RotoMetals2Snyders JerkyReloading EverythingInline Fabrication
RepackboxLee PrecisionLoad DataMidSouth Shooters Supply
Titan Reloading Wideners
Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Are we living in the end times?

Boolit Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by Nines&Twos View Post
    It certainly does. This one is a tough pill to swallow.
    There was a time when i was younger, I wouldn't argue it...I find I have little more compassion for people than i thought possible.
    First off...we know everyone that goes in the lake of fire is blotted out of the book of life. There could be something to that blotting out. It would have to involve those that overcome as well. How will you be able to enjoy ...or even endure an eternity if your old neighbor who was a pretty good ole fella but never believed on Christ.....is over there sizzling like greasy meat in a cast iron skillet? I think we will get briefed when we get there and will have no feelings of injustice in the next life
    Revelation 21:4
    4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

One must be careful not to question our Father here....but...that neighbor has to endure what some mass murdering sicko has to suffer? I think there is different levels of punishment as the LORD stated to Pilate... John 19:11 Jesus answered, Thou couldest have no power at all against me, except it were given thee from above: therefore he that delivered me unto thee hath the greater sin.

Revelation 20:10 seems cut and dry....but who is it addressing? All who those who go in the fire or just Lucifer and his failed regime? Revelation 12:11 is actually talking about folks who have taken the Mark of the Beast etc.
    Also Revelation 21:8
    8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

There's also an acrostic in Psalms that refers to the wicked being like fat on a spit..when it hits the fire...it sizzles, turns to smoke and goes up into the air forever. Acrostics are difficult for people with zero linguistic education (me) to really put much into. I always try to let crystal clear scripture define looking through a glass, darkly scripture

Wisdom says just skip the fire altogether and that's my plan but all of God's word is to be studied and understood if possible. Amen! Our education never ends until we shed this meat suit. This subject has certainly been wrenched on by some religions I won't name and fictitious works like Dante.

I've had another thought but it's a bit ..fringe maybe? Bordering on absurd. In the beginning there was God, The word and wisdom. He spoke and nothing became SOMETHING. (That's what atheistic science can't wrap their feeble noodle around) .....God is a consuming fire. It's no step for him to speak again and something becomes NOTHING. See where I'm going?....just a thought...one I should probably leave alone.
    Well, those are my thoughts anyway.

End times... It's passed time that Christians study about living and dying under the rule of anti-Christ.

Quote Originally Posted by Good Cheer View Post
    End times... It's passed time that Christians study about living and dying under the rule of anti-Christ.
    Very true.
    There was a time when I thought an NBC rated bunker and years worth of preps were the goal. What a waste of time....EVERYONE should have a few months worth of food on hand. Some silver coins to barter with is not a dumb idea. Most else is a waste.
    Personally, I find the idea of sci-fi propagated, totalitarian......take the implant or die....anarchy in the streets...death and total psychopathy to be silly. Lucifer is significantly smarter than that and no one will fall for the 'serve the system or die' we've been led to see in our minds.

Anti-Christ will come in peacefully and prosperously with all the answers. The world will love him. Many will be deceived...How many times did Christ and the apostles warn us? It's hard to deceive people with the sword but his lies will get the job done.

As you say GoodCheer..PAST time to study. Only those who have read WITH UNDERSTANDING will see him for what he is. 2nd Timothy, Study to show yourself approved. Pray, study, watch....pray some more. Ask our Father for the Key of David.
    He that dasheth in pieces is come up before thy face: keep the munition, watch the way, make thy loins strong, fortify thy power mightily. Nahum 2:1

Boolit Master
    "Oh, that salvation for Israel would come out of Zion! When the Lord restores the fortunes of his people, let Jacob rejoice, let Israel be glad."

Psalm 14:7 (E.S.V.)

exile
    "There is not a single instance in history in which civil liberty was lost, and religious liberty preserved entire. If therefore we yield up our temporal property, we at the same time deliver the conscience into bondage." --John Witherspoon, The Dominion of Providence Over the Passions of Men. 1776

"The words of the Lord are pure words, like silver refined in a furnace on the ground, purified seven times." Psalm 12:6 (E.S.V.)

Boolit Master
    "I saw thrones on which were seated those who had been given authority to judge. And I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded because of their testimony about Jesus and because of the word of God. They had not worshiped the beast or its image and had not received its mark on their foreheads or their hands. They came to life and reigned with Christ a thousand years. (The rest of the dead did not come to life until the thousand years were ended.) This is the first resurrection."

Revelation 20:4-5 (NIV)

exile
    "There is not a single instance in history in which civil liberty was lost, and religious liberty preserved entire. If therefore we yield up our temporal property, we at the same time deliver the conscience into bondage." --John Witherspoon, The Dominion of Providence Over the Passions of Men. 1776

"The words of the Lord are pure words, like silver refined in a furnace on the ground, purified seven times." Psalm 12:6 (E.S.V.)

When reading Jeremiah about Babylon do you look at the Babylon, the hammer of the whole earth, of the end times?

Quote Originally Posted by Good Cheer View Post
    When reading Jeremiah about Babylon do you look at the Babylon, the hammer of the whole earth, of the end times?
    Yes. I believe history repeats itself by the Hand of God. He teaches us through types and repetition. Ecclesiastes 1:9 The thing that hath been, it is that which shall be; and that which is done is that which shall be done: and there is no new thing under the sun.

Most of the major calamities the Tribes of Israel dealt with; and even before Abraham...they will be again. Even the flood...though it will not be water...the bulk of the world will drown in the last days from a flood of lies. Hard to argue against that...watch tv or surf the web.
    I've mentioned it before and it's one of my favorite reads...Ezekiel 24 will tell you what our Father thinks of...and will do with that filthy mixing pot known as Jerusalem. Before Christ will return there....it will be getting a thorough enema.
    He that dasheth in pieces is come up before thy face: keep the munition, watch the way, make thy loins strong, fortify thy power mightily. Nahum 2:1

Good morning Nines&Twos.
    About thirty years ago I became aware of the prophetic foreshadowing present in scripture and I think that part of Jeremiah is exactly that, that the treatment in store for the Babylon of the end times is being shown to us. In this generation of the fig tree the words from God recorded by Jeremiah give me shivers in contemplating the fate of my country. And I wonder at times if His call to come out of her is to be taken as physical as well as spiritual, but then I am assured that by His hand the way into the home we live in was specifically prepared to put us here because we lived through the intercession. So yeah, whatever the future holds for us, here we are in faith having confidence in His intent, whether we yet have greater tasks to fulfill or considering our advanced age are now only preparing a place for others who have yet to come out of Babylon.
    I've come to suspect sir that you have a boots on the ground Christianity that's participatory practical reality rather than confined to theological musings and that such will shortly be of inestimable value.

I've had the feeling the US may be Babylon but I'm still not 100% convinced. There sure is a lot of confusion in our land though so the case gets stronger every day. How would Jeremiah have responded to the knowledge of a land that can't tell the difference between male and female? You can spit on Jesus but don't you dare point a finger at ishmael and the swarming locusts he has for sons.

I do take very much to a boots on the ground point of view. I have never been called. I have not heard the voice of My Father...audibly. I DO know I lived a borderline Godless lifestyle for 2 decades....I woke up one morning, wiped three layers of dust off a King James and that day I tossed a fistful of vices in the trash, cold turkey, with zero withdrawal or desire to have them back. I sobered up to realize that I was starving to death. I've been like one of those ASPCA commercial dogs on a steak ever since with no signs of getting full. Again, I have not been called for any purpose and have no delusions of self importance but the word 'Intercession' has a serious meaning to me now. I am RIGHT where he wanted me...WHEN he wanted me. Clearly I was not ready before. My Father's timing is flawless.
    I don't want the wrong idea to be had of me, I DO care about our country but honestly, I only REALLY care about the will of my Father. If it's HIS will this land be New Babylon....Let her rip.

Boolit Buddy

Matthew 24:32
    32 Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When his branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer is nigh:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Young Fig Tree.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	35.9 KB 
ID:	324188

One of my Young fig trees...
    Branches are tender and it is getting ready to put forth leaves. Summer must be near!

The parable of the tares is the one, if you don't get, you won't understand any of Jesus's parables....BUT, the parable of the fig tree is the deepest. When you think you have it, there's more to it. From the good & bad figs of Jeremiah, to the fig wasp to the garments that covered Adam & Eve's private parts. I love it. You can take it to the molecular level and still find meaning.

You grow fig trees...that's awesome.

Boolit Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by Nines&Twos View Post
    The parable of the tares is the one, if you don't get, you won't understand any of Jesus's parables....BUT, the parable of the fig tree is the deepest. When you think you have it, there's more to it. From the good & bad figs of Jeremiah, to the fig wasp to the garments that covered Adam & Eve's private parts. I love it. You can take it to the molecular level and still find meaning.

You grow fig trees...that's awesome.
    I was looking at the fruit tree blossoms and the fig trees budding this morning and thought the picture would fit in perfect with the "Are we living in the end times" thread.
    I am glad you made the connection.

Yes I grow 3 or 4 different species of figs.

I can also grow some pretty mean tares where my vegetables are suppose to be...

Boolit Buddy

I'll share a little story (parable) from Greg (me) that is not from the bible (just to be clear) but just an experience of last year that I pondered.

So last year we started off with an unusually warm and early spring. This warm weather got all the trees to bloom and bud. Then came a very cold snap in the weather... a real pipe busting hard freeze.
    So the result was all the blossoms got torched and thus no apples, pears, plums, cherries etc. for the year.

The odd thing was the Fig trees died off clear back to the ground... I am talking dried bone dead all the way to the ground.
    So I thought all was lost and that I would need to plant a new little fig grove...
    BUT, as the summer came in... new shoots popped up from "the root" and replaced all the dead stock with beautiful new fruit producing growth.

That very fascinating Fig tree!!

It caught us too. Had pears and grapes but the peaches didn't make a bit.
    The way the weather is now I'm thinking maybe should get the taters in the ground.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Alabama358 View Post
    I'll share a little story (parable) from Greg (me) that is not from the bible (just to be clear) but just an experience of last year that I pondered.

So last year we started off with an unusually warm and early spring. This warm weather got all the trees to bloom and bud. Then came a very cold snap in the weather... a real pipe busting hard freeze.
    So the result was all the blossoms got torched and thus no apples, pears, plums, cherries etc. for the year.

The odd thing was the Fig trees died off clear back to the ground... I am talking dried bone dead all the way to the ground.
    So I thought all was lost and that I would need to plant a new little fig grove...
    BUT, as the summer came in... new shoots popped up from "the root" and replaced all the dead stock with beautiful new fruit producing growth.

That very fascinating Fig tree!!
    I have Fig trees and they always start with new growth from the roots, too much cold for the old growth to survive the winter and they are supposed to winter hardy.

Boolit Master
    "All the ends of the earth shall remember and turn to the Lord, and all the families of the nations shall worship before you. For kingship belongs to the Lord, and he rules over the nations."

Psalm 22:27-28 (E.S.V.)

exile

Boolit Master
    "And I will pour out on the house of David and the inhabitants of Jerusalem a spirit of grace and pleas for mercy, so that, when they look on me, on him whom they have pierced, they shall mourn for him, as one mourns for an only child, and weep bitterly over him, as one weeps over a firstborn."

Zechariah 12:10 (E.S.V.)

exile

Boolit Master
    "These all died in faith, not having received the things promised, but having seen them and greeted them from afar, and having acknowledged that they were strangers and exiles on the earth. For people who speak thus make it clear that they are seeking a homeland."

