Reloading EverythingWidenersRepackboxTitan Reloading
MidSouth Shooters Supply RotoMetals2
Page 1 of 19 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Are we living in the end times?

Boolit Master

Are we living in the end times?

Will time as we know it come to an end?

What are some indications that time might be coming to an end?

If time does come to an end, can we escape the consequences of this event?

What does the Bible have to say on this subject?

What do you think?

exile
    "There is not a single instance in history in which civil liberty was lost, and religious liberty preserved entire. If therefore we yield up our temporal property, we at the same time deliver the conscience into bondage." --John Witherspoon, The Dominion of Providence Over the Passions of Men. 1776

"The words of the Lord are pure words, like silver refined in a furnace on the ground, purified seven times." Psalm 12:6 (E.S.V.)

Boolit Grand Master
    End of times will affect the whole world. So what is happening here, while important to us, is not a harbinger of the end. The virus is bad but not that bad.

The deterioration of the USA, is not the end of times.
    Don Verna

Moderator Emeritus

Sometimes I think the end is very near.
    ...BUT it's said the Lord will return like a thief in the night, and like a thief, we won't know when that is.

Also, I've read that many other peoples in many other times, have thought they were living in the end times too.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Boolit Master

No man shall know the day or the hour.

Only way out for sure is to have a solid relationship with the Lord your God. If he says your saved, chances are pretty good I'd say.

When the last trump sounds that is the ONLY way.

So the question is, are we that close?

IMO we could be. I'm ready, are you?
    I truly believe we need to get back to basics.

Get right with the Lord.
    Get back to the land.
    Get back to thinking like our forefathers thought.

May the Lord bless you and keep you. May the Lord make His face to shine upon you and be gracious unto you
    and give you His peace. Let all of the earth – all of His creation – worship and praise His name! Make His
    praise glorious!

Boolit Master

Read Mathew 24 on. We have a bit to go, but not much. Everything is in place for the last parts of the Bible to take place.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by exile View Post

Yes

Will time as we know it come to an end?

Yes

What are some indications that time might be coming to an end?

Every year I get a year older. Every thing I eat winds up crap. I don't know how I'm going to get out of this world alive!

If time does come to an end, can we escape the consequences of this event?

No

What does the Bible have to say on this subject?

Some

What do you think?

The end of days is irrelevant to me! My "days" end and my eternity is locked whether judgment day is the year after I leave this realm, or ten thousand years into the future! Be wise in this life, it's a one shot deal!

exile
    I answered in the ops quote.

Boolit Buddy

Ezekiel’s prophecy of the dry bones coming back to life were fulfilled when Israel became a nation again, in May of 1948. That was the biggest prophetic event in the last 2,000 years.

There are seven church ages, detailed in Revelation chapters 1-3. The last age being the church of Laodicea. In chapter 4, John is commanded to “come up here” and enters heaven, which is representative of the rapture of the church. Note that after chapter 3, the church is no longer mentioned in the Bible, except for a brief epilogue at the end.

After the wrath of God is fulfilled, Jesus Christ reigns on earth for 1,000 years and the devil is restrained during that time. There will be peace on earth and no death. After that 1,000 year reign of Christ, the devil is released and there is a final battle. Then comes the end of time and the beginning of eternity.

Read your Bible. (Basic Instructions Before Leaving Earth.) Study the books of Ezekiel, Daniel, Joel and Revelation, as well as Matthew chapter 24. But especially Revelation. It comes with a blessing for reading it.
    “If we lose freedom here, there is no place to escape to. This is the last stand on earth.” - Ronald Reagan

Boolit Master
    Personally I believe that a lot of what was foretold in Revelations came to pass in the century or so after Jesus ascended. A little over 100 years ago, pre WWI, people were saying the same thing as they are these days. Then again pre WWII.

Now as for what is going on here in the states. For many many decades, the US has been the pinnacle of freedom and opportunity. With the divide in this country where one side wants Marxist policies, an end to capitalism and capitulation to lawlessness, I see a bleak future full of suffering ahead.

