RotoMetals2Reloading EverythingInline FabricationLoad Data
RepackboxWidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee Precision
Snyders Jerky Titan Reloading
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: First Time Delayed on Background Check- So Angry

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Bazoo View Post
    Here in Ky there is no transfer or NICS on private sales.
    Same in PA. Handguns are supposed to go through a dealer w/ the proper PICS, PA State Troopers run the check, and paperwork. There’s an additional form for handguns that goes to said PA Troopers and is a “proof of sale” that’s supposed to be destroyed. You can guess how that goes. Because of this guns that were bought before this extra form are sold face to face all the time. If the form was completed most go through a dealer to remove the gun from your name so they don’t come knocking if the gun is used in a crime later down the line.

Boolit Master
    Dealer told me military and law enforcement are always delayed. My check came through after two days.

A few years ago I went to an Auction about an hour away. Bought an old Ithaca M37 16 ga. shotgun. Paid for it and ran the check. After about 45 minutes they told me it had a 3 day delay.
    So 3 days later I went down after it and te gun shop they used was about a 3 hour drive. She drove me and another fellow over to pick up our guns.
    Saw a lot of new scenery and learned a lot about some of the things we drove by. Not really a bad trip , but it did take a big chunk of time.
    I don't go to that auction house anymore. I go to one closer and they do their own checks.
    So a couple extra hours ain't nothin.
    Leo

Boolit Grand Master

Hey, it could be worse. I know someone who gets delayed every single time. The only thing on his record is a DUI, and he had the problem long before that. No criminal record, normal looking guy, delayed every single time. The best we can figure, it is from his name, a very common name, in conflict from someone near by that does have a criminal record. Why a search that you put your social security number into is not an instant pass or fail is what gets me.

BTW, an hour and a half drive wouldn't stop me at all. I've driven way farther than that for less.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Luber View Post
    Dealer told me military and law enforcement are always delayed. My check came through after two days.
    Does your dealer have brown eyes?

How do they know the person purchasing the firearm is military or LEO?
    NRA Benefactor.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12