MidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionPBcastcoInline Fabrication
Reloading EverythingLoad DataWidenersTitan Reloading
RotoMetals2 Repackbox
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dreyse 1907 .32 acp

Boolit Master

Dreyse 1907 .32 acp

I found a 1907 Dreyse .32 acp in a local shop. Interesting handgun. Anyone here have any experience with one?

Got any pictures?

Boolit Master
    No, it's still in the store. It looks to be in good shape. It's tempting. I got a thing for .32 acp handguns.

Looked it up online. Strange looker.
    Here is my 32acp.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bersa1.JPG 
Views:	25 
Size:	88.9 KB 
ID:	265598
    Bersa Lusber 84

Boolit Master
    I know what it looks like. I'm interested in first hand knowledge - its quirks, positives and negatives, how does it function, etc.

Boolit Master

Very cool! I have a soft spot for mouse guns. If you don't mind, what did you give for it? Every time I see (rarely) a Dreyse they are pretty salty.

Boolit Master
    I haven't bought it yet. They're asking $450. I like to research old guns before I get them.

Unless it is really nice, I think the asking is too high. $350-400 top. I passed on up at a gun show last year and now regret it. I too have a .32 bug.
    To paraphrase Ronald Reagan, the trouble with many shooting experts is not that they're ignorant; its just that they know so much that isn't so.

Boolit Master
    That's part of my research - price checking. There's none online currently for sale that I can find. If I did find one online, then I'd have to pay shipping, FFL transfer fees, etc. This one is in great shape.

Boolit Master

I'd ask them if they would take $400 out the door. If they do, or don't, I would jump on it. You really don't see these often. When you go to research a gun, and there are non on Gunbroker, it's time to buy.
    Speaking of .32 acp, anyone else get one of the Beretta 81's? I grabbed one 3 months ago for $279. I love this little thing! It is clawing for first place in my collection of .32's. Watch out Colt 1903!

Boolit Master
    I have a Melior .32 which is also based on the Browning 1900. I might hold off and try to find a Browning 1900 .32.

Boolit Master

A good bud of mine had one for a few months... it was very clean and fully operational. The problem he had with it, like many old guns, was no parts and no magazines anywhere. He bought it for 250 and sold it for 300 with 2 mags. It shot ok, felt kinda strange in the hand. Well built, should handle full power loads without issue.

Boolit Master
    I'm a sucker for the obscure .32s. I checked a few places for parts - Jack First and Numrich have parts. I'm going to check it out again tomorrow.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Battis View Post
    I have a Melior .32 which is also based on the Browning 1900. I might hold off and try to find a Browning 1900 .32.
    That looks a lot like the S&W Model 1913. That is one I've been after for a few years. My LGS has one, the only one I've seen in person, but they are asked $899. That's not a crazy price, but it's not a good price. Technically they are chambered for the obsolete .35 S&W, but they will run .32's no problem. Just a failed marketing ploy.

Boolit Master
    The Meloir was refinished at some point. It's slim and light, and a good shooter. I got it at the same shop that has the Dreyse.

Boolit Master
    I scratched that itch and bought the gun. The store took $25 off. It's in good shape.
    Last edited by Battis; 08-05-2020 at 04:37 PM.

I’ve had Dryse 32s and they functioned well but couldn’t hit bull in but with it. No big deal I’ve had a dozen Brn 1900s and didn’t do any better. JMB was suppose to have carried a 1900 as his favorite pinker. He must have be plinking barns.

Sadly I passed up a 1900 for $175 20 years ago simply because it was nickel plated. I would like a 1910 Browning more. I had a 1922 FN that thought it was a target gun; I’ve compared every 7.65 that I’ve owned since then to it. That Dreyse is so ugly it is awesome, Battis!

Boolit Master
    It's heavy and solid. Well made. Wolff Springs on the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Hanzy4200 View Post
    I'd ask them if they would take $400 out the door. If they do, or don't, I would jump on it. You really don't see these often. When you go to research a gun, and there are non on Gunbroker, it's time to buy.
    Speaking of .32 acp, anyone else get one of the Beretta 81's? I grabbed one 3 months ago for $279. I love this little thing! It is clawing for first place in my collection of .32's. Watch out Colt 1903!
    Mine is currently in second place behind the Ruger NMSingle Six in .32H&R mag but I only shoot .32sw long in it.
    And it is moving up. My poor H&R 732 double action 2.5" barrel has dropped a spot and is not happy about it.

Loving the 81 so much I almost spent the money for a second.
    I truly believe we need to get back to basics.

Get right with the Lord.
    Get back to the land.
    Get back to thinking like our forefathers thought.

May the Lord bless you and keep you. May the Lord make His face to shine upon you and be gracious unto you
    and give you His peace. Let all of the earth – all of His creation – worship and praise His name! Make His
    praise glorious!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast