Inline FabricationLee PrecisionRepackboxRotoMetals2
Reloading EverythingWidenersSnyders JerkyLoad Data
MidSouth Shooters Supply Titan Reloading
Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Are we living in the end times?

So much for deep theological discussions, hey?

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Good Cheer View Post
    So much for deep theological discussions, hey?
    Maybe I accept some things as concrete and does not need "DEEP THEOLOGICAL" discussion, especially this subject which we know nothing about when it will happen.
    Only God knows.
    That is enough if one trusts God's knowledge.

Concrete? Like Luke 24:32?

Why did He sure that we would know?

Boolit Master
    Concrete? Like Luke 24:32?
    He opened the scriptures so we would know what we need to know like no one knows when the time the end of time will come.
    Only speculate. God isn't a speculator.
    He is a knower and doer.

OK, another disanswer.
    Scripture was pointedly composed to provide for direction as to when.
    Why our creator would do that isn't a mystery.
    Bye.

Boolit Master
    OK, another disanswer.
    Scripture was pointedly composed to provide for direction as to when.
    Why our creator would do that isn't a mystery.
    Bye.
    The Bible give us signs to let us know that times are getting worse and worse and to be on the look out for his coming. Times are getting worse so we must be getting closer than we were yesterday toward the end of time.
    Do you know the year day and hour. I am all ears if you do.
    Last edited by 44MAG#1; 07-03-2023 at 07:23 PM.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by exile View Post
    Are we living in the end times?

Will time as we know it come to an end?

What are some indications that time might be coming to an end?

If time does come to an end, can we escape the consequences of this event?

What does the Bible have to say on this subject?

What do you think?

exile
    when they call evil good and good evil, beware when all the nations go against israel . in the latter days parents will kill their own children

Boolit Master
    KJV Bible. Matthew 24:36
    [36]¶ But of that day and houre knoweth no man, no, not the Angels of heauen, but my Father onely.

Exactly. No one knows the hour or the day. But we are told to learn the season.
    So do that.

Boolit Master
    Exactly. No one knows the hour or the day. But we are told to learn the season.
    So do that.
    That is also in Matthew chapter 24. But what good does it do to worry about it?
    If one is saved one doesn't have to worry about it.
    The key is being saved. If not saved worry if saved don't worry.
    Last edited by 44MAG#1; 07-03-2023 at 10:21 PM.

Being saved is the choice to go with our father rather than the rebellious.
    Paying attention to what He told us is just that, paying attention. And it's important. Discussing it amongst ourselves for edification and understanding of doctrine is important. Precept upon precept, line by line, here a little and there a little as Isaiah so rightly pointed out. It's very important.
    Worry?

Boolit Master
    Being saved is the choice to go with our father rather than the rebellious.
    Paying attention to what He told us is just that, paying attention. And it's important. Discussing it amongst ourselves for edification and understanding of doctrine is important. Precept upon precept, line by line, here a little and there a little as Isaiah so rightly pointed out. It's very important.
    Worry?
    Discussion???? On something that is set by God? It is what it is. Something no amount of "discussion" will solve or change. All one will get is different views based on each person's understanding (of varying degrees) on the time. We are living closer to the end times than we were yesterday and we will be closer tomorrow than we are today and we will be closer next week than we are this week etc. etc. etc. etc. are we not? We have the beginning of the end and eventually the end. We are some where in-between.
    Just like our life. We started toward the end as soon as we were born. Each day is closer to the end. I am real close.
    So I am living close to my "end times".

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by 44MAG#1 View Post
    That is also in Matthew chapter 24. But what good does it do to worry about it?
    If one is saved one doesn't have to worry about it.
    The key is being saved. If not saved worry if saved don't worry.
    .44, I like you. You're an honest, well intended Christian but ... you often puzzle me. Sometimes you post some rational and thought provoking ideas but sometimes you post some disjointed comments that make no sense even from your own positions.

For instance, you approve of some unidentified narrow range of Bible studies but you often end up effectively observing that, "It's all in God's hands so why 'worry' about all them details" and close by suggesting we should stick to the simplistic Christian baby's milk of salvation. Through Paul, God tells us we should do better studying than that! (Heb 5:12-14)

You often restate your conviction that study of end times constitutes "worry" of some sort; I disagree. I'm an old man. I am friends with a good number of amature end times Bible students but I've never met even ONE who trembles in worry about any of it, nor have I ever met anyone trying to set the dreaded days and dates. Yeah, sure, I know some men do that but they are few and, at least within my circles, it just doesn't exist. For those few strays who do live in fears born of ignorance, what point of Bible study do you know of that is NOT sometimes wrongly manipulated by the ignorant blind leading the even more ignorant blind?

I remember my Jr. High school in the 50s had inscribed in stone above the front door, "Knowledge is strength"; that has stuck with me. So far, I've never seen anyone suggesting that "Ignorance of anything is less confusing than learning of everything, so stay ignorant and be strong."

Would it not be best if we all learn the Bible truths of everything better or should we just keep wallowing deeper in our ignorant - and afraid - comfort zones?

We are promised that our God will reveal his plans before they happen in order that we may be comforted in the face of the spiritual rot and adversity we see around us. The least worried Christians I've ever known have been the most well grounded in end times studies.

It seems to me that the most fertile ground for Satan's deceptions is firmly rooted in the Bible ignorance of simple minded Christians drowning in the baby's milk of salvation because they understand so little of what they already know!

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by 1hole View Post
    .44, I like you. You're an honest, well intended Christian but ... you often puzzle me. Sometimes you post some rational and thought provoking ideas but sometimes you post some disjointed comments that make no sense even from your own positions.