Boolit Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by bakerjw View Post
    Personally I believe that a lot of what was foretold in Revelations came to pass in the century or so after Jesus ascended.
    Actually, the events such as those in Revelation chapter 8 & 9 have not yet happened in human history.

The Trumpets

6 Then the seven angels who had the seven trumpets prepared to sound them.

7 The first angel sounded his trumpet, and there came hail and fire mixed with blood, and it was hurled down on the earth. A third of the earth was burned up, a third of the trees were burned up, and all the green grass was burned up.

8 The second angel sounded his trumpet, and something like a huge mountain, all ablaze, was thrown into the sea. A third of the sea turned into blood, 9 a third of the living creatures in the sea died, and a third of the ships were destroyed.

10 The third angel sounded his trumpet, and a great star, blazing like a torch, fell from the sky on a third of the rivers and on the springs of water— 11 the name of the star is Wormwood.[a] A third of the waters turned bitter, and many people died from the waters that had become bitter.

Revelation 9

8 A third of mankind was killed by the three plagues of fire, smoke and sulfur that came out of their mouths. 19 The power of the horses was in their mouths and in their tails; for their tails were like snakes, having heads with which they inflict injury.

20 The rest of mankind who were not killed by these plagues still did not repent of the work of their hands; they did not stop worshiping demons, and idols of gold, silver, bronze, stone and wood—idols that cannot see or hear or walk. 21 Nor did they repent of their murders, their magic arts, their sexual immorality or their thefts.
    “If we lose freedom here, there is no place to escape to. This is the last stand on earth.” - Ronald Reagan

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder Stick View Post
    Ezekiel’s prophecy of the dry bones coming back to life were fulfilled when Israel became a nation again, in May of 1948. That was the biggest prophetic event in the last 2,000 years.
    I am not a big student of eschatology except for the big picture. I want to point out the following:

The Jews lost the land when they rejected Jesus as the Christ (fall of Jerusalem in 70 AD). The nation was cut off and will not be reinstated until it recognizes Jesus as the Christ (Luke 13:33-35, Romans 9-11). So what changed in 1948 that would prompt God to give them back the land? Absolutely nothing, they did it on their own with the help of the UN. It had nothing to do with Ezekiel's dry bones. Ezekiel's prophecy was in regard to the Jews regaining the land after the Babylonian Captivity--a seemingly impossible event.

Boolit Master

There are seven church ages, detailed in Revelation chapters 1-3. The last age being the church of Laodicea. In chapter 4, John is commanded to “come up here” and enters heaven, which is representative of the rapture of the church. Note that after chapter 3, the church is no longer mentioned in the Bible, except for a brief epilogue at the end.

After the wrath of God is fulfilled, Jesus Christ reigns on earth for 1,000 years and the devil is restrained during that time. There will be peace on earth and no death. After that 1,000 year reign of Christ, the devil is released and there is a final battle. Then comes the end of time and the beginning of eternity.

Read your Bible. (Basic Instructions Before Leaving Earth.) Study the books of Ezekiel, Daniel, Joel and Revelation, as well as Matthew chapter 24. But especially Revelation. It comes with a blessing for reading it.
    Yes and Amen

Boolit Master
    Everyone knows "He will return suddenly like a thief in the night" and "no man knows the day or hour." BUT, few seem to notice that scripture also says that those who pay attention to the "signs of the times" will NOT be caught unawares so it behoves those of us who care to pay attention to world events and not be automatic scoffers. (See Mat 24:3, 1 Thes 5:2-4 and Thunder's excellent post #10)

Virtually all prophecy is preceded by events that casts shadows forward to give the world a taste of what's to come. Several thin shadows of end-times prophecies did occur shortly after the Lord's resurrection but they clearly were not a "fulfilment" of the last days prophecies.

I'm not going to point out all the national and world events we never expected to see but do see, everyday; everyone can see it for themselves on the lying fake news. Indeed, we should all know that tension is building to a world wide break that could very well be setting the world up for the coming antichrist's political entrance.

So, are we IN the last days of the world as we know it? Obviously. But, are we in THE last days? Dunno, but no one can honestly deny that we are rapidly headed that way. Satan clearly has a strangle hold on world wide deep state radicals inside and outside governments and they are determined to end society as history has known it.

