RepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyPBcastcoTitan Reloading
Reloading Everything RotoMetals2
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: gun prices your area

Boolit Grand Master

gun prices your area

I saw a post from someone here that said they thought gun prices have risen
    went on GB and looked up one my favorite guns a Ruger #1 and what I noticed
    was that on average they have gone up 500.00 since I last looked bought 2 mths ago
    Not really sure the cause but I see alot of people trying to cash in literally on the current state of affairs
    Hows your area?
    Hit em'hard
    hit em'often

At our little local guy, you can't tell any difference now from any other time.
    Cases, shelves, and racks are about as full as they normally are, and prices seem to be the same.

Reloading is a fairly small market here, but the stock of components looks normal too.
    In school: We learn lessons, and are given tests.
    In life: We are given tests, and learn lessons.

OK People. Enough of this idle chit-chat.
    This ain't your Grandma's sewing circle.
    EVERYONE!
    Back to your oars. The Captain wants to waterski.

Boolit Master
    around here its mostly farmers or hunters,so most people stay stocked up.the few local gun stores and sporting goods stores seam to be about normal on prices of guns and components,im sure the closer you get to atlanta the worse it gets

Boolit Master

Local gun shop has some stuff , but he was telling me there is nothing out there for them to order to replenish , as to gunbroker saw a auction for a sks , had it listed as 7.62x39nato , and it was over 1100 dollars , insane .

Boolit Master

Our walmart has guns on sale. My LGS went up on the more popular SD guns. I got my new Canik TP9SFX recently for 495.00 OTD. I think that was a fair price. He always sold the Ruger wranglers for 200.00 otd. And they are still 200.
    One round at a time.
    Member of the NRA,GOA and FAOC. Gun clubs Zerby rod and gun club. Keystone Fish and Game Association.

I was in LGS this morning to purchase some powder, AA#5 $28.00 a lb. Checked gun case 3 cases fairly full, only prices I remember are Glock 19 Gen5 new $550, used 1 right next to the new 1 $550. Lots of powder, in fact I was in there last week and shelf was about 1/2 of what it was today. Primers a good supply but no SP. If I remember right LP's were $43 a 1000.

Les

Boolit Bub
    In Salt Lake area you can find some guns but prices have gone up. As for reloading components, forget it. No powder and NO primers.

Round here things are maybe a tick up, price wise. Ammo is hard to find, and primers, but powder is there. I bought a pound of 2400 a few weeks ago for 28.00.

Boolit Grand Master
    pistols are way up in price at some of the shops and ammo (9mm & 223) is pretty well non-existant now. Did see a case of 223 go for $650 + tax. Farm and ranch store has Ruger Wranglers on sale for $179.

Wal-Mart had a big sale this last week. Saw Savage Axis for $124 and guy behind the counter said a Henry 44 mag was $388 and only lasted a few minutes.

Boolit Grand Master
    couple months ago I saw on GB a Ruger #1 475 Linebaugh for 1350
    now the same gun goes for 1850
    just makes no sense but money is the goal apparently
    I thought 1350 was high to start but now sheese
    Hit em'hard
    hit em'often

Boolit Master
    One of our larger outdoor shops is very well stocked. Their prices are a bit warmer than most but they do have stock. They do have reloading components but 1# of powder starts at $33.00 or more. I can buy 4# at the same price online while paying hazmat.

One other gun shop that I sometimes frequent was very sparse as far as stock goes. I took a friend who was in the market for a first handgun. They tried to convince him that he needed a Glock. SMDH....

Now, Academy sports. I picked up a Savage defense pump there for $208.00 out the door. THAT was a steal IMHO.

Ammunition is another story altogether. BLEAK...
    But FWIW, I have been pumping out 00 buckshot defense rounds like crazy

Boolit Master

I was in my LGS a couple weeks ago. They had plenty of long guns and reloading supplies. All seemed to be about the normal price. They normally have several hundred handguns crammed in the cases. They had less than a hundred but the prices did not seem to be inflated.

The local Rural King has about their normal stock of long guns and about 75% of the handgun stock. Can't tell about the prices since their prices always seem high to me anyway.
    Chuck

Boolit Master
    I was in the local store yesterday. There's a huge shortage of 9mm and .380 ammo around here.

Boolit Buddy
    Purchased a Marlin 45-70 SBL about 4-5 months ago NIB on Gunbrokers for $950. Now the same rifle is selling for about $1,400

I've noticed that high end handguns, Lugers, S&W pre Hillary hole models and Detonic Combat Masters have gone up to where I briefly considered selling mine...

Boolit Master

Our money power has gone down Duh!

I am amazed at what I see Nagant revolvers and Bulgarian Makarovs going for on gunbroker. I doubt I would part with the latter, but the former is something I bought as a curiosity.
    When you care enough to send the very best, send an ounce of lead.

There is small shortage on low end SD stuff. Plastic Pistols, black low end long guns. Price is up on all such stuff. Hunting and Target Guns don’t seem to be affected. In fact there is probably not a LGS around these parts that won’t cut you a good deal on hunting guns, used or new they have in stock. Sales on them are fairly dead. There is small market for rifles in Ohio deer legal cartridges.

Jus looked at a 700 rem in 22-250 close to 600 bucks
    Those who would trade freedom for safety deserves neither and will lose both

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by bakerjw View Post
    One of our larger outdoor shops is very well stocked. Their prices are a bit warmer than most but they do have stock. They do have reloading components but 1# of powder starts at $33.00 or more. I can buy 4# at the same price online while paying hazmat.

One other gun shop that I sometimes frequent was very sparse as far as stock goes. I took a friend who was in the market for a first handgun. They tried to convince him that he needed a Glock. SMDH....

Now, Academy sports. I picked up a Savage defense pump there for $208.00 out the door. THAT was a steal IMHO.

Ammunition is another story altogether. BLEAK...
    But FWIW, I have been pumping out 00 buckshot defense rounds like crazy
    Man you must be shopping at Mahoneys they have always been High.on about every thing.
    I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left.
    Paralyzed Veterans of America

Looking for a Hensly &Gibbs #258 any thing from a two cavity to a 10cavity

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast