. Live with love & joy, tomorrow is not promised to anyone......"

unknown

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12