RepackboxReloading EverythingInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters Supply
RotoMetals2Titan ReloadingWidenersLoad Data
Lee Precision PBcastco
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Big Upgrade?

Big Upgrade?

Willy's email asking for Donations indicated that a Big Update to the forum was coming soon.

Will this be an upgrade to Vbulletin or is this going the same route as most other firearm forums moving to the Canadian company Second Media Corp?

Just curious as to how this is going to go.

redhawk

The only stupid question...is the unasked one.
    Not all who wander....are lost.
    "Common Sense" is like a flower. It doesn't grow in everyone's garden.

If more government is the answer, then it was a really stupid question. - Ronald Reagan

Call me curious also. Concerned even.
    I truly believe we need to get back to basics.

Get right with the Lord.
    Get back to the land.
    Get back to thinking like our forefathers thought.

May the Lord bless you and keep you. May the Lord make His face to shine upon you and be gracious unto you
    and give you His peace. Let all of the earth – all of His creation – worship and praise His name! Make His
    praise glorious!

Boolit Grand Master

If it’s the latter this place will be dead in short order. I foresee another forum growing quickly if that’s the case.

No one knows? Hmmmm....I'm not donating until I hear which way this is going. I'm not sending my money over the border.

redhawk

If more government is the answer, then it was a really stupid question. - Ronald Reagan

Boolit Man

I haven't gotten an email, just went and looked at the banner on the website. Seems to be the annual drive?
    It's time for my annual subscription too.

I'd definitely be interested in knowing if a change like mentioned above is in the works. Happened to one forum I was a life member, just 2 years into my membership. I was not happy, to say the least.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    If it goes the same way as "The shooter's forum" went, I may have to go hunting for another discussion forum.

Cast Boolits Owner

This place isn’t going anywhere and unless I sell it is not being sold. The big upgrade is the newest version of Vbulletin board on a new server.
    "The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion."
    - Albert Camus -

Boolit Master

Cool No1 sounds good. Now we all can relax.
    One round at a time.
    Member of the NRA,GOA and FAOC. Gun clubs Zerby rod and gun club. Keystone Fish and Game Association.

Boolit Mold
    Just curious, is Team Boolits the same as the annual donation?

Cast Boolits Owner

The Team Boolits Sponsorship’s / Annual Server fund drive are collected/managed by Willy as payment for his webmaster services. The Team Boolit Sponsorships cover the Yearly web fees and the Annual Server Fund Drive covers yearly server updates/upgrades/replacement.
    "The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion."
    - Albert Camus -

Boolit Man

Quote Originally Posted by No_1 View Post
    This place isn’t going anywhere and unless I sell it is not being sold. The big upgrade is the newest version of Vbulletin board on a new server.
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by No_1 View Post
    Thanx for the information...Donation coming. The Second Media Corp forums really suck. I've bailed out of 2 of them already. I'd really hate to loose this contact with this group too.

redhawk

Cast Boolits Owner

And that’s a shame. Y’all spread the word that our doors are open for all that are looking for a new home.
    - Albert Camus -

Boolit Buddy
    While I don't contribute very much to the forum, I do have to say it is very informative for me and I think it is in my best interest to contribute, even if I have to dig into my retirement funds.
    West of Beaver Dick's Ferry.

Cast Boolits Owner

Quote Originally Posted by trebor44 View Post
    While I don't contribute very much to the forum, I do have to say it is very informative for me and I think it is in my best interest to contribute, even if I have to dig into my retirement funds.
    Thank you for the support!
    - Albert Camus -

Banned
    In the beginning of this update ya'll mentioned CB would be getting a face lift but you'd try to keep it close to the way it is now, is this what might happen now?

Cast Boolits Owner

Yup - software upgrade.
    - Albert Camus -

Boolit Master

Last upgrade many were locked out for a week. Is this going to happen again?

Boolit Man

Quote Originally Posted by oneofsix View Post
    I haven't gotten an email, just went and looked at the banner on the website. Seems to be the annual drive?
    It's time for my annual subscription too.

I'd definitely be interested in knowing if a change like mentioned above is in the works. Happened to one forum I was a life member, just 2 years into my membership. I was not happy, to say the least.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    Well, searched high and low, couldn't find a reason my subscription didn't automatically renew. Could be the credit card w/Paypal changed. I renewed and created a new subscription w/Paypal.

Cast Boolits Owner

Quote Originally Posted by largom View Post
    Last upgrade many were locked out for a week. Is this going to happen again?
    The last “lock out” issues happened during the server change which was a hardware upgrade. The root cause of the lockout was members computers (no mistake on the members part) attempting to access the old server as well as the new causing a conflict which prevented them from logging in.
    - Albert Camus -

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast