Snyders JerkyTitan ReloadingLoad DataRotoMetals2
Reloading EverythingWidenersLee PrecisionInline Fabrication
MidSouth Shooters Supply Repackbox

Thread: Probably should keep my mouth shut ?

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master Boaz's Avatar

Probably should keep my mouth shut ?

To those keeping up with the...Reading the bible...thread above . I probably should keep my mouth shut but seem unable to . What I'll say is not theology and only thoughts which might be considered..or not . I'll describe my 'impression' of the first two chapters of what we have read so far after today's reading of chapter 2 . I suffer no illusions that it is an interpretation and only thoughts given to ME !

I'll also relate a couple of occasions or events that have been part of my own personal life that you can take or leave , consider or cast aside . I seek no self aggrandizement nor credit in my telling of those things of long ago . They were decisions made in the moment . So often we are called on to use our own discernment given hoping it is 'right' .

The first chapter of the book of James introduces us to his style of delivery in his message to us . He is short spoken , he gets to the point quickly without wasted words . I like his methodology plain speaking , he to me seems to be restraining himself in written delivery of his words . In person before a group of the faithful I see him in my mind as being much more 'fiery' a speaker . But even in the subdued fashion of his writing he is profound , only providing 'meat' and not milk . His words are not only for the new believer but also to build those with more experience and commitment .

To be continued .
    No turning back , No turning back !

Boolit Master

Amen, Keep up the good word and work of the Lord!

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master Boaz's Avatar
    Well ! the reading of the book of James is finished in the ...Reading the bible...thread above . It might sound silly or of no matter but I enjoyed reading it again this time more . Reason being I knew there were members of the forum reading it with me .

There are no wasted words in the book of James , it is only 5 chapters long . If Paul had written it I believe it would be 10 chapters long . Paul was an elegant and educated man , he was a good speaker . Is it a wonder that GOD chose Paul to deliver his word ? James was a fisherman , James delivers what GOD has given him in his own way. Short , direct , pointed , no frills and just straight truth . Though I have never checked it I believe he uses the word 'you' more than any other author of a New Testament book .

The reader should truly understand he is talking to ..YOU . He speaks directly to the reader . The examples he gives , the situations and the times he speaks of are simple to understand and relate to . There's a lot more to James and his life I won't get into but you might consider studying him .
    No turning back , No turning back !

I particularly enjoyed reading James this time around too. And you sir are correct, there are no hidden meanings, innuendos or obtuse messages in James.
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

Banned

I agree.......maybe you should.

Boolit Grand Master

Be aware too that when you read a Bible organized in historical or chronological order you read the Gospels, a couple verses of Acts, and then James. It was the first letter written. Simple practical lessons for living.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!