MidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataReloading EverythingRepackbox
Titan ReloadingInline FabricationSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2
Lee Precision Wideners
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 00 Buck with Super Lite

No, not at all! Just did a search on Gunbot and came up with NOTHING is all! Mike.

Gunbot is not allowed to scan most of the major shooting supplier web sites! I never trust it to find stock for me.

Grafs has primers right now. Better order. Recobs, Natchez and Midsouth (Rem only for now), too. If you wait like you did between your last post and today, even those may go.

WSL was my powder of choice for trap and skeet loads for many years. Switched to Clays when Winchester discontinued WSL. Wish it was still available.

Boolit Grand Master

Did you ever try it? Yes, it is safe to load buckshot with lead shot data in the right circumstances. In this case, the WAA SL wad has more than enough cushion to self adjust for the added room buckshot needs. Since you mention stacks of 3, I'm assuming you are trimming the petals off. You may also consider leaving the petals, and stacking in 2's, for 8 total. The WAA SL wad may not be ideal for that, and a version with a longer shot cup may work better. I know nothing about WSL powder, but a quick search shows that you may want to back down slightly, and stay in the 15 to 18 grain range.

Boolit Master
    from Alliant web site

Shot can also be a single rifled or sabot "slugs." Slugs and buckshot require unique reloading procedures and crimping. Be sure to follow buckshot and slug data exactly as listed in the data tables

if you email Alliant I'm sure they will give you some good loads

and imrpowder reload data center online has easy to access load data for buckshot
    and ballistic products has buckshot and coyote load data pamphlets with lots of great tested loads

I guess I'm an old phart that likes to do things that have been tried and tested by people who know what they are doing.

ive seen too many accidents in my life by people who thought they would just try something and see how it goes

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12