WidenersRepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading Everything
Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingInline FabricationLoad Data
RotoMetals2
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Am I getting scammed or is USPS really that bad? Ebay related

Boolit Master

Am I getting scammed or is USPS really that bad? Ebay related

I recently won a MEC Grabber press on Ebay. I paid for it, and within a day it was showing as shipped. Here is my problem.

It was shipped on July 20th from Rochester IL. USPS tracking showed it in Pawnee IL on July 21st. That's it. The original estimated delivery date was July 24th. That was later changed to "Arriving Late but In Transit."

Nothing has changed in days. This package is only going from Illinois to Albany, NY. We're at the two week mark.

My first thought was that I'm getting scammed by the seller and the tracking number is bogus. But, USPS shows it as real. And by the way, I'm going to USPS.com and putting the number in myself, I'm not just clicking the link to track. I would think if the number was bogus I would get a "No such number found" or something like that. Plus, I know USPS sometimes really is that bad. Two months ago I had a Brownells order (which we all know is real) go from Iowa to Albany, and USPS tracking showed it AT the Albany post office, then it was delayed there for over a week!

I need some advice. Can my local post office help if I give them the number?

Boolit Master

packages do go missing, lots of times the employees can figure out what is in the box and it gets removed to a new home.
    if you are ever being chased by a taxidermist, don't play dead

Boolit Master

I hope it was shipped Priority.
    Micah 6:8
    He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?

"I don't have hobbies - I'm developing a robust post-apocalyptic skill set"
    I may be discharged and retired but I'm sure I did not renounce the oath that I solemnly swore!

Boolit Master

Can't tell you how many times i've had that happen - Usually it shows back up in tracking after a day or three. Have had em sit at a hub for 6 days just 30 miles from the house and then all of a sudden just show up. Our Post Mistress usually just shake her head in disbelief. Patience and prayer is your friend . . .
    Being human is not for sissies.

Boolit Man
    You can now file a claim as the receiver of a Usps shipment. Call them and see what’s going on and if it’s not to your liking file a claim.

Boolit Master
    If shipping was parcel post that could be part of the problem. As it was explained to me by my local USPS staffers, if the truck is full the Parcel Post and Media Mail stuff gets left behind, if there is no room in the next truck then the same thing happens. Lots of people getting home delivery from everywhere these days so lots of extra traffic thru the USPS. I've had a few things that took more time than expected, but I still think for the $$ the USPS does a good job. The absolute worst is when a shipper uses the "cheap" UPS etc service where it gets handed off to USPS.

Boolit Master
    Visit the post office and they can usually get a better idea of what is going on than you can. It will be to your benefit to express concern about the delay and not demand they check it for you. My experience with the online tracking is that there are gaps in the travel when using the public access information, but the PO seems to have better access to the details. They may also be aware of unexpected delays along the way. Good luck.

Added: I have received pretty much the same information about how the mail is handled, PP being "space available" sort of thing. I have also had issues where the address label with the zip code was superimposed with the shipping bar code information. Stuff happens. Talk nicely and it will work out a lot better.

Boolit Master
    Yes happened to me many times, I was very concerned the first time it happened to me as well....as stated just go to the local post office and ask about it.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    I bet that press busted through the box and it's laying around on the loading dock. I got one through the post office that wasn't boxed well and the handle busted through. USPS has been hit or miss on several items guys have spoken about here and other forums. I'd contact your local office and see if they can get the ball rolling again. I've watched tracking were the packages went up & down the east coast 2x and never made it to me, 6 or so weeks later it found it's way back to who shipped it in Florida. That same guy in Florida is now waiting 8 weeks for a package of bullets another friend of ours sent him from Ohio which I know was packaged very well. Good Luck

Boolit Master

The USPS tracking is awful. FedEx and UPS will tell you every stop but USPS usually just says "shipped" and then "in transit" until it shows up at your door (or not).

Boolit Master
    I'm betting it wasn't properly packaged. A shotshell press is an odd size and shaped item. I sold one once, partially disassembled to get it in a strong squarish box and took it to the local UPS hub, where they added even more tape to the box. If it wasn't partially disassembled to get it in a reasonable sized strong box and well-padded internally it could have been damaged in shipment. My son worked at a small UPS terminal for several years. I've heard all the horror stories of stuff that wasn't properly packaged.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick L View Post
    I recently won a MEC Grabber press on Ebay. I paid for it, and within a day it was showing as shipped. Here is my problem.