There are a LOT of Biblical prophecies still ahead but there are no more prophecies that needs to be fulfilled before the return of the Lord for his church (i.e., the rapture, 1 Thes 4:16-17) so that part of the end times could happen at any moment.

Still doubt? Look at the signs of the times; humanity IS standing on the precipice of a massive rupture and it sure don't look good for those who aren't ready to leave this world and go to Him.

Even so, come quickly Lord Jesus!

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by 1hole View Post
    Everyone knows "He will return suddenly like a thief in the night" and "no man knows the day or hour." BUT, few seem to notice that scripture also says that those who pay attention to the "signs of the times" will NOT be caught unawares so it behoves those of us who care to pay attention to world events and not be automatic scoffers. (See Mat 24:3, 1 Thes 5:2-4 and Thunder's excellent post #10)

Virtually all prophecy is preceded by events that casts shadows forward to give the world a taste of what's to come. Several thin shadows of end-times prophecies did occur shortly after the Lord's resurrection but they clearly were not a "fulfilment" of the last days prophecies.

I'm not going to point out all the national and world events we never expected to see but do see, everyday; everyone can see it for themselves on the lying fake news. Indeed, we should all know that tension is building to a world wide break that could very well be setting the world up for the coming antichrist's political entrance.

So, are we IN the last days of the world as we know it? Obviously. But, are we in THE last days? Dunno, but no one can honestly deny that we are rapidly headed that way. Satan clearly has a strangle hold on world wide deep state radicals inside and outside governments and they are determined to end society as history has known it.

There are a LOT of Biblical prophecies still ahead but there are no more prophecies that needs to be fulfilled before the return of the Lord for his church (i.e., the rapture, 1 Thes 4:16-17) so that part of the end times could happen at any moment.

Still doubt? Look at the signs of the times; humanity IS standing on the precipice of a massive rupture and it sure don't look good for those who aren't ready to leave this world and go to Him.

Even so, come quickly Lord Jesus!
    It's kind of hard to tell. My 2nd stepfather thought very seriously that we were just before the Rapture in 1965. He was training my little brother and I to be his soldiers in the aftermath. I guess he didn't expect to be one of those Raptured. Here it is, 55 years later, and things look about the same to me. I wonder, how many people have felt the same way over the past 2000 years?

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrounge View Post
    .... Here it is, 55 years later, and things look about the same to me. I wonder, how many people have felt the same way over the past 2000 years?
    How many? I suspect a lot of people have felt the same as you for much longer than 2000 years! But, I ask, what does that "prove"? The answer to that is nothing; the errors of the past don't negate the reality of the coming future. Read 2 Peter 3:1-18 and fit it all together for yourself.

Ref. the Rapture, even the oldest, dustiest dead in Christ will rise before the living (1 Thess 4:16)! So, for the Rapture, being alive or dead on that day will make no difference, all believers will rise (1 Cor 15:51-52).

Just for the rest of the story, non-believers of all ages will stay dead until after the Millennial Kingdom. At that point only the "goats" who have rejected Jesus will stand before the Great White Throne for sentencing of the "second death" meaning eternally alive but without any of the good things of God that we all have now and THAT will indeed be HELL!

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by 1hole View Post
    How many? I suspect a lot of people have felt the same as you for much longer than 2000 years! But, I ask, what does that "prove"? The answer to that is nothing; the errors of the past don't negate the reality of the coming future. Read 2 Peter 3:1-18 and fit it all together for yourself.

Ref. the Rapture, even the oldest, dustiest dead in Christ will rise before the living (1 Thess 4:16)! So, for the Rapture, being alive or dead on that day will make no difference, all believers will rise (1 Cor 15:51-52).

Just for the rest of the story, non-believers of all ages will stay dead until after the Millennial Kingdom. At that point only the "goats" who have rejected Jesus will stand before the Great White Throne for sentencing of the "second death" meaning eternally alive but without any of the good things of God that we all have now and THAT will indeed be HELL!
    That was essentially my point. Lots of folks have thought it was real near the end doesn't make it so. We may have to wait until no one worries about it anymore, or it may happen before the end of this day, and in any case it will be a surprise.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrounge View Post
    ... in any case it will be a surprise.
    Welll ... it will be to those who aren't paying attention!

Boolit Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by Ickisrulz View Post
    I am not a big student of eschatology except for the big picture. I want to point out the following:

The Jews lost the land when they rejected Jesus as the Christ (fall of Jerusalem in 70 AD). The nation was cut off and will not be reinstated until it recognizes Jesus as the Christ (Luke 13:33-35, Romans 9-11). So what changed in 1948 that would prompt God to give them back the land? Absolutely nothing, they did it on their own with the help of the UN. It had nothing to do with Ezekiel's dry bones. Ezekiel's prophecy was in regard to the Jews regaining the land after the Babylonian Captivity--a seemingly impossible event.
    That citation from Luke 13:33-35 is Christ speaking of when the Jews would see Him again. Like Romans 9-11, it does not cover the topic of when Israel actually becomes a nation again.

Surely, we cannot know the day or the hour. In Matthew 24, The Lord Jesus Christ does tell us signs to watch for, which do INDICATE that the time is near.

“Now learn this lesson from the fig tree: As soon as its twigs get tender and its leaves come out, you know that summer is near. Even so, when you see all these things, you know that it is near, right at the door. Truly I tell you, this generation will certainly not pass away until all these things have happened. Matthew 24:32-34

The fig tree represents Israel throughout scripture.

Boolit Buddy

Israel – A fulfillment of Prophecy

The fig tree is used throughout the OT to represent when Israel is in their land and right with the Lord. The olive tree is also used of Israel - but is used in a spiritual sense.

I personally believe that many of Jesus' statements are references to the OT, Talmud and Temple that His Jewish listeners knew and were familiar with.

For example John 14:6 "I am the way, the truth, and the life..." Did you know that the gates leading into the temple were called “the way” (eastern gate) “the truth” (Nicantor gate) and “the life” (door into Holy Place)?

Thus, we know that 1948 and 1967 are significant prophetical dates. I believe in the Luke version of the Olivet Discourse where Jesus mentions the times of the Gentiles (Luke 21:20-24). Immediately after, He says to learn of the parable of the fig tree. In the ears of His listeners, they would have tied these two things together. They knew and understood that when "every man sits under his own fig tree" was speaking of the future Kingdom of the Messiah.

This is not an either/or interpretation. It is both/and. The fig tree budding tells us what season we are in. It also tells us that when they Jews are again living in Israel - we will know that the times are near.

If the fig tree parable is meaning the signs, then we truly cannot place ourselves with any accuracy on a time line. If the fig tree in the parable stands for Israel then we can put ourselves within a certain part of the line.

Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When his branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer is nigh: So likewise ye, when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, even at the doors. Verily I say unto you, this generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled. -- Matthew 24:32-33 (see also Luke 21:29-33 and Mark 13:28-30)

There is two different ideas about this parable. The first is that in several places in the bible the 'fig tree' is a symbol of the Jewish Nation. As such this passage indicates that with the sprouting of leaves (rebirth), we know that summer is nigh.

The same thought could be used for the verse in Matthew 21 when Jesus curses a fig tree when he is nearing his crucifixion.

Seeing a fig tree by the road, he went up to it but found nothing on it except leaves. Then he said to it, "May you never bear fruit again!" Immediately the tree withered. -- Matthew 21:19

Could this be symbolism of Israel denouncing the messiah and the result of such denial? I can't say. But if it isn't meant to be such, it's still an interesting thought!

This ‘fig-tree parallelism’ can be carried over to recent history: “It's branch become tender and put forth leaves.“ Miraculously, this tiny nation of Israel is quite prosperous today and they are recorded to have the 3rd largest military in the world. And despite their enemies’ best efforts they don't appear to be 'wilting' any time soon.

I want to pause here for a moment. Like a lot of things with the study of prophecy, we should make sure to look at all possibilities within a passage. As such, allow me to present the following:

The other idea about Matthew 24:32-33 is simply that this passage states that when 'all these things' - meaning all of these signs (that we haven't gotten to yet in this study, including the rebirth of Israel) - signify the beginning of the end.

The main reason for this belief is that the Luke passage mentions the fig tree and all trees.

The other reason here is that Christ describes many things, some of which we know from the book of Revelation occur in the Tribulation. With this in mind, it may indeed be that Christ was talking about THAT generation within the Tribulation. I’ll let you make up you own mind on this issue, but regardless with all we have been studying, it is an exciting prospect in either case.

Before we move on, let’s take a moment to look at the word generation within those passages.

In the words from Matthew, " Verily I say unto you, this generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled. "

Which Generation?

The one that sees these signs.

Isn't that Generation Alive today?

Yes, I believe it is.

How long is a Generation?

GOOD QUESTION!

Is it 50 years? 100 years? Can we define it? Not sure... But I will offer the following obscure Psalm 90 written by Moses. In which Moses writes:

"The days of our years are threescore years and ten (70); and if by reason of strength they be fourscore years (80), yet is their strength labour and sorrow; for it is soon cut off, and we fly away. Who knoweth the power of thine anger? even according to thy fear, so is thy wrath." -- Psalms 90:10-11

Now how is that for curious?

The question now to ask is when did this prophetic countdown begin?

Did it begin with the birth of the Nation in 1948 or the regaining of Jerusalem in 1967? Or is it some other sign Christ mentions prior to his announcement of the final Generation in these passages?

That question I cannot answer, and perhaps we are not supposed to know. All we do know is that we are warned to 'Watch'.

”Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come.” – Matthew 24:42

If it was just these passages to consider with deciding if these are the end times, we would be left with much speculation. As there could be arguments for either side. However, lucky for us, God gives us other signs and warnings to serve as signs to the final generation. God wants us to know and recognize the generation. As mentioned above and several times throughout the New Testament, God wants us to Watch and be ready and lucky for us, he told us in several other passages, what to watch for.

Also considered that the fig tree prophecy could be related to these two verses:

When I found Israel, it was like finding grapes in the desert; when I saw your fathers, it was like seeing the early fruit on the fig tree. (Hosea 9:10)

Then the word of the LORD came to me: “This is what the LORD, the God of Israel, says: ‘Like these good figs, I regard as good the exiles from Judah, whom I sent away from this place to the land of the Babylonians. My eyes will watch over them for their good, and I will bring them back to this land.’” (Jer. 24:4-6)

Could this be about the return of good figs back to the holy land, which happened in 1948?

Mat 24:32 Now learn a parable of the fig tree. When its branch is still tender and puts out leaves, you know that summer is near.
    Mat 24:33 So you, likewise, when you see all these things, shall know that it is near, at the doors.
    Mat 24:34 Truly I say to you, This generation shall not pass until all these things are fulfilled.
    Mat 24:35 The heaven and the earth shall pass away, but My Words shall not pass away.
    G3850
    parabole¯
    Thayer Definition:
    2c) a narrative, fictitious but agreeable to the laws and usages of human life, by which either the duties of men or the things of God, particularly the nature and history of God's kingdom are figuratively portrayed.

Jesus could have said "notice the fig tree, when you see leaves..." He didn't. He said, "Now learn the parable of the fig tree..." This tells me there is more to it than just noticing that all these events point to something about to happen. I believe He used the fig tree on purpose.

Notice that Thayer says of parables that they are often used to explain the kingdom. Every time you see the word kingdom, you can translate that - Jesus Christ's literal reign on earth. The context of Matt 24 is the end times and Jesus is explaining what to look for, as a general landmark so we would know what generation it would be.

So why did Jesus use the fig tree as His example? Remember - when on earth Jesus was a Jewish rabbi and would have used examples well known to Jewish people. A brief survey of the tanakh (Old Testament) shows that when the fig tree is used as a symbol it is in reference to the Jews being in possession of their land. When the fig tree is blooming - the Jews are in Israel and all is right with the world.

Jdg 9:10 And the trees said to the fig tree, You come and reign over us.
    Here, Israel wanted a king like all the other nations. They were finding it too hard to maintain a loose confederacy and raising up a judge every time they were attacked.

1Ki 4:25 And Judah and Israel lived safely, every man under his vine and under his fig tree, from Dan even to Beer-sheba, all the days of Solomon.
    Son 2:13 the fig tree puts forth her green figs, and the vines with the tender grape give a good smell. Arise, My love, My beautiful one, and come away.
    Interesting verse. Speaking of the bride and groom going away when the fig tree blooms. I think it's prophetic.

Joe 1:6 For a nation has come up on My land, strong and without number, whose teeth are the teeth of a lion, and he has the jaw teeth of a lioness.
    Joe 1:7 He has laid My vine waste and splintered My fig tree. He has stripped it and cast it away; its branches grow white.
    Joe 2:21 Fear not, O land; be glad and rejoice. For Jehovah will do great things.
    Joe 2:22 Do not be afraid, beasts of the field; for the pastures of the wilderness grow green; for the tree bears its fruit, and the fig tree and the vine yield their strength.
    Joe 2:23 Be glad then, sons of Zion, and rejoice in Jehovah your God. For He has given you the former rain according to righteousness, and He will cause the rain to come down for you, the former rain and the latter rain in the first month.
    Mic 4:2 And many nations shall come and say, Come and let us go up to the mountain of Jehovah, and to the house of the God of Jacob. And He will teach us of His ways, and we will walk in His paths; for the Law shall go forth out of Zion, and the Word of Jehovah from Jerusalem.
    When the fig tree droops - Israel has been bad - God takes them out of the Land. When the fig tree blooms, Israel is forgiven and in the Land.

Mic 4:3 And He shall judge between many peoples, and will decide for strong nations afar off; and they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruning hooks. Nation shall not lift up a sword against nation, And they shall not still learn war.
    Mic 4:4 But they shall sit each one under his vine and under his fig tree; and there shall be no trembling; for the mouth of Jehovah of Hosts has spoken,
    Israel will be in the Land during the reign of the Messiah.

Zec 3:9 For behold! I will bring forth My Servant the Branch. For behold the stone that I have set before Joshua: On one stone are seven eyes. Behold, I will engrave its engraving, says Jehovah of Hosts, and I will remove the iniquity of that land in one day.
    Zec 3:10 In that day, says Jehovah of Hosts, you shall call, each man to his neighbor, to sit under the vine and under the fig tree.
    When Messiah appears, He will remove iniquity of the land in one day. Then the Jews will dwell in their Land securely.

CONCLUSION

I think it is fairly safe and doctrinally sound to say that the parable of the fig tree that Jesus used in Matt 24 has to do with the Jews dwelling safely in Ha'Eretz (the Land). This is the landmark sign He wanted us to note - when you see Israel again as a nation (1948) - this is the generation that will see all these things come to pass. This doesn't allow us to pinpoint a day or hour - no man knows that - but it does give us a ballpark idea of when to start putting all the clues together. Let us lift up our heads for our redemption draweth nigh!

Boolit Master
    [....CONCLUSION

I think it is fairly safe and doctrinally sound to say that the parable of the fig tree that Jesus used in Matt 24 has to do with the Jews dwelling safely in Ha'Eretz (the Land). This is the landmark sign He wanted us to note - when you see Israel again as a nation (1948) - this is the generation that will see all these things come to pass. This doesn't allow us to pinpoint a day or hour - no man knows that - but it does give us a ballpark idea of when to start putting all the clues together. Let us lift up our heads for our redemption draweth nigh!
    Anyone alive in 1948 is 72 years of age or older. Something like three quarters of the people alive in 1948 have already died. Of Israel's 9 million inhabitants less than a million were alive in 1948. It seems that if your conclusion is correct many of us will live to see it come to pass. Very few of that generation are left. The life expectancy of someone born in 1948 is 67 years.

Tim
    Words are weapons sharper than knives - INXS

The pen is mightier than the sword - Edward Bulwer-Lytton

The tongue is mightier than the blade - Euripides

Page 1 of 19 1234567891011 ... LastLast