NO ONE IS 100 PERCENT RATIONAL AT ALL TIMES.
    THAT I KNOW OF BECAUSE WE ARE IMPERFECT SO IF YOU ARE WAITING FOR ME OR ANYONE ON HERE TO BE 100 PERCENT RATIONAL GOOD LUCK.

For instance, you approve of some unidentified narrow range of Bible studies but you often end up effectively observing that, "It's all in God's hands so why 'worry' about all them details" and close by suggesting we should stick to the simplistic Christian baby's milk of salvation. Through Paul, God tells us we should do better studying than that! (Heb 5:12-14)

WE SHOULD DO BETTER. SO WE DO IT OR DO WE TRY TO TELL OTHERS WHAT GOD SAID
    BY OUR MEASURING GODS CORN IN OUR BUSHEL?

You often restate your conviction that study of end times constitutes "worry" of some sort; I disagree. I'm an old man. I am friends with a good number of amature end times Bible students but I've never met even ONE who trembles in worry about any of it, nor have I ever met anyone trying to set the dreaded days and dates. Yeah, sure, I know some men do that but they are few and, at least within my circles, it just doesn't exist. For those few strays who do live in fears born of ignorance, what point of Bible study do you know of that is NOT sometimes wrongly manipulated by the ignorant blind leading the even more ignorant blind?

THE QUESTION WAS ARE WE LIVING IN THE END TIMES. THAT IS A LOADED QUESTION JUST TO GET PEOPLE MEASURING THAT CORN IN THEIR BUSHEL
    SURE WE ARE LIVING IN THE END TIME BUT WHERE WE ARE ALONG THE ROAD WE DONT KNOW SINCE WE HAVENT BEEN DOWN THAT ROAD JUST LIKE WE HAVENT LIVED OUR LIFE YET. ESPECIALLY WHEN WE DONT KNOW WHERE THE ROAD WILL END.

I remember my Jr. High school in the 50s had inscribed in stone above the front door, "Knowledge is strength"; that has stuck with me. So far, I've never seen anyone suggesting that "Ignorance of anything is less confusing than learning of everything, so stay ignorant and be strong."

IVE SEE SOME PRETTY INTELLEGENT PEOPLE THAT COULDNT POUR WATER OUT OF A BOOT WITH THE DIRECTIONS ON THE HEEL.
    CLICHES ARE OVERUSED.

Would it not be best if we all learn the Bible truths of everything better or should we just keep wallowing deeper in our ignorant - and afraid - comfort zones?

ANYONE HERE KNOW ALL THE TRUTHS? WHO ARE THEY? SERIOUSLY I WOULD LIKE TO TALK WITH THEM

We are promised that our God will reveal his plans before they happen in order that we may be comforted in the face of the spiritual rot and adversity we see around us. The least worried Christians I've ever known have been the most well grounded in end times studies.

THAT MAYBE. BUT HE SAYS OF THE END OF TIME NO MAN KNOWS BUT THE FATHER NOT EVEN THE ANGELS. HE WILL LETS US KNOW.

It seems to me that the most fertile ground for Satan's deceptions is firmly rooted in the Bible ignorance of simple minded Christians drowning in the baby's milk of salvation because they understand so little of what they already know.

CLICHE.
    Synonym for WORRY.
    BOTHER, FRET

Capitals are used to easily see what I have written.
    Last edited by 44MAG#1; 07-04-2023 at 03:11 PM.

Boolit Master
    So just where does the United States of America fit into eschatology?

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Thundarstick View Post
    So just where does the United States of America fit into eschatology?
    ESCHATOLOGY: the part of theology concerned with death, judgment, and the final destiny of the soul and of humankind.

It fits in because people in the US dies, they will be judged because they have a soul that has a final destiny and because we are human we are mankind.
    So it fits. That is all we need to know. Why worry about it if one is saved?

Where does the United States of America fit into eschatology? I've run upon a few different ideas on where the US fits in. It's been interesting over the years to see what the global elites say they want to do and compare my own thoughts to the thoughts of others who have studied them. I don't belong to any of the various organizations but traveled a lot, and charity resale shops were often filled with books that Americans read before their interseine absorbed survivors donated grampa's stuff. And there are a lot of books out there that examine the elites from every direction you could imagine. Their affiliations, their philosophies, their religions, their published thinking, what they've been up to, how they say they want to change the world, you name it. And if you want to say well so what, remember that God uses whatever is available to accomplish His tasks and the elites are there to use. Since the time before this nation was but a gleam in the founding fathers' eyes right on up to today they've left a trail of evidence to be followed. Some of them have intended to serve God and some have intentionally stood against Him but in truth both serve in God's creation.

Some people seem to think that the US is no longer around at the end because they can't find prophecy mentioning it while others publish books and provide lectures on our role according to scripture, some even openly calling the US the end times mystery Babylon. Perhaps some hope that it will be somewhere in the three horns (three of the ten regions)

that the little horn finds it necessary to overthrow; that at least could perhaps mean we stood up against the evil rather than continuing to be used as a weaponized power to push evil on the rest of the world.

Boolit Master
    Doesn't matter. God will do what he will do. He is in control so why worry what will happen?
    Doesn't matter what we limited mind individuals say God has it under control.
    I guarantee he will prevail with his doings.

Boolit Master

"mene, mene, tekel, upharsin"........so it was written and so it shall be done....The name on the border lines don't mean a thing, since they have all fell short.
    “You should tell someone what you know. There should be a history, so that men can learn from it.

He smiled. “Men do not learn from history. Each generation believes itself brighter than the last, each believes it can survive the mistakes of the older ones. Each discovers each old thing and they throw up their hands and say ‘See! Look what I have found! Look upon what I know!’ And each believes it is something new.

Louis L’Amour

The Californios

Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast