Winchester Model 1902, youth size .22 single shot.

My Grand father was a career lawman, and in the early 1950's he got a call about a kid shooting squirrels
in some old lady's back yard.
He went, took the .22 and told the kid to bring his Dad down to the station and get it back.

By the mid 1960's, the kid and his Dad hadn't come to get it yet, and it still sat in the Police property room.
With the mayor's permission, he gave it to me.

I shot it a few times in his yard, but it was worn out. The barrel looked like it had never been cleaned.
With the bolt closed, the bolt handle was so worn where it locked down on the receiver, there was about 1/16th" gap/headspace.

It sort of got forgotten until I realized I actually had two other antique wall hangers to display with it.
I researched it, and by the marking for .22 short, Long, and 'Extra Long', it dates to being made between 1914 and 1926.

I cleaned and true-oiled the stock, polished the trigger guard & barrel, then cold blued them.
I haven't had great results with cold blue, but I was impressed with this project.
I need to find the bolt handle, build up the locking lug part and put it back on, or just make a new one,
but here's where I'm at so far--