Load DataRepackboxWidenersLee Precision
Inline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyRotoMetals2
Reloading Everything Titan Reloading

Thread: Stuffed bell peppers

Stuffed bell peppers

I thawed and ground a few pounds of burger meat from a hog I shot in April. I seasoned about a third of the ground pork with cinnamon, onion powder, garlic powder, oregano and basil. Then hand mixed the meat with a cup of uncooked white rice. I dumped a half gallon of tomato juice into a crock pot and set on high. I then stuffed the peppers with the meat/rice. At this point I usually put a tbsp of butter on top the meat /rice before putting the top of the pepper back on. I forgot the butter, no big deal. Put the peppers in the pop and replaced the lid. I then forgot about it and went to my reloading room, I always need more 20ga slugs. When I returned about 4 1/2 hours later my wife was finishing her second pepper. I had one and it was decent but she really liked them.

BB

Boolit Grand Master

I wasn’t able to make it home this weekend and it would have been then first time I harvested peppers. I was really looking forward to them. I will post a recipe if people are interested. Don’t want step on the OP’s thread.

You can post your recipe on this thread if you like.

BB

Boolit Master

Can't disagree with the way you seasoned it or cooked it. Same way my mom did it and the way we do it. Love them things! Only way we differ is we use cooked rice--end up with the same product. Yummy!
    One of my father's favorite statements: "If I say a chicken dips snuff, look under his wing for the snuffbox" How I was raised, who I am.

Boolit Master

Anyone is welcome to post a recipe... I love them and have eaten the since I was a kid, must have had them a few dozen different ways. I think my favorites are spicy ones.

Boolit Mold
    Dang if that didn't get my mouth watering this morning!

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by dragon813gt View Post
    I wasn’t able to make it home this weekend and it would have been then first time I harvested peppers. I was really looking forward to them. I will post a recipe if people are interested. Don’t want step on the OP’s thread.
    Post your recipe ...can't have too many good , kitchen tested , recipe's .
    I love to eat stuffed peppers ...mmmmgood

Might post a good seafood stuffed pepper recipe I was given ... if I can find it !
    Gary
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

It been many years I last had some stuffed peppers , my Mom use to make it and you can not just eat just one.
    Life Member of NRA,NTA,DAV ,ITA. Also member of FTA,CBA

Boolit Grand Master

Cajun Seafood Stuffed Bell Peppers
    This recipe can be used with Crawfish , Shrimp and / or Crab .
    1 1/2 lbs. of peeled and chopped Crawfish tails.
    1 1/2 lbs. of peeled and chopped Shrimp .
    Or 3/4 lbs .each chopped shrimp and crab meat ...(what the heck ...use 1 lb. each).

1 1/2 sticks oleo or butter
    1 large Onion , minced
    1 bell pepper , minced
    1 cup Celery , minced
    2-3 Cloves Garlic , minced
    1 tablespoon fresh parsley
    1 1/2 or 2 lbs. Seafood of choice ( Crawfish , Shrimp and/or Crab meat)
    1/2 loaf stale French Bread
    2 teaspoons Salt
    1 teaspoon Crystal Hot Sauce
    1 egg , beaten
    5 or 6 large Bell Peppers , remove tops and remove seeds and inner ribs .

Saute onions , celery , bell pepper and garlic in butter (or oleo) until soft and onions are getting lightly brown. Add parsley , Seafood of choice , and French Bread that has been soaked in water (or milk) and squeezed out . Add salt and hot sauce and blend mixture thoroughly . Cook until shrimp / crawfish are just barely done . Remove from heat and stir in beaten egg slowly . Mix well .
    If too dry add a little water ...if too moist add dry bread crumbs.
    Taste and adjust seasonings .
    Take each cleaned pepper and fill with the mixture , place into a Pyrex baking dish , standing up ,
    when the dish is full , pour 1/4" water into the dish , cover and bake for 30 minutes @350 degrees in the oven . When the pepper's skin has cooked through and is soft, remove the Pyrex lid , top each pepper with spoon full or two of Tomato Sauce , return to oven uncovered for another 30 minutes .
    Note : exact baking times can vary . Remove from oven , let stand in dish 15 min.
    These bad boys freeze wonderfully and can be re-heated in the microwave and still taste great .
    I usually make a double batch and freeze what we don't eat ... good !!!
    Gary
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

Moderator Emeritus

We stuffed some Anaheim's with Monterrey jack cheese and battered and fried them. Home made Chile Rellonos just rock in my opinion. Seperate three eggs and beat the whites until stiff then slowly add the yolks until it is all together for a great batter. Broil the chiles until the skin is blackened, turning once, then let them steam in a plastic bag for 10 minutes. The skin should slide off under running water. Slit the side, pull the seeds, insert cheese, roll in seasoned flour, dip in beaten eggs and fry at 375-400 F.
    For a sauce, open a can of tomato sauce and add 3-4 tbsp taco seasoning.
    [The Montana Gianni] Front sight and squeeze