Reloading EverythingLee PrecisionTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters Supply
WidenersLoad DataInline FabricationRotoMetals2
Repackbox

Thread: A new to me CZ 527, in 6.5 Grendel, shooting it after bedding and load development.

Boolit Master

A new to me CZ 527, in 6.5 Grendel, shooting it after bedding and load development.

I recently acquired the CZ from a friend, who never keeps anything long. It was in pristine shape, with the ugliest stock, i have ever seen on a CZ. It is beechwood, with a grey finish, that looks like old barn lumber. I got 2 boxes of federal ammo, and a few rounds of Hornady with it. My buddy told me he was not impressed with it. It had a Burris 4.5 x14x50, duplex reticle. The first few rounds of Hornady averaged an inch. Then I switched to federal fusion, 120gr and promptly shot a 3 inch 3 shot group. I settled down and shot 3 shots, this time just under 4 inches. I stopped and took it in the shot to tear it down. I expected it to have some type of bedding, or bedding block, but nothing. The screws were loose that hold the action also, and you could see where the action had been moving slightly. Also the barrel was hitting the stock on both sides. I sanded the barrel channel out and sealed it with some spray lacquer. I then bedded the action from the front of the mag to the end of the chamber, and bedded the steel pillar that the rear action screw goes thru, as it was loose. I cleaned it up and shot it today. The federal 120 grs went into 3/4" at 100yds. I zeroed it dead on, then tried the 85gr Sierra HP's i had loaded. I shot a hole, then started shooting at it, 5 shots left me with a ragged hole, half the size of a dime. I then tried 2 3 shot groups of Sierra 120 SP. The first 3 went into about .285, and the next 3, a different load went into 1/2". I shot 3 more of the first 120gr load and repeated the group. I am done with load development, as I cant shoot any better than this rifle is shooting, I will try to get someone to post pics.

I love it when a plan comes together.
    In school: We learn lessons, and are given tests.
    In life: We are given tests, and learn lessons.

OK People. Enough of this idle chit-chat.
    This ain't your Grandma's sewing circle.
    EVERYONE!
    Back to your oars. The Captain wants to waterski.

You fixed it, Koger! What a neat little deer and pig gun- basically a .250 Savage in a smaller package. I'm posting these pics you sent as requested.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    I picked up 2 CZ in 6.5 Grendel 1 new a varmint version that had to go back due to feeding problems the other used in a Boyd's stock that. Is a spotter version,both shoot very well. May try one with cast boolits once I heal up a bit from hernia surgery.

Boolit Master
    Good on you!

I would not let your friend know how quickly you solved the problem as he will want the rifle back!

Three44s
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret4207

“There is more to this than dumping lead in a hole.”

Boolit Buddy
    Neat story! Great job!!!
    I've been wondering about this model & caliber combo. I really like CZs!