Load DataRepackboxReloading EverythingWideners
RotoMetals2Inline FabricationLee PrecisionSnyders Jerky
Titan Reloading MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: Howa Mini in 223 Rem at Cabelas

Boolit Master

Howa Mini in 223 Rem at Cabelas

I was wandering around Cabelas looking at some shoes that I like and saw a rack full of Muzzle loaders and half a dozen Swiss 1911 carbines and a few 96/11 long rifles and saw three Howa Mini bolt action rifles with kind of heavy barrels and camo plastic stocks. I made the mistake of picking one up and it spoke to me. I have begun to think of what I could trade off to get one of those rifles. They want $460 for the rifles, I wish I had been using my Cabelas card to buy gas and stuff to accumulate points . I have a Rem 700 in 308 that I could live without or perhaps a Howa/ Weatherby 06. I may go ask them about trading. Like I need another rifle,, But it did speak to me.
    Quis Quis Quis, Quis Liberat Canes

/////////BREAKING NEWS////////////
    Millions and millions of American shooters and sportsmen got up, went to work, contributed to society in useful and meaningful ways all over the nation and shot no one today! How do they controll themselves?? Experts Baffled....

I LIKE IKE

Boolit Master

I have one in Grendel and like it a aweful lot!! I have shot many sub 1" 200 yards groups with it!!

CW
    NRA Life member • REMEMBER, FREEDOM IS NOT FREE its being paid for in BLOOD.
    Come visit my RUMBLE & uTube page's !!

https://www.RUMBLE.com/user/Cwlongshot
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCBOIIvlk30qD5a7xVLfmyfw

Boolit Buddy
    I have one in 7.62×39 but haven't got to try it out . To many irons in the fire

No Cabelas near me, or I'd check it out. I do have a Mk. X Mini-Mauser that I like a lot. Small, lightweight, .223-- what's not to like?

Boolit Grand Master
    I got mine there a few years ago. $350 IIRC. They are are neat little gun. As we get older carrying around a 10 lb gun gets a bit much. Great gun for a younger person or a lady. You will not regret getting it. Good luck!!
    Don Verna

Spend the cash, never sell or trade away a firearm.
    Regret stings.
    "Everyone has a plan, until they get punched in the face!" - Mike Tyson

"Don't let my fears become yours." - Me, talking to my children

That look on your face, when you shift into 6th gear, but it's not there.

Boolit Master
    I shot one in 7.62x 39 that Buckshot had just bought. I was busting up pig rocks up on the side of the mountain and with very light recoil. As Buckshot said, "you don't really need an '06". They are fantastic rifles with only one problem. Spare mags are unobtainable. Even dealers can't get them.
    A GUN THAT'S COCKED AND UNLOADED AIN'T GOOD FOR NUTHIN'........... ROOSTER COGBURN

Boolit Master
    Long ago I saw a left handed Mini Mauser in 7.62X39 in a Gibson's store at a spectacular price.
    My brother and I got on the subject since a friend of his was looking for a gift for his adult son.

My brother relayed the info to his friend and the guy drove 90 miles to buy the rifle.
    My brother wound up being a local hero for turning up that rare little rifle.
    EDG