RepackboxLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading Everything
WidenersRotoMetals2Inline FabricationTitan Reloading
Load Data Snyders Jerky
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Am I getting scammed or is USPS really that bad? Ebay related

ADMIN

unless the item was sent priority mail or express mail all other forms of mailing are delayed.
    It took four days for a package to go from the main hub to my little post office. 14 miles of road travel and typically depending on arrival to the main hub its the same day.

Arrived at 2 am which is typical and it sat there until I filed a complaint four days later.
    Normally my stuff arrives to the main up the evening of the day before its delivered.

Boolit Man

I sell a LOT on ebay and Amazon, so I can say absolutely the PO is having issues right now because of the pandemic. They had a banner on USPS some time back that said they were seeing increased shipping times due to difficulty getting vehicles due to the pandemic. This is to say nothing of riots and violence where anarchy is being allowed to reign in some areas of the country.

Quote Originally Posted by DougGuy View Post
    You need to go to ebay and look on the item you bought, one of the choices will be "I didn't receive my item" click that and open a claim.
    I would not do this without talking to the Post Office. If anything, contact the seller directly because ebay's policies on this are draconian, and if you file a claim prematurely against a good seller, you will be hurting that seller's livelihood due to what is most likely a Post Office issue CAUSED BY THE PANDEMIC. The seller has done their part or you would not have a tracking ID, although it is still ultimately seller's responsibility to get the sold item to the buyer. Meanwhile, USPS has custody of the item SOMEWHERE.

Quote Originally Posted by DougGuy View Post
    It is likely the box got torn open and/or pieces hanging out or lost etc. I have had usps bring me stuff weeks after it went missing with the packaging materials all torn up, encased in a plastic bag with a "We're sorry" note.
    My Birthday card from my dad came to me just like that last year, but I still would not make this assumption without more to go on.

I also would not jump to the conclusion that seller did not package it well. Hopefully you checked their feedback before you gave them money for something, but look again and see if they have previous feedback saying the same kind of thing before you make that assumption. If they have a lot of positive feedbacks, they have likely learned some hard lessons about packing, or they have always done it right. In any event, you don't sustain a lot of positive feedbacks by sending expensive items to buyers poorly packed where they get broken or even lost in transit.

I have delivered packages to the Post Office where they scanned them in and then there was no new information for two weeks. The next status that came was that it had arrived at LAX. WTH it took two weeks to get from San Diego to LA is anyone's guess. After that it was halfway across the country in a couple of days.

I've had other items that didn't get scanned somewhere, so they seemed to suddenly disappear until the next status was "Delivered" or at least arrived at a distribution facility and marked as "Out for delivery".

As a seller, if this seller has good feedback, then I would recommend give them the benefit of the doubt at least while you check with the Post Office. I have had a number of people contact me and ask where is their item, or why has there been no status update for several days. There is no possible way I can know why the Post Office has not updated status on an item that I shipped a week ago. The Post Office can tell you a lot more than I can.

Boolit Grand Master
    I'm wondering whether there is something other than the pandemic problem at work here... I sent a money order from my post office here in CenVA to a vendor in mid-Ohio. It left here Monday and finally got to him Saturday... and this was first class mail, of course.

Meanwhile, my mail carrier bypassed my mail box at the house today and left 3 bills that I had put in to go out today. Now I'm looking at Monday before they go out, and as slow as some of these things have been going, I wonder whether I'll get a late fee assessed.

Froggie
    "It aint easy being green!"

Defund usps maybe they will bring back the pony express
    Those who would trade freedom for safety deserves neither and will lose both

Here's a good, but long, article on some of their other problems besides the virus.
    I can say from experience that taking away the craft worker's overtime is the quickest way to delay the mail. I worked in a USPS Distribution center as an ET maintaining and repairing the processing equip. for 26 years. We rotated from unit to unit so we were well versed in the operation of the whole plant.
    I might add that in general, the postal unions and management are not conservatives.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/busin...igation-dejoy/

Boolit Grand Master

"Subscribe to continue reading". Sorry, but no thank you.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Boolit Master

I can't believe it, but after being MIA for a month (July 25th was last entry on USPS tracking) I got an email Tuesday (8/25) that my package arrived at my local USPS package facility, and it was delivered yesterday!!!!!!

Package was beat to tar, two holes, and generally just all banged up. To be fair, my Ebay seller did just about the dumbest packing job I've ever seen. The item was a MEC Grabber shotshell press. He wrapped it in some big air pocket wrap and jut put it in a loose box. Most of the air pockets obviously popped due to all those sharp edges, and things just got worse from there. I don't know if that contributed to the diversion to la la land.

So who thinks mail in ballots is a good idea?

Bwahhahahaha i think the carpetbagger that thought of mail in ballots ought to be scalped

My package from powder valley hasnt arrived yet either. Been 3 weeks to go from kansas to montana. Pony express had quicker arrival times than this.

Boolit Buddy
    Ordered from midway and was shipped July 17, got it today Aug 27. followed the tracking and they sent it every place but to the local PO went from midway to OK then to MI then to a smalltown in OH then back to MI then to another small town in OH then back to MI then to TOledo OH then to somewhere else in OH then finally to my local PO. "very efficient service". And they want to increase the postage rates!
    BD

Quote Originally Posted by bigdog454 View Post
    Ordered from midway and was shipped July 17, got it today Aug 27. followed the tracking and they sent it every place but to the local PO went from midway to OK then to MI then to a smalltown in OH then back to MI then to another small town in OH then back to MI then to TOledo OH then to somewhere else in OH then finally to my local PO. "very efficient service". And they want to increase the postage rates!
    BD
    I live in North Texas. Had a package go from the Hutchins (Major hub just out Dallas) Distribution Center to the Main Dallas Post office and back (about 10 miles each way) TWICE before they shipped to my local hub (about 20 miles) - then it disappeared “in transit” for seven days. Then it took three days to go from the local hub to my local post office (about 10 miles) where I finally got it in my PO Box.

It took four days to cross America and 15 days to travel from Hutchins to my local post office - 35.6 miles.
    Love somebody today

Boolit Master
    Recent weeks I have had two packages from Midway arrive in 3 days, even though they use that horrible UPS/USPS routine. Takes an extra day. Quite a few packages (more than ten) from other places, all in the 2 or 3 day time frame depending on what part of the country they ship from.

And the 5 or 6 packages we have sent across the country have arrived in 3 days, all USPS Priority Mail.

The Great Plains North of the Platte River
    I've had some odd deliveries with Midway recently too. My order for ( in-stock items) might arrive in 3 days or 2 weeks.

I have a G19 that needs to go back to Glock but I cringe at shipping it right now.

Ive worked at a few mills where you get paid by how much ya accomplished its called piece work i dont know how many know that term was pretty popular back in the day but that would solve alot of the short comings with this fiasco

Kinda like any Gov. job, same ol routine every day, putting up with the public. Unionizing USPS back in the 50's (like all Gov jobs) was big mistake.
    Whatever!

Boolit Master
    I haven't read this whole thread, but my experiences with shipping this year have been horrible. Items lost in the system a month (3 separate items), items being sent up and down the eastern seaboard before finding it's way here (a Brownells order), and items the PO just wouldn't deliver (had to go to the PO twice to pick them up). There are more examples, but I'm just referencing specific items I was watching for as they were for my toys.

I don't know what is going on as last year the USPS was on the ball for me. My carriers are known and polite and the ladies at the PO are the same. I'm not a USPS basher as my mother worked there for 27 years retiring as a Postmaster, but I've seen some bad juju!

All that said, when I've ordered MP Molds from Slovenia, they get here within a week! The last mold got here in 3 days! That's DHL and they must use magic.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234