It was shipped on July 20th from Rochester IL. USPS tracking showed it in Pawnee IL on July 21st. That's it. The original estimated delivery date was July 24th. That was later changed to "Arriving Late but In Transit."

Nothing has changed in days. This package is only going from Illinois to Albany, NY. We're at the two week mark.

My first thought was that I'm getting scammed by the seller and the tracking number is bogus. But, USPS shows it as real. And by the way, I'm going to USPS.com and putting the number in myself, I'm not just clicking the link to track. I would think if the number was bogus I would get a "No such number found" or something like that. Plus, I know USPS sometimes really is that bad. Two months ago I had a Brownells order (which we all know is real) go from Iowa to Albany, and USPS tracking showed it AT the Albany post office, then it was delayed there for over a week!

I need some advice. Can my local post office help if I give them the number?
    I bought some reloading books here, and USPS took 4 days to go from the Daytona Beach, Fl, area to Jacksonville, Fl, maybe 100 miles straight up the coast. Once it made it to Jacksonville, another 3 or 4 days here to OKC. It was showing on track for promised delivery until it got to Jacksonville. Then it showed late but still on it's way. If you absolutely have to get something somewhere, take it yourself. If you ship it with ANY of the shipping agencies, you're taking a risk. Since taking it yourself is not practical most of the time, you pretty much have to take a risk. Take two Tums, and don't call me at all.

New Postmaster, new policies and the virus.
    https://www.foxnews.com/us/us-postal...c-revenue-loss

Boolit Master

Depends on where you are and the sections of the country. Right now the post office is being hit with the virus pretty hard. Anything coming into or out of hard hit states is going to be slow. I recently had a package coming from Missouri take 10 days longer than it was projected to be delivered but it did show up. If you sign up to track a USPS package it WILL show you where it is and when it moves from one point to another. You can also get tracking updates sent to your email address but you do have to ask. I have used the USPS for well over 60 years and have only had two packages lost and I received my money back from those two. I have found them to be more reliable than UPS or FedEx. my experience anyway, james

Boolit Buddy
    I ordered a barrel for my Glock from Lone Wolf. Per Mapquest they are 162 road miles from me. The barrel went from them down thru Oregon to Portland, then back to Spokane, on to Wenatchee and finally to me in Moses Lake. Made a big circle around me before it finally arrived.

Also it seems that my latest orders arrive 2-4 days later than the estimated delivery date. A lot of sitting either for sorting or waiting for space on a transportation vehicle is my take on things.
    Last edited by Billwnr; 08-04-2020 at 10:36 AM. Reason: additional info

Boolit Master

Not so long ago...according to USPS tracking...a parcel of cigars required a day and a half to get from Miami, FL to that same USPS terminal in Pawnee, IL then took another FOUR days to travel the 102 miles from there to my mailbox.

Bill
    "I'm not often right but I've never been wrong."

Jimmy Buffett
    "Scarlet Begonias"

I bought a shotgun barrel. It shipped and showed close to me. Then two weeks of none movement and then it arrived. Box was damaged but barrel was not. Mostly though I've received excellent service from the post.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Gone_rabid View Post
    You can now file a claim as the receiver of a Usps shipment. Call them and see what’s going on and if it’s not to your liking file a claim.
    Sorry, but the SENDER buys the insurance and they have to file the claim.
    NRA Benefactor.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrounge View Post
    Take two Tums, and don't call me at all.
    . That's pretty good, thanks for the chuckle.

Vendor Sponsor

You need to go to ebay and look on the item you bought, one of the choices will be "I didn't receive my item" click that and open a claim.

It is likely the box got torn open and/or pieces hanging out or lost etc. I have had usps bring me stuff weeks after it went missing with the packaging materials all torn up, encased in a plastic bag with a "We're sorry" note.
    Got a .22 .30 .32 .357 .38 .40 .41 .44 .45 .480 or .500 S&W cylinder that needs throats honed? 9mm, 10mm/40S&W, 45 ACP pistol barrel that won't "plunk" your handloads? 480 Ruger or 475 Linebaugh cylinder that needs the "step" reamed to 6° 30min chamfer? Click here to send me a PM You can also find me on Facebook Click Here.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast