Titan ReloadingLee PrecisionInline FabricationLoad Data
Reloading EverythingRotoMetals2WidenersRepackbox
MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: Ran the SCR at the 3 gun this last Sunday 8/2/20

Ran the SCR at the 3 gun this last Sunday 8/2/20

So Yesterday I ran the SCR in the Rifle stage of our local 3 gun shoot.

I ran 30 round P-Mags with Wolf crap ammo which still runs just fine on most guns.

For those who don't know an SCR is actually a Fightlite SCR which uses a standard AR upper receiver group and barrel attached to a custom lower receiver that doesn't have any of the evil features of an AR. It is essentially an AR mag well and everything behind that is Remington 1100. Conventional stock trigger guard safety etc. AR mags.

We had targets ranging from 5 yards to 150 and you started offhand at 50 yards with a 12345 sequence on 3 targets, 1 shot on the left target, 2 shots on the center, 3 shots on the right, 4 shots back on the center, and 5 shots on the left target. Then moving forward to a pair of three clays at 5 & 10 yards and a barricade with 2 shots on three targets at 150 yards.

Gun ran perfect and I took 31 shots for 27 targets. I was happy

Randy
    Last edited by W.R.Buchanan; 08-03-2020 at 10:15 PM.
    "It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,,It's how well you do what you DON'T know how to do!"
    www.buchananprecisionmachine.com

I've been interested in those since I read about them in American Rifleman. An AR that handles like an 1100 sounds very good to me. How about pics?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Boolit Master

I also shoot one as my rifle in my 3 Gun battery!! Always gets attention. Esp when it "beats" most others.

I picked up a second Rifle this spring. I was set to order just a stocked lower W/ bcg. But found a used SCR with a impressive HB upper for less than lower alone. Inused it in one steel match so far. It ran perfect! It much heavier as I went from
    A pencil bbl to a 1.115" bull bbl!!

CW
    NRA Life member • REMEMBER, FREEDOM IS NOT FREE its being paid for in BLOOD.
    Come visit my RUMBLE & uTube page's !!

https://www.RUMBLE.com/user/Cwlongshot
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCBOIIvlk30qD5a7xVLfmyfw

In order to run these efficiently you need and Ambi Mag Release, as you can't reach the mag button with your firing hand without breaking the grip, and a larger bolt catch. You operate both with your support hand thumb as well as dealing with magazines. All Emergency Reloads are done like Tactical Reloads where you can retain the empty mag and drop it in a dump bag since you have to use your support thumb to release the mag and you've already got your hand around it, you might as well deal with it instead of dropping it on the ground.

I only did one mag change in this stage so it wasn't a big deal. It is important with my gun to make sure you have the mag properly seated as it will reject them if not done correctly.

The trigger on these guns is kind of wonky. There is no wall just before let off. You just pull the trigger and the pressure doesn't change all the way thru and then it releases the hammer. NO warning, you can't stage the trigger. The pull is exactly the same thruout it's travel. There is no aftermarket trigger as far as I know. Fight Lite is in FL and it appears they have been closed lately due to the CV (China Virus) I am working on a fix for this but haven't actually tried it yet.

As far as the rest of the gun it is accurate and for double taps and CQB it works great. It's when you need to do a long shot offhand and need to break the shot at a specific point when the dot is on target, is where the trigger issue shows up.

I also have a 24" barreled Upper for it which is 1:7 with a 1-6 Millet Scope Mounted. I have a Devil Dog Side Charger on that upper as the scope gets in the way of the normal charging handle.

Randy
    "It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,,It's how well you do what you DON'T know how to do!"

Very neat, thanks for the info and pics. I could see one as a quick handling hunting carbine, but that handling costs more than I thought.... oh well!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Boolit Master

The ambi mag button was the first modification I made!! ( I bought the bolt stop with it new.). But if ya dont know that part is WXTRA!!

Im outta room for pics here. ill have to delete some to post new and that would leave old threads w/o pics... Mine is cerokoted Army Green. With a old school short alum float tube. Solid but heavy.

CW

I dont see how to delete old pics. Grr

Im glad to see posts about this fun gun!!

I like mine allot!!
    Last edited by cwlongshot; 08-04-2020 at 09:20 AM.

Boolit Grand Master
    Never heard of one so thanks for posting.

Not a "shot" against it, but trying to learn....At nearly double the cost of an entry level AR, what does it do that justifies the added cost?

I like the fact it does not look like one of those "evil assault rifles".
    Don Verna

For we who came to shooting young (5) and for outdoors pursuits rather than as an adult for work of some kind, this rifle would feel much more familiar and comfortable than the standard MSRs. With it and the ever expanding cartridge options for MSRs, I need to take another look at this genre.
    The first purpose of the Second Amendment is too often overlooked, fostering a liberty of mind and action necessary in the people of a free republic.

“Ironically, the only gun control in 19th century England was the policy forbidding police to have arms while on duty.”
    ~ Don B. Kates, Jr.

Boolit Grand Master FergusonTO35's Avatar
    I think that looks really cool. Ruger is really missing the boat by not coming up with a Mini-14 that is AR mag compatible. I like the Mini, but not so much that I want to keep a separate pile of mags for a gun that won't do anything my M16 lookalike won't do as well or better.
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF, .45-70.

Quote Originally Posted by dverna View Post
    Never heard of one so thanks for posting.

Not a "shot" against it, but trying to learn....At nearly double the cost of an entry level AR, what does it do that justifies the added cost?

I like the fact it does not look like one of those "evil assault rifles".
    Don: first; it is not an Entry level AR. The prices on the complete guns are a bit more than they should be IMHO, but it is what it is. It can be configured any way you want with whatever upper you choose to put on it, and be legal in all 50 states. You can also buy just the lower receiver (what I did) and supply your own AR Upper. I did a Palmetto State Armory 16" Dissipator Upper, and later bought a PSA 24" upper with a 1:7 Twist Barrel for shooting longer ranges.

A regular AR is not legal to own or purchase in CA due to Commie Restrictions placed on them by Idiot Left Wing Legislators. The main list of evil features are, Pistol Grip, Flash Suppressor, and Collapsible Stock. if he gun has a Removable Magazine.

This gun has none of that, so it can have a Removable Magazine. There fore it is considered "Featureless" and totally legal. A Mini 14 is also featureless as is my Keltec SU16. Note: you can have a "Muzzle Brake," but a Flash Suppressor is bad? I told you they were stupid!

These idiots who are making these laws have no idea what they are talking about and so they have to resort to perceived stupid details to include in their legislation which is only designed to make gun ownership a PITB and thus less people will not want to do it. Nobody with a brain listens to or obeys these laws and the Sheriffs want nothing to do with enforcing them. However the laws do exist and do have the effect of scaring the dumb ones away, which can't be all bad?. But this gun is a way to get around them that works well has AR firepower and doesn't end up making the gun into an unusable thing.

Since the gun uses AR Mags and an AR upper Receiver I have all the firepower of an AR but in a "Featureless Package." it also looks good as opposed to some of the stupid looking Workarounds that have been brought to market. Hopefully you have not been subjected to seeing them as they are pretty ugly creations and would certainly offend your refined tastes.

The actual manual of arms is slightly different than the standard AR in the manipulation of the magazines, but other wise the operation of the gun is the same. Safety is a push button at the rear of the trigger guard just like the shotgun.

The Bolt Carrier is cut off just behind the Firing Pin Retaining Pin and an Articulated Strut pivots up and down on that Pin, which in turn compresses the Return Spring that is housed in a tube down thru the pistol grip of the stock. Essentially AR to the Mag Well and Rem 1100 from there back. A Rem 1100 stock will work on these receivers.

Hope this explains this gun, it is an absolute joy to shoot!

Randy

Boolit Master

Good description Randy!

I like mine enough to have bought TWO!!

Legal here in CT too where a AR isnt unless "PRE BAN".

Its like shooting a MINI 14 only one that is accurate.

CW

Banned

sorry you have to go that route but looking at it id bet it feels fine in the hand. Doesnt even look that bad.

Boolit Master

Only "problems" is you grab for the pistol grip that aint there too often.

I "dropped the hammer" on my 350 Legen upper For my "hunting" SCR last week. So I expect to have parts here pretty quickly!! Then start load developement and hunt with it in at least three states this year!!!

CW

CW: we want pics. Randy

I'll be running the Mini 14 this next weekend (Labor Day) at my 3 gun shoot! I have to cycle thru them or I get bored.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by W.R.Buchanan View Post
    CW: we want pics. Randy

I'll be running the Mini 14 this next weekend (Labor Day) at my 3 gun shoot! I have to cycle thru them or I get bored.
    Pics are tough...

I need to get on my lap top and clear my pics outta here.. My PhotoBucket is well its PB and I wont use.

But I made a uTube video and here that is! More For guys Who haven't seen this different rifle. I like it allot and it works well for me. I dont really look at it as a replacement. But as Im "behind enemy lines" and travel into worse places for competitions NOT having a "blk gun" is peace of mind. And when it shoots well and I like it, its even enjoyable!

https://youtu.be/utG0K3ElvlQ

Hope ya like it too!! I do regular casting videos I try to show the molds and what they produce more then "show casting". Sub if ya lik and leave me a comment!

CW

Boolit Buddy
    Sucks you guys have to deal with that. I built a complete Highpower Rifle for around what that lower costs. It does look darn good though.

I like the concept as I have never been a fan of pistol-gripped rifles and shotguns. I was saddened when years ago my agency traded all our nice Scattergun-Tech 870 shotguns with standard stocks in for the factory Remington 870 with the pistol-gripped stocks. I must admit that I eventually got accustomed to the pistol grip on the M-4/16, AR-15 platform and it is very ergonomic but the SCR looks like a good answer for those of us who like the feel of the Mini-14 and the accuracy and magazines of the AR. Wish it was cheaper. Libs will still complain though.

Boolit Master
    I looked at the contact info and found just as you said the maker is in Florida. There is a bunch of small arms makers in that same area now, I have no idea why they are there, must be some county government offering deals to get industry in the county. Keltech, SCCY, Fightlite and several other are in that area, and Knights Armaments are close by.

People seeking Reparations can not attach your property or other stuff in FL.

OJ moved all his stuff there so the Goldman's couldn't get it.

Randy