Titan ReloadingPBcastcoMidSouth Shooters SupplyWideners
Lee PrecisionRepackboxRotoMetals2Load Data
Inline Fabrication Reloading Everything
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1992 marlin 32 rimfire-centerfire?

Boolit Buddy
    stupid question for you: how many rounds fit in the magazine?
    Mine holds a total 14 32 Long Colts and 17 32 Short Colts in the tubular magazine.

Boolit Buddy
    Out of stock at Buffalo Arms.
    Buffalo Arms replenishes their supplies fairly often so if they’re out of stock today usually it’s in stock within a month.

That identified, the difference between the two vendors is minimal, Buffalo Arms uses Starline Brass and the last batch I got from Jack was PPU.

I have found that after trimming, the Starline Brass is thicker at the case mouth than the PPU and what I have found is that the thicker Starline brass provides for a “tighter” grip on the heel base for a more consistent “pull” on the projectile upon firing providing better accuracy for me in my guns.

YMMV.

Dr.

Quote Originally Posted by ddixie884 View Post
    I don't tthink the .32s&w will fit in the magazine.......
    They do ! I have a 1892 Marlin and opened the chamber to 32 S&W long with a chucking reamer and trim my brass to .885” long and shoot a 100 gr, cast rn boolit and it feeds and shoots great. I load them very light something like 2.7 grs of powder and they hit a 100 yard steel easily.
    I fussed with making 32 long colt brass foe a while and have a heeled boolit mold but decided I wasn’t going to hurt the value of the rifle by making it shoot a easy to get round and glad I did.

Jedman

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Jedman View Post
    They do ! I have a 1892 Marlin and opened the chamber to 32 S&W long with a chucking reamer and trim my brass to .885” long and shoot a 100 gr, cast rn boolit and it feeds and shoots great. I load them very light something like 2.7 grs of powder and they hit a 100 yard steel easily.
    I fussed with making 32 long colt brass foe a while and have a heeled boolit mold but decided I wasn’t going to hurt the value of the rifle by making it shoot a easy to get round and glad I did.

Jedman
    I'm surprised to hear that. I thought about one a time or two and held a .32 S&W up to the cut out in the tube but it didn't look to fit. Now you have me thinking. Not, a good thing........
    JMHO-YMMV
    dd884
    gary@2texastrucks.com
    Gary D. Peek

Boolit Buddy
    I'm surprised to hear that. I thought about one a time or two and held a .32 S&W up to the cut out in the tube but it didn't look to fit. Now you have me thinking. Not, a good thing........
    Neither 32 S&W Long nor 32 S&W short will drop into the magazine opening for either of my Marlin M92’s.

The openings on mine would have to be opened up a bit to allow them to fall in.

Boolit Master

The openings could be altered if they will go in from the top.... I don't have one to check............
    JMHO-YMMV
    dd884
    gary@2texastrucks.com
    Gary D. Peek

Boolit Master

A 32 S&W Long will enter the magazine on mine and feed to the chamber, which is as far as I took it as it still has the original chamber. For my rifle, it appears to be a workable mod.

Philistines !
    Cognitive Dissident

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by uscra112 View Post
    Philistines !
    No!! The Philistines are the ammo makers who don't make a run of the "obsolete" ammo's every once in a while.

CS

Boolit Master

A collet crimp die from Old West Bullet Molds is the cat's meow for crimping heel bullets

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ndnchf View Post
    A collet crimp die from Old West Bullet Molds is the cat's meow for crimping heel bullets
    YES! And they can make shell holders that are adjustable for slight case length differences.

Chev. William

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Chev. William View Post
    YES! And they can make shell holders that are adjustable for slight case length differences.

Chev. William
    Yes indeed. I made an addition to mine that let's me use it for 32 Colt and 32 Ballard XL. So it is really versatile.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12