Snyders JerkyReloading EverythingWidenersLoad Data
Inline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionTitan Reloading
RotoMetals2 Repackbox
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: 735 pumpkin balls

Thanks Scott for the pics. GB: I also prefer to use a roll crimp. Part of that is that I usually use a new hull when loading slugs or round ball and it's the lazy mans way, no press required. I measure each powder charge, then just use a wood dowel to seat the gas seal and wad and roll crimp. Gp

Boolit Master

GP

Which style of Lyman crimper did you have?
    Scott

You can easily judge the character of others by how they treat those who they think can do nothing for them.

Quote Originally Posted by dsh1106 View Post
    GP

Which style of Lyman crimper did you have?
    Of the ones pictured in your hand Scott, it appears to be the center roller. Gp

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by gpidaho View Post
    Of the ones pictured in your hand Scott, it appears to be the center roller. Gp
    You should be good, all you'll need to do is change the length of the material your rolling. (shorten the stack height or lengthen the hull)
    I did find that 3" shells can be trimmed to perfect length for roll crimping 2 3/4" loads.

Scott
    Scott

You can easily judge the character of others by how they treat those who they think can do nothing for them.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by GBertolet View Post
    I have the Ballistic Products roll crimper. Works fine. I feel that using a roll crimp, provides extra resistance unfolding the crimp, allowing pressures to rise more quickly, giving a cleaner burn with slow burning powders. It also aids in uniformity of ballistics, over the fold crimp. That's my opinion anyway.
    I used to believe that too, however, pressure testing has shown that the fold crimp produces more pressure than the roll crimp.
    "We take a thousand moments for granted thinking there will be a thousand more to come. Each day, each breath, each beat of your heart is a gift. Live with love & joy, tomorrow is not promised to anyone......"

unknown

NEF/H&R made a few rifled slug models. The ultra slug hunter with a heavy barrel(SB2 10ga frame and barrel and the tracker two(SB1 frame) with a lighter barrel. There was also a tracker 2 plus that was drilled for a scope rail and a heavier barrel similar to the ultra.
    NOW, for a ferocious beast H&R made a slug model called the Topper 162 "Buck" model.Cylinder bore. It weighs a scant 5 pounds 3 ounces. Its not just hard kicking, its violent! Ive seen it stagger several grown men with 3" slugs. With a Brenneke 3" black magic slug it has about 70 pounds of recoil. About the same as a 458 LOTT or a 470 Nitro

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Kylongrifle View Post
    NEF/H&R made a few rifled slug models. The ultra slug hunter with a heavy barrel(SB2 10ga frame and barrel and the tracker two(SB1 frame) with a lighter barrel. There was also a tracker 2 plus that was drilled for a scope rail and a heavier barrel similar to the ultra.
    NOW, for a ferocious beast H&R made a slug model called the Topper 162 "Buck" model.Cylinder bore. It weighs a scant 5 pounds 3 ounces. Its not just hard kicking, its violent! Ive seen it stagger several grown men with 3" slugs. With a Brenneke 3" black magic slug it has about 70 pounds of recoil. About the same as a 458 LOTT or a 470 Nitro
    That would be a great gun for those who travel in bear country and need a light, handy, close-range slug gun. Only one shot, but still......
    "We take a thousand moments for granted thinking there will be a thousand more to come. Each day, each breath, each beat of your heart is a gift. Live with love & joy, tomorrow is not promised to anyone......"

unknown

Its honestly a very good little gun. Recoil is managble with regular loads. Mine is actually very accurate with most slugs and shoots real nice groups with Brenneke slugs..

Boolit Master

Hreat lil guns!!!

I have a shorty thats under 5#! 18" barrel syn sticks and peep sights!! Shoots a softball all day with Rem Sluggers! And kicks your dupa!!

CW
    NRA Life member • REMEMBER, FREEDOM IS NOT FREE its being paid for in BLOOD.
    Come visit my RUMBLE & uTube page's !!

https://www.RUMBLE.com/user/Cwlongshot
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCBOIIvlk30qD5a7xVLfmyfw

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345