Titan ReloadingReloading EverythingLee PrecisionRepackbox
MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationLoad DataRotoMetals2
Wideners

Thread: Gas check makers

Boolit Master

Gas check makers

Is there anyone other than Hornandy,Lyman or Sage that makes gas check? I have some 30 cal gas checks that won't crimp on the shanks of my RCBS 130 sp cast bullet. I size them to .312 for my CZ527 in 7.62x39. I measured the shank and it's .285 IIRC. They will slip on but will not stay on even with the bullet sized. Now I thought I bought them from Sage but they don't look the same as they other 30 cal checks I bought from him. The name Gator pops up in the back of my mind is there a check maker by that name?

Dr. Larry Blackmon makes Gator checks and that's about all I use. I've used a lot for 30 caliber and never had the problem you have. I buy mine from Sage Outdoors because the price is right and they always ship same day.

Banned

Lymanns are made by Hornady now. Call or email Sage, he has different checks that are thicker or thinner depending on the shank you have

Boolit Buddy
    Do you know the size/gauge of the check material? This is probably the issue. I use two different size aluminum for my checks depending if they are regular checks or for a plain base boolit.

Boolit Master
    These are copper checks,tried using 3 different size dies ..312,.311,310 checks wouldn't crimp. Shanks measured .286 Noe mold .311 198 sp. Weigh in 195 grs.

Boolit Master
    You could try a drop of super glue in the check and size when dry, I have used this method on one 30 cal mould I have. Regards Stephen