RotoMetals2WidenersSnyders JerkyInline Fabrication
Reloading EverythingRepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee Precision
Titan Reloading Load Data
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lee Sizing Dies

Boolit Master

Lee Sizing Dies

The bad news is that Lee has quit making their push-through sizing dies that fit in an ordinary reloading press. They are making something different that requires a special Lee press now. Bummer. I've relied on Lee for a long time.

So, if anyone has a .446 or .447 push through sizing die like Lees or similar, I'd be interested in buying it from you.

I'd also be in interested in one in the range of .363-.365" as well.

Brent

Boolit Mold
    Take a look at NOE push-through dies.

Not according to their website: https://leeprecision.com/bullet-cast...et-sizing-kit/
    Quote Originally Posted by BrentD View Post
    The bad news is that Lee has quit making their push-through sizing dies that fit in an ordinary reloading press. They are making something different that requires a special Lee press now. Bummer. I've relied on Lee for a long time.

So, if anyone has a .446 or .447 push through sizing die like Lees or similar, I'd be interested in buying it from you.

I'd also be in interested in one in the range of .363-.365" as well.

Brent

Boolit Master
    Dapaki,
    Only selling what's in stock. Nothing custom anymore. The sizes I need are not available.

Rust, where do I find NOE?

Boolit Mold

Boolit Master
    Rust,
    I'm finding only the new style of Lee sizing dies on the NOE site.

Boolit Grand Master

I believe LatheSmith will make them. PM him.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance
    The bad news is that Lee has quit making their push-through sizing dies that fit in an ordinary reloading press
    Lee's website says differently....
    https://leeprecision.com/bullet-cast...et-sizing-kit/

Fastest and easiest way to size cast bullets. Standard 7-8x14" threads fit any single stage reloading press
    Regards
    John

Dapaki,
    Only selling what's in stock. Nothing custom anymore. The sizes I need are not available.

Rust, where do I find NOE?
    Gotcha! I didn't pick that up off the OP, sorry.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Dapaki View Post
    Gotcha! I didn't pick that up off the OP, sorry.
    It's not obvious. I swapped some emails with them to find out what was going on. I'm thinking it will be easier to just order a new mould

Well, if that's the case, the NOE push thru sizing set up is better anyways.

With the price of a good used lubrisizer, it honestly makes no sense to not have one. They'll size PC bullets just fine and you don't have to squeeze lube in the grooves if you don't want to.

I've emailed them in the past as well inquiring as to when the custom diameter threaded OD push thru's will be available.

Looking forwards to an answer...

I just went through this with Lee, had been wanting a custom sized push through sizer (.575) but apparently put it off too long.

I emailed their customer service because everything I saw on their site pointed to the new breeck lock style which only went up to .515. The page with the old sizers said they are no longer making the custom sized kits, service rep confirmed that.

I stated the size I needed and was told to go ahead and put the custom size in for the new style sizer even though it was over max and they could still make it, I just wouldn't be able to use the catch bottle made for these because the mouth was too small. I was ok with that and proceeded. A week later I got a call confirming that they could not make that size of any type old or new. The very next day, Lee called again and said the machinist made a "mistake" and did the old push through style at .575. I thanked her and said send it on! So apparently I may have gotten one of the last ones they made, by mistake.

I looked again at the Lee site, I'm in the same boat not wanting to buy new equipment but they have two of the sizes you mention marked as custom over-runs. (446 & 364)

To fit the non "special" Lee press you buy the update kit for ten bucks. https://leeprecision.com/1-1-4-12-bl-update-kit.html
    Then, the breech lock sizing kit for fifteen dollars more, out of stock right now... https://leeprecision.com/bl-bullet-sizer-kit.html

And finally pick the actual sizer and punch you need. I guess its not terrible, once you get the first two parts each additional sizer you add is twenty dollars. I liked the old push through sizers and appreciate now that I didn't have to buy any type of adapters to use them.

Boolit Buddy
    northeasttradeco.com. (570)546-2061 Talk to John. He makes a Lee type for a loading press and a simple push through. Any size you want.

Boolit Master
    Sven,
    I'm not finding those two die sizes you mention (446 and 364) in the overstock.

when I want something from lee, it is always challenging to find it.

The conversion kit won't work on my RCBS - I don't have 1.25 or 1.5" threading.

Ah, why did they make something that was so simple and easy now such a PITA?

Boolit Buddy
    Sven,
    I'm not finding those two die sizes you mention (446 and 364) in the overstock.

when I want something from lee, it is always challenging to find it.

The conversion kit won't work on my RCBS - I don't have 1.25 or 1.5" threading.

Ah, why did they make something that was so simple and easy now such a PITA?
    https://leeprecision.com/bullet-szr-punch-.364.html
    https://leeprecision.com/bullet-szr-punch-.446.html

I'm now very glad I bought a couple of now-old style custom sizers last year before this unfortunate change occurred.
    Last edited by fgd135; 08-12-2020 at 10:48 AM.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by tmanbuckhunter View Post
    Well, if that's the case, the NOE push thru sizing set up is better anyways.

With the price of a good used lubrisizer, it honestly makes no sense to not have one. They'll size PC bullets just fine and you don't have to squeeze lube in the grooves if you don't want to.

I called NOE twice and emailed them as well. No response to messages left. I tried the Northeast trading post suggestion and also did not get an answer. CV19 must be stacking up the body count I guess.

Boolit Man
    I just ordered one of the lee's for my 45-70 and received it yesterday, its one of the "old Style" I guess as it screwed right into my Lyman press. Works great.
    Chris

Boolit Master
    Lucky you, Chris. What size did you get?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast