MidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxInline FabricationRotoMetals2
Load DataReloading EverythingWidenersLee Precision
Snyders Jerky Titan Reloading

Thread: Prayer in school

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master Boaz's Avatar

Prayer in school

I think this is the first time I have ever put up a Trump news story in the Chapel . But I think it's more than worthy to be seen here . School prayer has been a hot topic ever since it was taken away from us . Like abortion we can't understand how it happened or continues . Perhaps we can see a crack of daylight in this new development ! I hope so .

..............https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5IV4OV35Ofg
    Last edited by Boaz; 08-07-2020 at 07:07 PM.
    No turning back , No turning back !

"Like abortion we can't understand how it happened or continues ."

Like all freedoms, this requires eternal vigilance. Unfortunately, we have NOT been vigilant, we have not been paying attention until now, when it is almost too late.
    However, Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid. God will prevail and overcome.

Ephesians 6
    10 Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might. 11 Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. 12 For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places. 13 Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

Boolit Master
    Prayer in public schools means that a Muslim Teacher could lead their class in daily Muslim prayers.

Tim
    Words are weapons sharper than knives - INXS

The pen is mightier than the sword - Edward Bulwer-Lytton

The tongue is mightier than the blade - Euripides

Boolit Grand Master

One of the best bumper stickers I have seen, back when this was a new issue: As long as there are tests, there WILL BE prayer in school.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by dtknowles View Post
    Prayer in public schools means that a Muslim Teacher could lead their class in daily Muslim prayers.

Tim
    That might be a good thing to make people aware of what god the muslims are praying to.

Boolit Buddy

From "Congressional Record — Appendix, pp. A34-A35, January 10, 1963, Current Communist Goals
    https://www.tysknews.com/Depts/New_W...r/comgoals.htm

#28. "Eliminate prayer or any phase of religious expression in the schools on the ground that it violates the principle of "separation of church and state.""
    “If we lose freedom here, there is no place to escape to. This is the last stand on earth.” - Ronald Reagan

Boolit Master
    It seems many states are working on eliminating schools completely!

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Thundarstick View Post
    It seems many states are working on eliminating schools completely!
    States can't eliminate schools. They can stop providing state funding for schools and they could sell property own by the state but any city or town or church or person can open a school. States could make it hard to run a school by passing regulations about health code and credentials sort of like they do for day care facilities but there will always be schools even if they could pass a law that makes schools illegal.

Tim

Boolit Master

I don't see the forcing of non-believers to pray as being a biblical mandate for Christians.

Besides, no one can stop anyone from praying if they choose to. God hears our thoughts.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Ickisrulz View Post
    I don't see the forcing of non-believers to pray as being a biblical mandate for Christians.

Besides, no one can stop anyone from praying if they choose to. God hears our thoughts.
    Of course you are right, they did not outlaw prayer in school they ended faculty lead group prayer in public schools. Faculty lead group prayer is almost forced prayer. I am sure kids still pray in public school. Some of them might even make the sign of the cross and say grace before they eat lunch.

Tim