Hebrews 11:13-14 (E.S.V)

exile

Boolit Bub
    A brand new member here. Been visiting for years, mostly in the other sub-forums.
    But as I'm older and shoot much less I've found myself spending almost all the time in this forum.
    For many months I fought against the Holy Spirit to join and perhaps contribute, but the voice of the Lord would not leave me alone, so I made the decision to join-in.
    I've been a student of Biblical Prophecy for many years, my father having written a book on End Times many years ago.
    So, I thought I'd share a few thoughts on where we are today as relating to Scripture.
    First off, I preposition this from a position of believing in a Pre-Trib Rapture, others disagree, that's ok, it's not a salvational issue, and there are certainly many other issues that cause disagreement among believers.
    Anyway, and to meander a bit around a few things;
    Yes, we certainly are in "end times", in God's timeclock we're only a few minutes from "Until the time of the Gentiles be fulfilled"
    Those who think that the Rapture or the Second Coming are decades away are sadly misinformed, there are even many believers who in their hearts don't want to leave this earth, they want to see their kids/grandkids grow up, that's understandable, but it doesn't change God's plan.
    The "Fig Tree" generation? Well, the Ottoman empire ruled what we now call Israel for some hundreds of years.
    There were always Jewish people who stayed in that land, even though they be few in number.
    The Ottoman rulers didn't tax the people directly, what they did do is tax the number of trees that a farmer had on his land.
    So, over time the farmers simply cut down all their trees, (no more fig trees,).
    We think of Israel "becoming a nation" in 1948,,, not quite so, yes, the UN gave them the land in 1948.
    The first of the large groups of settlers after WWII ended arrived in 1946, among the first things they did was to plant fig trees.
    The Scriptures tell us that "You shall not eat of the fruit until the 4th. year", well guess what, on Jan 1st. 1950 Israel adopted their constitution and became a "real" nation, and it had been 4 years since the trees were planted.
    Jesus told us that "This generation shall not pass away until ALL these things be fulfilled", (emphasis mine).
    Ok, what is a generation? Psalm 90 tells us that, "Three score and 10 years, or by reason of strength 80", (paraphrasing).
    Let's think about a couple of other things.
    We all have heard endless talking about the Gog-Magog war in Ezkiel 37>38, and the "War of Armageddon", (It's really not a "war" at all, Jesus sets foot on the mountain and destroys all of them in a short time frame).
    But, before their is a Gog-Magog there is the war we refer to as the "Psalm 83" war. It's not a "Psalm of David", it's a prophecy written by Asaph, and it hasn't yet been fulfilled, (Israel is in that war now, Gaza is the beginning).
    See, the countries that are listed by their ancient names are today, (with one exception,) countries that share a border with Israel; Lebanon, Syria, Egypt, Jordan, (the southern/western portion of Iran was called "Elam", and today's Iran is the head of the snake that furnishes all the money and supplies).
    Gaza is just the beginning of this war, and when it's "Katy bar the door", Israel will do what Isaiah 17 and Jeremiah 49 tell us.
    That Damascus, the oldest continuously inhabited city in the world will cease to exist, "they will go to bed at night and in the morning the city is no more". Gone in one night.
    No surprise, one of the generals in Israel said a few months ago, "We have to use nukes before it's too late", and they will.
    The city of Ammon will go away too, Israel will win this war and take over land and expand their territory.
    Now Israel, after 3,000 years, (since King Soloman,) finally feel "Peace and Safety" within their land.
    But alas, that feeling is short lived, "When they say peace and safety, sudden distruction shall come"
    Now we get to Gog-Magog, as opposed to countries that shared a border with Israel, none of the Gog-Magog countries share a border.
    Remember the passage, (paraphrasing,) "I shall put a hook in his mouth and draw him down"?
    Right, old Gog already has the hook in him that God told us about, how's that you say?
    Well, for the first time in recorded history Russia has now entered into a compact with Iran and Turkey, their already sending more forces into Syria and by golly, even to the West Bank.
    Yes sir, each day that goes by witness's further fulfillment of end times Prophecy.
    When the winter rain-soaked ground dries-up to allow tanks and heavy equipment to move you guys be watching carefully to what goes on in the Middle East.
    Oh, in the Psalm 83 war, the IDF wins, (with God's hand).
    In the Gog-Magog war God does the fighting and destroys the invading forces.
    Sorry my first post was so long.

Welcome back Bowdrie.

Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920 LastLast